DLC 6 Anticipation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Netherlands doesn't fall within the purview of Southeast Asia, which is the focus of this DLC.

The Dutch were the first European power to discover Australia & New Zealand / Terra Australis Incognita. If only the Magellan expedition had gone a tad further South, they would have been. They also actively took control of many of the trade routes and spice islands from Spain/Portugal either forcibly or through negotiation with the local rulers. The ever tempting yearly Spanish Manila treasure fleet was a worthwhile target along with India and Indonesia which they settled and defended extensively 1603 to 1825.

The Dutch were the first European power to discover Australia & New Zealand / Terra Australis Incognita. If only the Magellan expedition had gone a tad further South, they would have been. They also actively took control of many of the trade routes and spice islands from Spain/Portugal either forcibly or through negotiation with the local rulers. The ever tempting yearly Spanish Manila treasure fleet was a worthwhile target along with India and Indonesia which they settled and defended extensively 1603 to 1825.

The wording of the announcement said that DLC05 and 06 would be two Civ + scenario packs with a total of three leaders that represent Africa and Southeast Asia. If they were to place a European colonizer in as a representative of SEA, that would be maximum eurocentric bullcrap.

Thailand or India or China seem to make sense. I think I'm leaning to wanting another Indian leader

The wording of the announcement said that DLC05 and 06 would be two Civ + scenario packs with a total of three leaders that represent Africa and Southeast Asia. If they were to place a European colonizer in as a representative of SEA, that would be maximum eurocentric bullcrap.
Eeh, as long as their (Dutch) mechanics as a civ are nice, i wouldnt care.

DLC06 might be the following:

•Vietnam under the Trung Sisters
•Malaysia and Indonesia
•Indonesia and an alt leader for India (very likely a Mughal leader)
•Indonesia and an alt leader for China (very likely Yongle)
•Siam and Khmer

2kqa_a updated. No update for Civ GH on this one.

Op updated.

I'm starting to doubt that Civ GH is coming out with DLC06 since it appears to be testing separately.

Last edited:
So many updates lately

It means that DLC06 is going to be released really soon!
I'd love to see it coming soon!

Who do you think will lead Indonesia in this game? Will Gajah Mada return, or do you think Firaxis will choose someone else this time?

Soon is of course relative. The word soon when it comes to Firaxis can be a little abstract and yes it is also quite subjective.

I'd love to see it coming soon!

Who do you think will lead Indonesia in this game? Will Gajah Mada return, or do you think Firaxis will choose someone else this time?

I say 50/50. Either Gajah Mada returns or someone new is chosen. Or maybe Indonesia will have two leaders (Gajah Mada, new person).

I'm afraid that my SEA history is quite limited, could someone give us some examples of other good leaders for an Indonesian Civ?

I for one hope it's not two Indonesian leaders. A new leader for India would be nice; I'd also be ecstatic to see Siam return, however unlikely that may be. I'd be okay with Vietnam--once Korea is inevitably added that would make Civ6 the first incarnation of Civ to feature the entire Sinosphere. (Well, minus Tibet, which sometimes is and sometimes is not considered part of the Sinosphere because politics. :p )

what if they (Firaxis) saw that we knew about Indonesia ahead of time, saved it for an expansion and are now adding another different SE asia civ. Also waiting for that guy who announced his idea that it was Nubia moments before it was confirmed?

Last edited:
DLC06 might be the following:

•Vietnam under the Trung Sisters
•Malaysia and Indonesia
•Indonesia and an alt leader for India (very likely a Mughal leader)
•Indonesia and an alt leader for China (very likely Yongle)
•Siam and Khmer
Or Indonesia and Khmer, which is what I'm hoping for.

I'm gonna set my expectations low though and assume we're getting just 1 civ and then an alt leader for either that new civ or another pre-existing one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom