DLC 6 Anticipation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news about the two new civs. I'm so curious when those audio files where added. I would have thought every file would have been scrutinized under a microscope by some of us after the first leaks through the files.

Probably at the same time Nubia was added.

As hyped as I am for the "announcement" of the two returning Civs and new leaders to Civ6; I've also been analysing the last clip of this new video to try and see if they've left any hints at what the Civ6 DLC or Patch might contain.

(I'm not being silly; there is actually a short clip from Civ6 of a Aussie Nuke hitting a city referencing XCOM)

So far the only "change" I can see is Australia's colours have reverted back to gold and green. This might just be an old clip from prior Oz's release where their first look footage was green instead of white; but could it be possible that they have altered their colours back because of clashes with Khmer and/or Indonesia?

As hyped as I am for the "announcement" of the two returning Civs and new leaders to Civ6; I've also been analysing the last clip of this new video to try and see if they've left any hints at what the Civ6 DLC or Patch might contain.

(I'm not being silly; there is actually a short clip of a Aussie Nuke hitting a city referencing XCOM)

So far the only "change" I can see is Australia's colours have reverted back to gold and green. This might just be an old clip from prior Oz's release where their first look footage was green instead of white; but could it be possible that they have altered their colours back because of clashes with Khmer and/or Indonesia?

It's probably from the Australia First Look.

It's probably from the Australia First Look.
...You are entirely right. Looking back at the Aussie First Look video that city was originally named "Adelaide" and then renamed for this video to "Vahlen's Secret Volcano Lair"
But why was that in such an old recording?

EDIT: Actually! This is the same save as the Aussie First Look video but this is in fact a more recent recording! If you look at the mini-map in the First look video you can see that it used the faded colour scheme from before a patch, whilst in the XCOM video it's using the brighter and more vibrant 1:1 colours!

Do colours for leaders/civilizations continue through saves even if there has been updates since the pre-patch save?

Do colours for leaders/civilizations continue through saves even if there has been updates since the pre-patch save?
no, colors are not persistent with saves. i once changed the colors of a civ to my liking (pretty easy to do so) and loaded up the same save over and over again, everytime with different color.

Listening to these vague intros, here are the first two abilities I thought of:

Kmer: "World wonders provide +6 housing." Basically, every wonder you build is also a neighborhood.

Indonesia: "Gain +3 envoys in every city state that shares a body of water with one of your cities." Whenever you make a coastal city or harbor district, you instantly gain the free envoys in any city state you've discovered that's either on the coast of that same body of water or builds a harbor there. For city states you haven't discovered yet, you get the envoys as soon as you discover them.

I could be way off base. These are just off the top of my head.

Hm, I rather enjoy this manner of leak. It gives me exactly the information I want to hear, but still leaves quite a bit of room to speculate excitedly.

And want to hear it I did. While it saddens my heart to know we're probably going another game without Burma, I'm still very glad to see the return of the Khmer, and while Indonesia was expected/10, they were fun to play as in V and it seems they're still shaking things up a little by not using Gajah Mada. Hopefully we can look forward to further information soon.

6 DLC civs so far...

All had a UU - guessing that Indonesia probably getting a quad replacement and Khmer getting a medieval elephant unit.

3 UB and 3 UI

The harbor and aerodrome are the only districts without a UB. I'm thinking the UB will be a lighthouse replacement for Indonesia and Khmer will get a UI.

I am curious to know about a scenario involving both Indonesia and the Khmer.

One of my previous suggestions was about how the Khmer revolted against Srivijayan control over the Mekong River delta and established their kingdom, then eventually brought down Srivijaya with the help of the Chola.

I hope Indonesia will get the ability to immediately embark on coastal waters, so they can (much like real life) create an empire consisting of many islands.

For the Khmer I'm thinking something along the lines of bonus production towards buildings and bonuses to food and religion.

Now with the asians out of the way can we finally go back to the relevant civs and Isabella, please?

Please, please Firaxis, tell me you mention one of these names in her intro screen, so that Sean Bean has to say it...

It would eclipse the majestic pronunciation that is "Ho-Joe Tockey-Moone" :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
I love Sean Bean, but I do wish the voice director would pluck up the courage to correct his pronunciation. I cringe at the introduction of virtually every civilization in the game. :(

Overjoyed to hear the Khmer Empire is making a return! They were up there among some of my top picks for new and returning civs!

So with the Khmer and Indonesia, does this mean we’re likely to get a new beautiful architectural style in the game?!

I am curious to know that since DLC 6 will be released in the coming weeks and there is a general consensus among us all that the first major expansion wont come for another year or so. Then how much content could be released between now and then? Its never a great idea for games like this to keep their fans in the dark for too long. Could there be more Civs, filling up an area in the Americas and Africa? Could there be the odd scenario or world builder?

So with the Khmer and Indonesia, does this mean we’re likely to get a new beautiful architectural style in the game?!

I really hope so, palace wise Khmer and Indonesia would probably get a new shared palace design, I assume it would be based on a mix of Angkor Wat and Borobudur. The cities overall would also have a new regional architectural style since their cultures are not similar to India's or China's designs that are in game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope so, palace wise Khmer and Indonesia would probably get a new shared palace design, I assume it would be based on a mix of Angkor Wat and Borobudur. The cities overall would also have a new regional architectural style since their cultures are not similar to India's or China's designs that are in game.
Not just that, but modders for the Burmese and Siamese civs would finally get a more appropriate palace architecture.

I am curious to know that since DLC 6 will be released in the coming weeks and there is a general consensus among us all that the first major expansion wont come for another year or so. Then how much content could be released between now and then? Its never a great idea for games like this to keep their fans in the dark for too long. Could there be more Civs, filling up an area in the Americas and Africa? Could there be the odd scenario or world builder?

The expansion is probably coming next year. My guess is late spring/early summer with an announcement and hype train starting in March. So it's more like 8-9 months away. I rather doubt they will be putting out any more DLC between now and then as they will want to focus their efforts on the expansion content. However, there might still be one more patch in January or so.

I love Sean Bean, but I do wish the voice director would pluck up the courage to correct his pronunciation. I cringe at the introduction of virtually every civilization in the game. :(

Its possible the voice director in question isn't an expert either, and hasn't been provided with a pronunciation guide (which is pretty low effort, but would be unsurprising given Firaxis's erratic attention to detail). I assume Sean Bean just records his lines in the most conveniently nearby recording studio in the UK, then the recordings are sent to Firaxis. That way they wouldn't necessarily have any direct input into Sean Bean's performance beyond specifying what he says.

The expansion is probably coming next year. My guess is late spring/early summer with an announcement and hype train starting in March. So it's more like 8-9 months away. I rather doubt they will be putting out any more DLC between now and then as they will want to focus their efforts on the expansion content. However, there might still be one more patch in January or so.

I could see another Vikings-style DLC if they wanted to put a little something out to accompany a patch. It would be less time consuming but since we've become habituated to DLCs and Patches appearing together Firaxis might figure its worth their time to maintain that combo.

Two great civs, super excited. Although a small part of me, wished it was Vietnam, but I didn't expect it. Anyone take a shot at why it hasn't been in yet? Just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom