1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DLC 6 Anticipation Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, Jul 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haig

Haig Deity

Does the amount of new achievements point to one or two new civs? How was it with Persia+Macedon pack ?

2. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

4 may announcement tells us that there will be 2 more leaders. At least one of those 2 is a Southeast Asia civ.
    I beleave the name for the nation from Southeast asia is already leaked before the launch of civ 5 on civfanatics. But we will see soon enough on the first look video`s that will likely hit in the next 2 weeks.

3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

DLC03 through 05 have all had 10 achievements regardless of the number of civs present. This one has 10 achievements as well.

Point of order: DLC02 (Poland) had 7 achievements.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  4. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

I'm not expecting two entirely new Civs. Either the second leader is an alternate one for the SE Asian Civ, or an alternate for a preexisting Civ (like India or China).

5. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Or maybe, instead of alternate Indian leader, it's entirely new Mughal Empire!

However, India needs a second leader. There are so many good choices... Ashoka, Shah Jahan, Akbar the Great, Shivaji, Chandragupta Maurya...
    I wouldn't mind second Chinese leader, too... Yongle, Taizong, Kangxi, Wu Zetian...

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    luigilime, nzcamel and Zaarin like this.
  6. MisterBoomBoom

MisterBoomBoom King

I could very easily see the Dutch added within a scenario, and thus perhaps within the game itself given their significance within the region at such a pivotal point in history. Regarding that as eurocentric bullcrap is a matter of opinion. Considering we have yet to see any significant attempt at Native American Civilizations, or the ever forgotten Arctic cultures I dare say the makers could care less about these types of assessments.

Personally, I think we will see Indonesian in some form with perhaps a wayfaring or pirating ability but certainly, would welcome something different like a Phillipino civ with a caracoa ship and unit with jungle fighting ability.

7. Ivan Hunger

Ivan Hunger King

I hold the opposite opinion. Firaxis isn't interested in making any more alternate leaders. It's a feature they only put into the game to give more options to the mod community. If Firaxis believes that new civs are a bigger draw than alternate leaders, then this policy makes sense from a cost/benefit standpoint, as alternate leaders and brand new civs take the same amount of development resources to create.

The new DLC will be two new civs.

And the upcoming expansion will be ten new civs and maybe one alternate leader, but probably none.

8. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

Eagle Pursuit's powers of deduction are good, but they're not that good. :lol:

RohirrimElf and Siptah like this.
  9. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Deity

... Cara-what? I can't remember such a ship with a name like that in our history, pre-colonial or post-colonial. The jungle-fighting ability I doubt that if anyone is going to construct a Filipino civ. The closest you could get to figures in Philippine history with a jungle fighting ability are the Hukbalahap, which were communist rebels fighting the Japanese when they occupied the country. In terms of our national narrative, we don't honor them as heroes. We nebulously include them in the "resistance fighters against the Japanese" category.

nzcamel likes this.
  10. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Which just shows that just because someone is from somewhere doesn't mean he knows everything about it. Take it easy. It's probably a Spanish term anyway.

MisterBoomBoom and CivLuvah like this.
  11. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

Googling caracoa (also, corcoa) showed me a longship-like vessel.

• n. A large, fast boat used particularly in the southern parts of the Philippine Islands.

MisterBoomBoom likes this.
  12. AessaSH

AessaSH Warlord

In Indonesian, especially the Moluccans, that kind of vessel is known as "Kora-Kora".

MisterBoomBoom likes this.
  13. kul

kul Prince

inb4 we got Rajaraja Chola from India, and Srivijaya as Indonesia, thus, enabling the "Fall of Srivijaya" campaign

14. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly King

Indonesians did the quite remarkable thing of settling Madagascar before mainland Africans!

15. Eagle Pursuit

I think such a scenario would pair Srivajayan Indonesia and Khmer before an Indian leader, as India doesn't fall within the "representative of SEA" announcement language.

I guess I am just a literalist.

16. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

But they did not say that all leaders were representative of Africa and SEA, just that there would be leaders representing those regions.

17. Eagle Pursuit

Here is the direct quote:

nzcamel and Noble Zarkon like this.
  18. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

My bad then. Somehow I've read it like fifteen times and always thought that it only meant that they were represented, while indeed it looks more like only they are represented.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  19. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

I agree with your first interpretation, though it does require reading it in a pretty pedantic way. :p They don't explicitly state either way whether they mean that the new leaders will solely come from SEA and Africa, or whether they mean that amongst the three leaders there will be representatives of the specified regions as well as a wildcard.

IMO its the same kind of vague wiggle room that Firaxis have given themselves as to whether there will be three civs or two civs and an alternate leader. I still think they announced the extra two DLC much earlier than they intended to diffuse the deluxe pricing issue, before they had finalised the precise contents. (Say they had something like leaders X, Y and Z mechanically designed along with Civs A, B and C, but hadn't determined which order to complete the art and animation for them, or vice-versa)

EDIT: Actually, now I remember they had that differently phrased announcement they made on twitter that they then retracted. Didn't it offer up another possible explanation :confused: I can't remember its specifics now, what was it they said?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  20. Eagle Pursuit

I disagree. There's no dissembling or hedging in the sentence. There's no "some of the leaders" or "which may represent" or anything like that. The wording is completely clear and direct. The only way a leader from a civilization not in SEA or Africa is present is if the total quantity of leaders actually exceeds three, because it says there will be three leaders representing civilizations in Africa and SEA.

nzcamel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.