1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DLC 05 anticipation thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by CivCube, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

Just to add to what Eagle said, if there's a Steam-wide Easter sale this year, they will probably be on sale then.

2. Sansa_Stark

Sansa_Stark Prince

Ok thanks both.

3. Manifold

Manifold ModderProtectionAdvocate

I hope the time of repair and new Civs not everybody needs will end soon.
    And then we can get with dlc 05 new game contend and function like

a railway system, shipping channel, new game ages (age of darkness, age of revolutions), events, naval transportation and warfare, improved diplomacy system....

I would say it would be fair to give the basic contend with the patch and extra contend for enjoyment with a dlc at the same time.

And I miss the worldbuilder with more functions and a bigger brush please:)

4. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

That's more like an expansion than a DLC.

Duuk, c4c6, Leyrann and 3 others like this.
  5. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

I think modern roads have replaced railroads. I don't think they intend for units to move any faster than they already do in game.

6. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

If they ever include railways/railroads in Civ6 they will be linked to some sort of industry or corporations mechanic, transporting around goods and production.

EDIT: Thinking about this more; our British railway was built by private companies initially to create goods; so perhaps the mechanic would allow for you to say select a product like "steel" in one city with a factory and you then select a city (or two cities) that have the a coal resource and a iron resource. Then depending on how many iron and coal you collect provides you with an special amenity resource that has a unique bonus which can be traded to a desired city for the bonus to be applied. For instance 2 iron and 1 coal will create 3 steel. Each steel you have provides +5% production to the city you trade it to; these trade routes and resource tiles will be locked in and cannot be changed unless the a resource or city has destroyed or taken, the resource tiles of which will no longer be available as a 'strategic resource' for you to use normally (as it now belongs to the private company).
    You can trade with other Civs who have the a resource you need in return for sharing some of the final product with one of their cities.
    Railways will not provide a movement bonus to units until 'public transport' is developed.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  7. Zantetsuken

Zantetsuken Chieftain

Quick! Someone get this man a team and some resources!

Roald Amundsen and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  8. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

Heh, thanks for the complement; but at this rate it probably will happen seeing as everything else I want to include in Civ has been. I've wanted to add a modded leader for England that gets bonus housing when settling next coast and all districts get adjacency bonuses from coastal tiles (excluding the harbour/RNDY) however Australia was then announced.
    Then I wanted to make the leader bonus so you get bonus bonus housing settling on the coast (now that I know that I can just copy a bit of Aussie code) and then food and production bonuses to coastal tiles when they are in your empire. Then the last patch came out so harbours give you bonus food and gold.
    Now I predict the Dutch or Vietnam will be the next Civ to be released and will have polders or floating farms because now I've resorted to a leader bonus of +1 production for all coastal tiles, farms can be built on coastal tiles. (However I've yet to actually get my alternative leader mod working because it's my first time modding)

Other possible 'Exports' or 'Produce' (which I'm now dubbing it) could be:

Steel - +5% production in receiving city (2 iron + 1 coal = 3 steel)
    Plaster - +5% production in receiving city (2 gypsum + 1 lake or adjacent river = 3 plaster)
    Wiring - +5 production in receiving city (2 copper + 1 oil = 3 electrics)
    Warm Clothes - +5% growth in receiving Tundra or Snow City (2 sheep or furs or deer + 1 dye = 3 warm clothes)
    Cool Clothes - +5% growth in receiving Desert or Plains cities (2 cotton or silk + 1 dye = 5 cool clothes)
    Jewellery - +10% gold in receiving city (1 silver + 1 diamond = 3 jewellery)
    Chocolate - +5% gold in receiving city (2 cattle + 1 coco = 3 chocolate)
    Confectionery - +5 culture in receiving city (2 sugar + 1 citrus, spices, wheat or cattle = 3 confectionery)
    Fireworks - +5% culture in receiving city (1 niter + 1 forest = 2 fireworks)
    Cider (or beer) - +5% culture in receiving city (2 wheat + 1 lake or adjacent river = 2 cider)
    Sushi - +5% food in receiving city (2 fish + 1 rice = 3 sushi)
    Beef - +5% food in receiving city (2 cattle + 1 salt or spices = 3 beef)
    Mutton - +5% food in receiving city (2 sheep + 1 salt or spices = 3 mutton)
    Venison - +5% food in receiving city (2 deer + 1 salt or spices = 3 venison)
    Cans - +5% food in receiving city (2 aluminium + 1 coal = 5 cans)

Alternatively 'industries' could just be a means of getting new resources, so Steel could be a new strategic resource you need to make or import, Cotton can be made from Sheep, coal can be made from multiple forests, oil can be made from whales and fish, furs can be made from deer, diamonds can be made from coal ect.

9. Piruparka

Piruparka Prince

Any trace yet of a new depot?

10. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

No DLC05 yet, DLC04 for Pear and Linux are still encrypted too.
    I doubt we will see a new deport any time soon, at least for a month. However the earliest they might make one is after the 'Spring Break' holiday in America (I presume there is one, it's currently 'spring half-term' over here in the UK.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  11. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Nope. Since they seem to create depots 1 month in advance, I didn't think we would see one for an April DLC.

Maybe we will see one April 24th or 25th. The real test of my "depots come exactly one month before DLC" theory would be a June DLC. All the Tuesday-Thursday periods in June correspond to weekends in May.

12. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

@AvianBritish Sushi could also be made from crabs as well.

I can add some more:

Latte - +5% culture in receiving city (1 coffee + 2 cattle = 3 latte)
    Breakfast tea - +5% culture in receiving city (1 tea + 2 cattle = 3 breakfast tea)

13. Zuizgond

Zuizgond Prince

I don't get you guys. Are you looking forward to paying another 5$ to get a 25th civ or a new scenario?

14. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Emperor

For a Civ, always :)

bbbt, Flaxitux, DWilson and 2 others like this.
  15. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

If the cost out weighed the benefits, we wouldn't be doing anticipation ;)

Duuk likes this.
  16. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Nope. I don't plan to buy any DLC until it's on sale for at least half off (unless I manage all 100 original steam achievements on my own first, which is quite unlikely). But I love the anticipation and guesswork as to what comes next. :)

17. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

I don't look forward to pay another 5$ for a new Civ, I look forward to paying my first £4 for a new Civ now that we've got our Digital Deluxe Edition Civs.

Siptah likes this.
  18. CivCube

CivCube Feelin' defiant.

It's an interesting point right now for Civ 6. Signs point toward more robust post-release content and support, although we might still be looking at the conservative 2 expansions like the past three games.

19. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

I'm kinda hoping for 3 expansions and continuous patches in between and for a while after.

nzcamel likes this.
  20. The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker Alexander

It's not outside the realm of possibilities, but XP1 and 2 will have to sell really well first, before the 2K corporate bigwigs would green light a third.

I really wish they'd look to how Paradox has kept people interested in Crusader Kings II with a steady stream of DLC, expansions and development diaries since its launch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.