1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DLC 05 anticipation thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by CivCube, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbbt

bbbt Emperor

Hmm is the incorrect assumption that Firaxis has the same conception of SE Asia as the rest of the world? MONGOLS CONFIRMED!

2. wiggawuu

wiggawuu Warlord

I don't understand why you guys are talking about new civ's here. I rather we get more AI and interface fixes. Were all getting bored. The AI sucks and makes the game so lame after 100 turns or so.

3. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

Well those are a given, insofar as it's possible with a patch or so. It's also far less interesting to talk about, and the specific problems have been thoroughly discussed in these parts...

Siptah, Leyrann, DeutschDachs and 2 others like this.
  4. Benzombie

Benzombie Warlord

You know it came to me just now, if they deleted the tweet about the 2 civs and 3 leaders, why didn't they delete the announcement on the Civ6 steam community hub?

5. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

The announcement says 3 leaders representing SEA and Africa. The tweet said 2 civ/scenario packs, one with an additional leader.

6. Benzombie

Benzombie Warlord

Oh, my bad mate.

7. Negan

Negan Chieftain

I feel like we will be getting a total of 3 civs, it would help deliver the savings they were going for. My guess is we will receive two civs in Africa and one in South East Asia, which would also help fill out the TSL map nicely. One African civ for west/north and south Africa and Kongo will have plenty of competition. Also if I recall correctly the Deluxe Edition was worded very similar with the announcement, using the word "leaders" despite there being no alternate leaders.

8. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Deity

That's what I wondered, though even for Firaxis treating Mongolia as part of SE Asia is a stretch. If they're using a different definition of SE Asia, I'd be guessing either an Indian leader or Sri Lanka (which might fit hints mentioned in the thread of a religious civ, although so could many others - Khmer and Bagan/Burma in particular).

9. gfeier

gfeier King

We've probably gotten to the point of diminishing returns discussing the identities of the new leaders and civs. What about the patch that will probably come along with the first DLC? We finally got rid of the last built bug and I don't expect a Hall of Fame until the first expansion, so what do you think are the most likely things to be fixed next time around?

10. Eagle Pursuit

I thought the last build bug was solved?

11. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Where's our build queue?

It's there in earlier editions of Civ. We don't have to resort to using a mod to have build queue.

CPWimmer likes this.
  12. gfeier

gfeier King

It was, just like I said in my post ;-)

13. Eagle Pursuit

I misread. I thought you were asking when it would be fixed.

14. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Deity

I still want random map size back.

Siptah likes this.
  15. gfeier

gfeier King

The three things I would like to see the most are a reduction in warmonger penalties for capturing cities in wars you didn't start, some score points for achieving a victory and a restart button that preserves your game setup.

16. Eagle Pursuit

I'm okay with the warmonger penalty for taking cities applying equally. It adds value to pillaging and returning cities at peace.

If you are tricking the AI into attacking you so you can take cities, that's kind of exploitative, and aggression in its own right.

17. Kyro

Kyro Prince

My gut feeling tells me Firaxis is going to pull a stunt with Singapore as a civilization given that:

a: There seems to be a trend of unpredictability given that a few surprisingly unlikely and new civilizations have made it into the game. As far as new goes Singapore has never been featured as a Civilization before.

b: Singapore has been likened to a modern-day Venice and it would make a good twist.

c: Singapore is no longer a City State in Civ 6.

d: Lee Kuan Yew makes a perfect candidate for a strong leader who leads a Civilization against the odds to prosperity.

Or I could be completely wrong and we have been completely forgotten. Honestly though I don't see how a single city concept could work in Civ 6.

Oh, and No Singapore isn't in China. We're from SEA.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    oedali likes this.
  18. Eagle Pursuit

I think a one-city civ a la Venice would need to have fast border growth, the ability to work a fourth ring of tiles, and double the number of districts per population currently allowed.

19. Kyro

Kyro Prince

That sounds logical but the values need to be even higher to compensate for the lack of cities.

Border expansion limits will have to look ridiculous, maximum of 10 workable tiles' range?

District limitation based on population will have to be removed; multiple districts of the same kind will have to be enabled.

There will have to be multiple build queues.

All these seem pretty far-fetched to me. I'm thinking multiple new mechanics affecting trade routes, diplomacy and city states will probably be invented instead. A completely new district type to facilitate those changes sounds possible.

Again, pure speculation.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  20. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

Even India isn't part of SEA using the current definition, which is basically "east of India, south of China, north of Australia".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.