DLC 05 anticipation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, I guess I'm just wondering in Civ 6 what form of OP will they take :lol:
Who knows, but will they be more OP than Polish Winged Hussars, Sumerian War Carts and the incredible Brazilian Minas Geraes? That's the question!

(Whiny kid voice) "Are we there yet?"

I think the Sagrada Família is finished sooner.

They could really give us something new like a hint to speculate over the weekend. Everything else is already written here.

2kqa_a was just updated. That's the first time in this testing cycle that they have updated the PC qa builds 3 times in a week.

@Eagle Pursuit, for previous DLC releases - how many days were there between the final QA update and the actual release date of the DLC? Does a QA Update today reduce the likelihood of any of the specific potential release dates next week?

I'm in agreement with you on the very likely Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday :: First Look/Live Stream/DLC Release schedule for next week.

They could really give us something new like a hint to speculate over the weekend. Everything else is already written here.

My thoughts exactly. All that was needed was a short, like 3-5 seconds video of, let's say, Pete Murray sitting behind the desk in Firaxis HQ, looking straight into the camera and quietly whispering the saint word 'Soon'. Hell, not even whispering, to mouth it gently would have been quite enough.

Oh, and among all that merchandise around him on the table, or somewhere on the wall behind, in between all those promotional posters and banners, there could have been rather inconspicuous, but quite very major clue of what supposedly is going to hit us most probably rather soonish indeed. Some blurry shape of a spearhead (wait, is it characteristically African, or would you place it somewhere in Asia, South Asia, to be more specific?), some not quite visible image of a bit recognizable building, a slightly telling war paint on the face of Pete, you get the idea. This thread would've gone over nine thousand by Tuesday.
And now it will only be deciding which destination - domestic or foreign - to pick for that umpteenth trade route. All weekend long...:sad:

@Eagle Pursuit, for previous DLC releases - how many days were there between the final QA update and the actual release date of the DLC? Does a QA Update today reduce the likelihood of any of the specific potential release dates next week?

I'm in agreement with you on the very likely Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday :: First Look/Live Stream/DLC Release schedule for next week.

There have been qa updates up to the day before release. Australia was even weirder. They only used builds a-c through the cycle, but updated d hours before release.

My thoughts exactly. All that was needed was a short, like 3-5 seconds video of, let's say, Pete Murray sitting behind the desk in Firaxis HQ, looking straight into the camera and quietly whispering the saint word 'Soon'. Hell, not even whispering, to mouth it gently would have been quite enough.

Oh, and among all that merchandise around him on the table, or somewhere on the wall behind, in between all those promotional posters and banners, there could have been rather inconspicuous, but quite very major clue of what supposedly is going to hit us most probably rather soonish indeed. Some blurry shape of a spearhead (wait, is it characteristically African, or would you place it somewhere in Asia, South Asia, to be more specific?), some not quite visible image of a bit recognizable building, a slightly telling war paint on the face of Pete, you get the idea. This thread would've gone over nine thousand by Tuesday.
And now it will only be deciding which destination - domestic or foreign - to pick for that umpteenth trade route. All weekend long...:sad:
Or maybe he could accidentally open the Civilopedia and scroll through the leader list... :mischief:

Something I have been wondering about is if the African civ is the Zulus, will the Impis still be as OP as they were in Civ 5?. I just finished a Civ 5 game with them in it, and by the Industrial Era they had conquered 14+ cities.

So with that in mind, do you think they will get a really powerful unit or a more general buff that applies to multiple era units based on the Zulu combat strategies and tactics.

I wouldn't say the Impi was that OP in Civ 5 - it's just a unit that worked well with the AI's limited abilities. A lot of the archery units were stronger (especially the archer calvary ones like the horse archer), but the AI couldn't use ranged units basically at all. The AI generally used mainly melee units, so the Impi's extra movement really helped them, and Shaka's unit discounts allowed him to have a giant army.

For Civ 6, who knows. The Impi could again have movement bonuses. The Ikanada could be implemented as a unique barracks. Or they could give them more defensive bonuses for fighting in their own territory (ala the Shoshone in Civ 5). Or maybe they can have a unique luxury "mardi gras beads" ;)

Or maybe he could accidentally open the Civilopedia and scroll through the leader list... :mischief:

Although it would be almost irresistibly tempting to witness such a miracle twice in one's lifetime, caution is advisable here - after prolonged periods of info-starvation, such a chunk of too obvious details is likely to be rather lethal to most of us. A diluted drop of hint would be a safer option :)

Although it would be almost irresistibly tempting to witness such a miracle twice in one's lifetime, caution is advisable here - after prolonged periods of info-starvation, such a chunk of too obvious details is likely to be rather lethal to most of us. A diluted drop of hint would be a safer option :)
Maybe he can just leave a poster with blurry images of the leaders in the background, then. :lol:

I hope there's a new Wonder in the upcoming DLC, but so far only the Persia and Macedon pack has supplied this.

I'm curious as to how Firaxis decide what else they'll include in a DLC? Australia had the Uluru Natural Wonder, meanwhile Poland came with nothing?

HD footage of a poster that was intentionally created blurry.

Did anyone for Firaxis ever comment on that? I always just assumed that "revealing" the poster in the background was an intentional thing intended to provoke debate, considering that it would be hard to miss if they spent some time editing and prepping that video before putting it up.

Leadergate though, that is still the most hilariously awkward and unintentional videogame-related leak I have ever seen in my life :lol:

Did anyone for Firaxis ever comment on that? I always just assumed that "revealing" the poster in the background was an intentional thing intended to provoke debate, considering that it would be hard to miss if they spent some time editing and prepping that video before putting it up.

Leadergate though, that is still the most hilariously awkward and unintentional videogame-related leak I have ever seen in my life :lol:

All I ever heard about it was that they were laughing at the poster thread. Which makes me think it was intentional, but I have never heard of them explicitly saying so.

So it's looking like we'll at least know what DLC #5 by next week (hopefully)! Honestly I'd just like to know what it is, if I have to wait another week after that I'd be fine.

All I ever heard about it was that they were laughing at the poster thread. Which makes me think it was intentional, but I have never heard of them explicitly saying so.

We'll probably never know then for certain - it just struck me as a kind of bizarre thing to have up on the wall.

Ed Beach, "Hey guys, I made a pictorial list of all the leaders we want to have in the game at launch just in case anyone forgets."

Random Firaxis employee, "But don't we have that stuff written down in the design documents Ed?"

"Well, I thought we should have this copy, you know, in the event that all of the hard copies are destroyed in a fire and all the digital copies get corrupted."

"Good idea Ed! Let's put it on the wall here, right next to where we stand and make small talk for the behind the scenes videos!"

We'll probably never know then for certain - it just struck me as a kind of bizarre thing to have up on the wall.

Ed Beach, "Hey guys, I made a pictorial list of all the leaders we want to have in the game at launch just in case anyone forgets."

Random Firaxis employee, "But don't we have that stuff written down in the design documents Ed?"

"Well, I thought we should have this copy, you know, in the event that all of the hard copies are destroyed in a fire and all the digital copies get corrupted."

"Good idea Ed! Let's put it on the wall here, right next to where we stand and make small talk for the behind the scenes videos!"

The art team has lots of concept art on the walls. I have blueprints and site photos on my wall at work. It doesn't seem that weird to me.

The art team has lots of concept art on the walls. I have blueprints and site photos on my wall at work. It doesn't seem that weird to me.

Actually yeah, you're right. I just went back and watched the video again and I had misremembered where the Leader poster shows up. I thought it was on a wall with like what looks like their work schedules and stuff, and therefore has absolutely nothing to do with the game art, but it was actually with the rest of their concept art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom