1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

DLC 6 Anticipation Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, Jul 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

This is the official anticipation thread for DLC 6. This post will be used as a repository for current information about DLC 6.

Recent Steam DB Updates:

August 28th, 10:55am EDT, 2kqa_d updated with both DLC06 and Civ GH
    September 1st, 11:15am EDT, 2kqa_a updated (same as above)
    September 8th, 2:45pm EDT, 2kqa_h updated containing Civ GH (but not DLC06)
    September 11th, 9:30am EDT, 2kqa_g updated containing Civ GH (but not DLC06)
    September 11th, 4:30pm EDT, 2kqa_g updated again, now with DLC06
    September 12th, 9:50am EDT, 2kqa_g and 2kqa_h updated with Civ GH and DLC06
    September 15th, 11:45am EDT and 3:35pm EDT, 2kqa_b updated with DLC06 and Civ GH
    September 18th, 5pm EDT, 2kqa_c updated with DLC06 and Civ GH
    September 26th, 2:30pm EDT, 2kqa_d updated, no changes for Civ GH on this one
    September 28th, 5:45pm EDT, 2kqa_a updated, no changes for Civ GH
    October 2nd, 2:50pm EDT, 2kqa_b updated, no changes for Civ GH
    October 3rd, 5:10pm EDT, 2kqa_c updated, no changes for Civ GH
    October 5th, 4:25pm EDT, 2kqa_d updated, same as above
    October 5th, 5pm EDT, 2kqa_h updated, changes to DLC06 and Civ GH depots
    October 6th, 11:30am EDT, 10 achievements added
    October 6th, 3pm EDT, 2kqa_a updated, no change for Civ GH
    October 10th, 1:55pm and 2:30pm EDT, 2kqa_b updated, no change for Civ GH
    October 11th, 4:15pm EDT, 2kqa_c updated, no change for Civ GH
    October 12th, 2:55pm and 5:15pm EDT, 2kqa_d updated, no change for Civ GH
    October 12th, 5:45pm EDT, 2kqa_a updated, no changes for Civ GH
    October 13th, 12pm EDT, 2kqa_b updated, no changes for Civ GH
    October 13th, 11pm EDT, 2kqa_c updated, no changes for Civ GH
    October 13th, 11:30pm EDT, 2kqa_d updated, no changes for Civ GH
    October 18th, 2:30pm EDT, 2kqa_a updated, Aztecs got a change

Estimated Release Date:

Currently predicting October 19th.

Contents:

Game file delves by @GonzaHerMeg have revealed there to be two civs:
    Indonesia, led by Queen Gitarja
    Khmer, led by Jayavarman VII

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  2. bite

bite Moderator Moderator

Quick Questions

What is the DLC going to be about: Probably going to be South East Asia based on Firaxis communications about the DE

What is the DLC going to contain: I will contain either 'Two unique civilizations', '1 unique civilization + 1 new leader for an existing Civ' or '1 new Civilization with 2 leaders'

When is the DLC coming out: Simply We Do Not Know, The post above will continue to be updated with what we know.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  3. Eagle Pursuit

Updated the new First Post.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    Jewelrunna, Duuk, Benzombie and 13 others like this.
  4. Katakanja

Katakanja Chieftain

Indonesia hype time. Let's go!! :cool:

5. bbbt

bbbt Chieftain

Releasing it on the one year of Civ 6 seems appropriate.

Hawke9 and nzcamel like this.
  6. Zelda1983

Zelda1983 Chieftain

Some good news.

Lets hope the next DLC 6 includes a hotfix for DLC 5.

7. ggalindo001

ggalindo001 Chieftain

Eagle -- I think you are right on timing. Likely a mid-late October release. Wild speculation here, but probably will also likely be an announcement of an expansion for Summer 18. No real business incentive at this point to add additional DLC before a first expansion given that many that got the digital deluxe will have received everything for no additional cost.

Bigger questions around this will be a fall patch and what is likely going to be patched. Would anticipate minor changes at this point. I'm convinced that some of the patch issues with the Summer patch are trying to manage with a likely expansion. This would give the game 9 solid months (October-July 18) to get game files aligned with a new expansion -- with likely no additional patches until then.

8. Futumch

Futumch Calm as a Coma

Well if a first anniversary DLC is some sort of a guide, we're looking at the 3rd week of October. That's roughly 8 weeks from the time of this post (29/Aug/2017).

I've been most slack lately, I haven't even completed my game as Nubia yet.

9. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Chieftain

I wouldn't be all that surprised about the expansion being announced (but I think it will come in the fall since Firaxis loves to release their big products there). That being said, I would still think we are going to see a couple DLC between now and then (maybe a winter, spring, and summer update/DLC).

10. Eagle Pursuit

I don't think they will be announcing an expansion this far in advance, but I do think one will arrive next summer. I think it will be announced in the spring. I also agree that this is the end of DLC for now.

Hopefully, they shore up the problems they introduced in the last two patches. I will be happy to wait till the expansion for further AI and UI improvements if they can just smash the bugs. Whatever needs to be done to prepare the base game with the expansion will probably be done by a patch on the release day of the expansion.

nzcamel and comatosedragon like this.
  11. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

So here is my guess for a themed pack, since I don't think Indonesia will have 2 leaders. I also don't know which of the current civs would be the best to interact with Indonesia so that a 2nd leader for this civ seems likely. Did a Chinese or Indian ruler have a special relationship with them? So I think we'll see a themed pack.

new civ: Indonesia
    leader: Gajah Mada

new leader: Churchill

Phoenix1595 likes this.
  12. Eagle Pursuit

The announcement text about "2 civ packs with 3 leaders representing SEA and Africa" implies that whatever the third leader or civ is, it will be from SEA. And since we do not currently have an SEA civ, it would have to be two leaders from Indonesia, or Indonesia + another SEA civ.

13. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Ah, thanks for reminding me. I forgot the wording. So how likely would Indonesia get the Greece treatment and get a Majapahit and a Srivijaya ruler? Your source didn't tell you anything besides Indonesia is included, right?

14. Eagle Pursuit

Correct. All I have is the civ. Lacking any indicators, I would say it's a 60% chance of two civs and a 40% chance of two leaders.

nzcamel and Siptah like this.
  15. Cerilis

Cerilis Warlord

Why Churchill though? Thats not the first time I have heard him in that context.

16. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

It's a Prime Minister DLC, both shared this title (at least in translation). Not the strongest tie. I don't think the British meddled a lot in Indonesia or have some special relations. If it would be tied to a European power, it would be the Dutch. But this civ is not in the game yet and its ruler would not be from SEA anyway.

17. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Chieftain

Let the speculation begin! I have awoken from my Game of Thrones-induced slumber.

Best bet: Indonesia (based on our previous DLC Anticipation thread)
    Possible: Vietnam (we didn't expect Nubia to come out, so best to watch out for this one as well)
    Plausible: Thailand/Siam (they might revive a previous civ)
    Not likely: Pagan (Burma) (but who knows?)

18. Eagle Pursuit

For a second civ, I would bet Khmer. They formed by rebelling against the Srivajaya and proceeded to compete against them with the help of the Chola. So there's a connection and a possible scenario theme right there. Plus, Khmer is a fan favorite since Civ IV. They would earn goodwill with that choice.

I would still prefer Vietnam.

19. gfeier

gfeier Chieftain

The DLC 5 Anticipation thread had 4060 replies. It was a long time coming, so I don't think we'll see that many here, but, who knows. I would expect at least 2K.

20. Eagle Pursuit

We held off on unlocking the thread till now so it wouldn't become so monstrous. But regardless, I own the OP and will update it with new information as it becomes available this time, so it won't be as difficult for lurkers or visitors to find what they seek.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.