1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DLC 05 anticipation thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by CivCube, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wiggawuu

wiggawuu Warlord

Well, don't they release a patch every time they release content? So, maybe it is the place then? What is your problem anyways?

Moderator Action: Please address the post, and the issues in it, and not the poster. That is trolling. leif
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2017
    Manifold likes this.
  2. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

You did say "I could(sic) care less about new DLC" in the DLC05 Anticipation thread. It seems a little contradictory to me.

3. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

What we actually need is a (new) stickied "Eagle Pursuit's Next Update Anticipation Thread", that way whether it's DLC or an XPac or just a patch, Eagle will be the forum prognosticator.

CivLuvah likes this.
  4. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

There is only one thread dedicated to the speculation and analysis of the next DLC, while you can find threads about all the shortcomings of the AI all over this forum. Essentially, any thread about a problem with the game is a thread about things people want to see fixed. If people start naming the things that they want to see fixed in this thread, it becomes no different than all the rest. You've killed its special-ness and fun. And you said yourself that you have no interest in the DLC, which further indicates you should find a thread (and there are very many) that suit your interest.

@Duuk My analysis is enjoyed by the posters who frequent this thread, but I don't know if it's authoritative enough to warrant a stickied thread by itself. It feels at home with the DLC speculation to me.

5. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Indonesia's Atomic Era theme would sound epic with "futuristic" gamelan music.

Gamelan + cymbals + gongs + tubular bells + synthesizer + maybe theremin = memorable Indonesian music for years to come

6. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

The way Firaxis's composers have put together the futuristic Atomic themes for some of the ancient civs that don't even exist anymore is honestly one of the coolest things about the Civ VI soundtrack.

I was actually really skeptical about the Atomic music the first time I heard one of the themes - I can't remember who it was, but my first thought was literally 'Why have they put some CoD menu music in the game?' but over time the sort of, i guess 'tactical' twist they've put on all the Industrial themes has really really grown on me.

I for one look forward to our cybergamelan future. :love:

7. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

As long as the theme for the new African civ isn't as cheesy as Kongo's...
    Both of the most likely choices (Ethiopia and Mali) have a really rich reservoir of music traditional and not so traditional. And both use distinct instruments as well. It would be easy to create great soundtracks for both civs that change throughout the ages. Malian music has been a hobby of mine for many years and I'm still surprised how good some of the stuff is I stumble on every now and then.

Zaarin likes this.
  8. Piruparka

Piruparka Prince

Since we haven't seen any new steam achievements yet, we should not expect a first look soon, right? Iirc, we've always seen new achievements a week ahead of the first look.

Hawke9 likes this.
  9. Eagle Pursuit

That's true. The achievements have historically been a week out*, while the First Looks have been less than a week out.

*except for Vikings and Poland where the achievements were 20 days ahead of release.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  10. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

Moderator Action: Please get back to the topic and discuss what may be in the next DLC release. Cease sniping at each other and please stop complaining about the game, there are plenty of threads dedicated to that already. leif
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

11. Manifold

Manifold ModderProtectionAdvocate

dlc5 "anticipation" for me means also "anticipation" for the next patch of course. We also talk/discuss a lot about more off topic things here than the next patch is.
    It is not a question that we expect an improvement of the game in addition to the dlc.

The world-builder had been promised us (with brush size, nw placement...).
    I wait for the possibility to rename my Civ and leader.
    The hall of fame is prepared but not ready yet.

Hawke9 likes this.
  12. Hawke9

Hawke9 Warlord

Thanks for the update.
    Looking forward to all those changes, I hope they add singleplayer teams too like in civ V. It would make for some immersive and interesting singleplayer scenarios.

13. Eagle Pursuit

2kqa_c has been updated. Aztecs omitted once again.

Gingerboy29, oedali and Siptah like this.
  14. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

Wild stab in the dark - Indonesia had that ability to generate special luxuries in Civ V. Firaxis have given them some kind of variation on that ability as part of their Civ VI kit and its causing a conflict with the Aztec combat strength boost ability and/or Montezuma's agenda.

WillowBrook likes this.
  15. Larsenex

Larsenex King

@Eagle Pursuit I am popping in here checking on how things look. I think you mentioned that patches are released on a Tuesday is that correct? Also are you able to tell from file movement what may be coming as far as a dlc? I did not want to read 100+ pages, but it seems like the community is sure that an African based civ is in the works, is this correct?

Thank you for the thread. I appreciate your work keeping this Civ Fanatic updated on Civ stuff.

Piruparka, CivLuvah and Manifold like this.
  16. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

Firaxis and 2K have confirmed that there is defiantly a African and South-East Asian Civ in the works for the next two DLCs (no confirmation on which order they will come in)

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  17. Eagle Pursuit

What @AvianBritish said.

18. God of Kings

Based on the inferences EP made, along how the testing depots disabled the Aztecs, Indonesia has an extremely good chance of representing Southeast Asia (since Indonesia has unique luxuries, which based on current test builds, interfere with the Aztecs).

19. Eagle Pursuit

I'm skeptical of this interpretation. I think they are eliminating the Aztec DLC and merging it into the base game since it doesn't need to be a separate unit anymore.

Perhaps, as the first DLC they made with the new engine, it had an issue with the cross-platform multiplayer.

Siptah, Leyrann and CivLuvah like this.
  20. God of Kings

That may be a better interpretation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.