DLC 05 anticipation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is shaping up to be a long weekend of waiting.

Well its supposed to be rainy here all weekend, so I guess I will just start a new game of Stellaris, that will easily distract me from wanting to play Civ but knowing I probably wouldn't get a game done before the patch :D

Well its supposed to be rainy here all weekend, so I guess I will just start a new game of Stellaris, that will easily distract me from wanting to play Civ but knowing I probably wouldn't get a game done before the patch :D

I`ve started a new civ 6 game with the vikings 2 days ago. I dont think i will finish it in time before Thursday do. I`m going to miss my civ 6 mods for a while.

I've actually slowly been scaling down mods by virtue of "I actually don't really want to use them" anymore, by now I only use a map script and 8 Ages of Pace.

I'm curious if it's just me who feels this way but, is anyone else kinda reluctant to use mods because they feel like the changes they make really ought to be made official by Firaxis in a patch? Sometimes I wonder why simple UI adjustments which make the game objectively better and easier to play still haven't been made 9 months since Civ VI's release?

I'm curious if it's just me who feels this way but, is anyone else kinda reluctant to use mods because they feel like the changes they make really ought to be made official by Firaxis in a patch? Sometimes I wonder why simple UI adjustments which make the game objectively better and easier to play still haven't been made 9 months since Civ VI's release?

The only way i feel reluctant towards mods is because i can`t use them for a while after a patch hits. Since this only tends to happen every 3 months or so now this is less of a deal.
I`m sticking to the MOAR unit mods mostly + some UI changes and great people portraits.

That's why I make my own mod, some with my changes and some borrowed from others. But once the patch hits and anything is broken, I can fix it myself instead of waiting.

I've been doing my best to keep up to date on this, but when did the +10 hidden achievements hit? I noticed them this morning but recall there was something posted before about achievements being a week before release?

I've been doing my best to keep up to date on this, but when did the +10 hidden achievements hit? I noticed them this morning but recall there was something posted before about achievements being a week before release?

They appeared on Tuesday, but we don't think the patch/DLC will actually release this Tuesday. Thursday is more likely.

Dang it, this is a long wait. I could do with a couple of new civilizations. I don't care much for warmongering, so the previous DLC didn't do much for me.

Ideally, I am hoping for a civ which could be played peacefully and preferably tall. Currently the only civ which is somewhat viable when played tall seems to be Kongo.

I'm curious if it's just me who feels this way but, is anyone else kinda reluctant to use mods because they feel like the changes they make really ought to be made official by Firaxis in a patch?
Firaxis couldn't afford the huge number of people making mods and tweaks, and
thinking up all manner of enhancements and improvements.

I wouldn't bother with Civ if much larger, better maps weren't available. To me,
anything smaller than Ynamp's Giant Earth at ludicrous size with 24 Civs and
60 city states feels like a toy demo.

Dang it, this is a long wait. I could do with a couple of new civilizations. I don't care much for warmongering, so the previous DLC didn't do much for me.

Ideally, I am hoping for a civ which could be played peacefully and preferably tall. Currently the only civ which is somewhat viable when played tall seems to be Kongo.

Try a cultural win with Persia. Their improvement adds +1 to resorts and parks, aside from the bonus gold and culture.

And Alex can be a science juggernaut.

You don't have to play them as mongers.

@Ferocitus #jealous. I can only handle giant. But I kinda feel the same way. I do switch it up on occassion.

It really is shaping up to be a long weekend of waiting.

Well, it will be a long wait until next Thursday; that is for sure. And for us Mac users, it might be even longer unless what AspyrWoo said really becomes true. Regardless, I'm enjoying myself getting those achievements done. I´m playing China again and this time trying to get four achievements in one game. It should give me my Civ dose and keep me busy during the week. And if the wait is longer, well, I have more achievements to get done while you PC people gloat. :)

Try a one-city Kongo challenge.

You get to listen to music pertaining to bananas.

I've done this. Its fun.

I'm gonna make some phonecalls. I think I can get a pizza delivery gal to make a mistaken delivery and peek through some windows.

edit: seems we the lonely few on an early saturday.

Last edited:
Guess whos going away for two weeks on Monday :( Going to suck not to be able to play the new Civ for two weeks and miss out on all the fun in this thread.

Guess whos going away for two weeks on Monday :( Going to suck not to be able to play the new Civ for two weeks and miss out on all the fun in this thread.

You can at least follow along with the forum on a mobile device, right?

I use LOTS of mods to customize my game my way. Yeah, it is annoying a bit when the official updates and DLC obsolete the mods on occasion, but so what? I'm having fun in the meantime. And some mods make the game much more interesting.

I prefer not to use mods other than UI enhancements because I like playing the same game as other people. If we're talking strategy then we need to be playing by the same rules to give and get advice. That being said, Firaxis really needs to apply a lot of balance mod ideas to their actual product.

History says that they won't though. For example: even to this day, Krakatoa will appear in the middle of the ocean in Civ 5 unless you use a mod that actually makes it spawn in a workable location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom