DLC 6 Anticipation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I think we will get in order of likeliness (my own thoughts I have no inside info)

1) Indonesia plus one other SEA Civ like Vietnam, Siam, or Khmer
2) Two leaders for Indonesia
3) Indonesia plus a second leader for a nearby Asian civ like India or China (could see a scenario with either involved)
4) Indonesia plus another civ outside of Asia like the Dutch
5) Indonesia plus a leader for another civ outside of Asia

I am curious why Steam achievements are numbered like this:
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_6_26
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_6_27
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_6_28
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_6_29
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_6_30
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_6_31

then

NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_7_0
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_7_1
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_7_2
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_7_3

the first six achievements are named under DLC06 obviously, while the last four are named under "7". What else might be lurking there?

I am curious why Steam achievements are numbered like this:
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_6_26
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_6_27
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_6_28
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_6_29
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_6_30
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_6_31

then

NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_7_0
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_7_1
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_7_2
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_7_3

the first six achievements are named under DLC06 obviously, while the last four are named under "7". What else might be lurking there?

If you look at the whole thing, they all look like this:

DLC6_ACHIEVEMENT_01 NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_6_26
NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_DESC_6_26

Programmers think in base 2, and start counting at 0. I should know. I'm guessing there are 32 elements per group, although I have no idea exactly why that would be. Perhaps they just picked a nice round number (2^5).

I know we are all now super hyped for DLC06 but I just thought of another GH acronym: Goulish Halloween.

Now I don’t know if that is how you spell the Gouls, because I can't seem to find the correct spelling anywhere but I'm sure there were ancient raiders called the gouls? There was also a black and white coloured mod for them in Civ5.

Either way if GH is ready for release and DLC06 is coming out a little earlier this month then GH might come out around Halloween and the H in the name might represent that.

I know we are all now super hyped for DLC06 but I just thought of another GH acronym: Goulish Halloween.

Now I don’t know if that is how you spell the Gouls, because I can't seem to find the correct spelling anywhere but I'm sure there were ancient raiders called the gouls? There was also a black and white coloured mod for them in Civ5.

Either way if GH is ready for release and DLC06 is coming out a little earlier this month then GH might come out around Halloween and the H in the name might represent that.
Ghoul. ;)

How comes I can't find anything about the Ghouls on the internet? Were they real? I can only find websites talking about monsters; either way do you guys think that GH could be out for the end of the month?

How comes I can't find anything about the Ghouls on the internet? Were they real? I can only find websites talking about monsters; either way do you guys think that GH could be out for the end of the month?

Ghouls are humans that cannibalize corpses stolen from graveyards until they lose all humanity.

It could be the source of the legend. Also consider the wendigos of First Nation legends.
Except the wendigo phenomenon was a case of culture-bound schizophrenia in which the sufferer thought he was a cannibal. Wendigo is also the most recent album by Penny & Sparrow. :D

Except the wendigo phenomenon was a case of culture-bound schizophrenia in which the sufferer thought he was a cannibal. Wendigo is also the most recent album by Penny & Sparrow. :D

Wendigo vs. Sasquatch (and the Hulk) is one of the greatest comic book fights of all time.

Programmers think in base 2, and start counting at 0. I should know. I'm guessing there are 32 elements per group, although I have no idea exactly why that would be. Perhaps they just picked a nice round number (2^5).

That's actually how Steam does it. I'm a game dev and our game's achievements on steam are 1/0-1/31, then 2/0-2/31, etc... So for whatever reason Steam decided to use a base-32 system for their achievement names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom