DLC 6 Anticipation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very satisfied with the value of my digital deluxe pre-buy. I'm hoping they will do something similar with a pre-buy option for the expansion that will include a certain number of DLCs that are released afterwards.
I'm also very satisfied with the DDE even before they announced a further 2 more! With the First expansion I'm sure they will only give away the first DLC after for free if any at all; no more then 1 free DLC for preordering.

More DDE's for the expansions would be fine, so long as Greenman gaming keeps offering preorder discounts that makes them the same price as the normal version :mischief:

they seem to be allergic to map packs this time

Of course, with Civ VI a map pack wouldn't actually be so bad at this point (post-deluxe DLC's as an extra, I mean). They were meh for Civ V because there were like 20 map scripts just with the base game, Civ VI barely has more than half a dozen :(. I'd pay a similar price to the Vikings DLC for a decent (8-10) selection of map scripts. They wouldn't need to be anything special either, just variations on the Civ V ones. Stuff like sandstorm, amazon and great plains were quite fun when you wanted a change from normal maps. That Donut script that came in one of the Civ V map packs that you could customize the interior terrain of the donut was interesting too, and IIRC there's someone else here who keeps saying they would like Terra back as well?

More DDE's for the expansions would be fine, so long as Greenman gaming keeps offering preorder discounts that makes them the same price as the normal version :mischief:

Of course, with Civ VI a map pack wouldn't actually be so bad at this point (post-deluxe DLC's as an extra, I mean). They were meh for Civ V because there were like 20 map scripts just with the base game, Civ VI barely has more than half a dozen :(. I'd pay a similar price to the Vikings DLC for a decent (8-10) selection of map scripts. They wouldn't need to be anything special either, just variations on the Civ V ones. Stuff like sandstorm, amazon and great plains were quite fun when you wanted a change from normal maps. That Donut script that came in one of the Civ V map packs that you could customize the interior terrain of the donut was interesting too, and IIRC there's someone else here who keeps saying they would like Terra back as well?
I'm very happy that every DLC contains a civ, a wonder and a scenario. This is good content and I like all 3. I just wish they would add a map as well with each civ. But I'd welcome a map pack.

I would be annoyed if the Terra map script were stuck in a pack with 9 other scripts I don't want. I would prefer it to be bundled with a thematically appropriate civ or alt-leader.

I would be annoyed if the Terra map script were stuck in a pack with 9 other scripts I don't want. I would prefer it to be bundled with a thematically appropriate civ or alt-leader.

Well, if Firaxis wanted to interact with their community more, they could hold a poll to see what map scripts everyone would like to see, and then assemble a pack of the most popular ones. Could you at least tolerate having Terra bundled in with others if you knew it was a pack that had something for everyone? :p

Of course this imaginary poll situation will never happen anyway, because its Firaxis we're talking about, but we can dream :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually do come out with two map-packs: one of real world TSL locations, and one of things like Terra/Donut and the like. They would hopefully include some maps in an expansion as well.

I do agree it would be better to have maps in with themed-DLC. I.e. they could've added a TSL 'Europe' map in with Poland or the Viking pack (or maybe a 'Northern Europe/North Seas' one there), an Ancient world/Mesopotamia ones with Persia/Macedon, etc. Granted, South Seas would be a little sparse for TSL for the Australia DLC, but they could've just added 'Scrambled Australia' in as a map with the DLC - they basically have the map script already for the scenario.

Civ 5 opened with a bunch of real-world ones (but not TSL at all), and I'm not surprised those didn't sell well. At least for me, playing real-world maps with random civs doesn't have much appeal. I'd prefer either thematically appropriate civs, or just random maps.

Hmmm, I wonder which leader that could possibly be? Maybe somebody who showed up on a leader board but has yet to be released? :think:

Hmmm, I wonder which leader that could possibly be? Maybe somebody who showed up on a leader board but has yet to be released? :think:
nixon of georgia

Who's hoping there will be at least three Expansions? I prefer expansions to DLCs
Honestly I wouldn't mind three expansions if only because there are so many civs I want to see that even the semi-optimistic 50 requires some heavy sacrifices. I kinda think it's unlikely though, especially since it means that any future game would have to compete with Civ 6 + 3 expansions.

Provided that they release additional civ DLCs after the expansion. They only did a few map packs after they started making expansions for Civ V, but they seem to be allergic to map packs this time (good!). They have not said if they will act the same way for Civ VI or not.
I for one would welcome some map packs. I loved the Scrambled Continents and Scrambled Nations map packs for Civ5, and I'd love something similar for Civ6. Especially since the current Earth map is appalling: too small and hideously inaccurate. Not even "inaccurate to make it more usable": just plain old fashioned inaccurate. :(

Provided that they release additional civ DLCs after the expansion. They only did a few map packs after they started making expansions for Civ V, but they seem to be allergic to map packs this time (good!). They have not said if they will act the same way for Civ VI or not.
I think they will this time around. I think they planned on last time, but with the big shakeup in the dev team things got lost in the shuffle. I believe every step of this game was designed to be supplemented with DLC even if that DLC is simply new leaders.

If they want to provide a Terra map in a DLC, they'd better release it *soon*, because YnAMP is going to beat them.

If they want to provide a Terra map in a DLC, they'd better release it *soon*, because YnAMP is going to beat them.
YnAMP's version of the Terra maps, as you have seen, resemble the Earth in some way.

It would be interesting to see Terra maps not obviously resembling the Earth's continental layout.

whow stop.
how went this thread from "maybe Indonesia" to "my top 9 civs for an expansion"?
did I miss out on something? :crazyeye:

A lot of people missed Zaarin saying that he made a separate thread for that.

Moderator Action: Numerous "civs for an expansion" posts moved to the thread Zaarin opened on that topic: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/civ6s-first-expansion-who-would-you-include.622598. Please use that thread for such speculation/wish-lists, and keep this thread focused on DLC 6. Thanks.

There were actually 4 updates last week. I imagine that there will be another today.

The lack of midweek updates this week puts any latent hope of a September release to bed, I would say.

I'm not sure what people would expect. The last one like just came out.

I'm still convinced we'll see some tales of alternate history videos before again. Those should start at least two weeks before release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom