DLC 05 anticipation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can expect DLC before Easter. If there are Easter there are eggs. So I checked top ten countries that eat or produce most eggs in the world. My bet is: Portugal, Indonesia and Mexico.

I think we can expect DLC before Easter. If there are Easter there are eggs. So I checked top ten countries that eat or produce most eggs in the world. My bet is: Portugal, Indonesia and Mexico.

Within 2 weeks?

k

We still have a suspicious lack of Italian city states among the current city states, I thought that they might add them with the digital deluxe edition DLCs but they are still nowhere to be found... interesting.

Hope the next one is some extra leaders for the vanilla civs, but we'll see.

Both are unlikely . But if I have to pick between Easter patch or Expansion announcement this Easter , I'll pick the latter . :p

I don't forsee an expansion until the game is at least a whole year old. Expansion announcement in July at the earliest. More likely, the expansion will be this time next year.

Reactions: Rup
Another reason I suspect we're on a break from main branch DLC until mid summer is to give a chance for Mac and Linux to catch up AND for x-platform MP to be nailed down, which is likely to have random OOS stuff when it first hits.

I don't forsee an expansion until the game is at least a whole year old. Expansion announcement in July at the earliest. More likely, the expansion will be this time next year.
I suspect the xpac announcement will be after the midsummer patch with a targeted release for christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes me too . I think we will have expansion somewhat this time next year .

I've been thinking of some hypotheses, but I'm pretty sure all DLCs will have a marketing approach. Maybe a DLC that includes Italian civs, or a double civ from Austria and Hungary, since Vienna and Budapest are not present in the game.
Or maybe a DLC that includes Vietnam. A Mongolian DLC with a scenario is likely enough.
I do not know if the civilization market is big in Mexico, but we can see it too.

From a pure game-market standpoint, Korea is the most likely.

I thought Korea was comparable to the Netherlands in size, and therefore in game-market... But now I found out they got three times as many inhabitants (SK that is, I doubt they sell a lot of Civilizaiton in NK). Guess that also explains a bit how Korea manages to get so many extremely good gamers out... Not only their gaming culture, but also their bigger size. Thought it was just the culture that somehow managed to dominate every big pvp game.

Aside from the overall dearth of SE Asian, Native American and Sub-Saharan African civs, imho the two biggest current omissions are Babylon and Mongolia.

Both have been in since Civ1, and they were the first two DLC last time.

That being said, I think a double Mongolia/Korea pack could be likely, given the popularity in the Korean market.

I'd really like to see Babylon too though.

Last edited:
The real question is, since they referenced Cyrus with Tomyris's LUA and now Babylon with Cyrus's LUA, which civ will the inevitable Babylonian leader get to tease if Firaxis wants to keep this fun little tradition going? :think:

From a pure game-market standpoint, Korea is the most likely.

Yeah, but Seoul is already in the game. We can see Korea included in the last DLCs, maybe. Just as I could have said Canada, but Toronto is already in and I believe it will be included in an expansion with a diplomacy mechanism.
I know that Seoul or Toronto being present in the game does not necessarily prevent Korea ou Canada from being included soon, but I believe they will include those who are not present in the game yet, nor by city-states like Austria, Hungary, Vietnam...
Maybe someone thought it strange that no Australian city looked like the base game, but then we saw Australia in the second DLC. I think they will not include a city-state with the intention of including their belonging civilizations anytime soon.

And I think DLC does not fit for not too mediatic civs like Khmer, Zulu, Songhai, Siam, Timurds ... I do not know if players who are not so interested in history would pay for them. They are more viable in expansions alongside big and known names like Netherlands, Ottomans, Byzantines...

The real question is, since they referenced Cyrus with Tomyris's LUA and now Babylon with Cyrus's LUA, which civ will the inevitable Babylonian leader get to tease if Firaxis wants to keep this fun little tradition going? :think:

Almost certainly either Hammurabi or Nebuchadnezzar.

Could Neb tease the Hebrews? ;)

Judea?

That'll never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom