DLC 6 Anticipation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe firaxis really is trying to release the patch on the first year aniversary date. (oktober 20th)

But the game came out the 21st...

Such false hope.. I hadn't checked the forum for hours because of work. Come back to see 5 new pages of posts.

"There HAS to be something worthwhile then!"
* Hype *
Looks at 5 pages of hype
* Sad *

Tamar of georgia guys who would have guessed
I'm not going to lie, that would make me a lot more excited than Indonesia or Khmer. :p Strictly speaking, Central Asia and the Caucasus are also unrepresented... ;) Come to think of it, have we ever had a civ from that region? (I know we haven't from the Caucasus because you have three countries to choose from: Georgia, Armenia, and Azerbaijan. But I mean from Central Asia more broadly...)

I'm not going to lie, that would make me a lot more excited than Indonesia or Khmer. :p Strictly speaking, Central Asia and the Caucasus are also unrepresented... ;) Come to think of it, have we ever had a civ from that region? (I know we haven't from the Caucasus because you have three countries to choose from: Georgia, Armenia, and Azerbaijan. But I mean from Central Asia more broadly...)

Aren't the Huns assumed to be from essentially the Central Asian/Caucasus areas?

Mongol can count as that (that's if Tamerlan was ever in a Civ game, I don't remember even though I had them all).

That was a leak, not a prediction.

Its a bit of both really. Considering we still don't actually know if they are going to call Indonesia Indonesia, you used the leaked information that they were researching the area to predict the identity of the civ :goodjob:

It's so odd reading all these hype posts after the time when the First Look was "supposed" to be released.

Aren't the Huns assumed to be from essentially the Central Asian/Caucasus areas?
The Huns, like most Eurasian steppe riders, were probably multiethnic, but the exact origin of the Huns isn't entirely clear. Leading theories are either Turkic (so yes, Central Asian) or Germanic (so no, not Central Asian). But come to think of it, the Scythians extended into Central Asia, so that answers my question: Central Asia has sort of but not exclusively been represented. :p

Mongol can count as that (that's if Tamerlan was ever in a Civ game, I don't remember even though I had them all).
Haven't the Mongols always been lead by either Genghis or Kublai Khan? That puts them more in East Asian territory.

The Huns, like most Eurasian steppe riders, were probably multiethnic, but the exact origin of the Huns isn't entirely clear. Leading theories are either Turkic (so yes, Central Asian) or Germanic (so no, not Central Asian).

Interesting I didn't realize Germanic was even a possibility for them.

When I was in Ak-Duvorak in southern Russia, the locals claimed Atilla came from there, but I suspect that's a claim of a lot of places in the region ;)

Interesting I didn't realize Germanic was even a possibility for them.

When I was in Ak-Duvorak in southern Russia, the locals claimed Atilla came from there, but I suspect that's a claim of a lot of places in the region ;)
It's not the favored theory anymore, but Attila has been proposed to be an East Germanic root meaning "little father" or some such; Attila also shows up in West and North Germanic legends like the Völsungasaga and the Nibelungenlied.

The Huns originated in the same regions as the Mongolians and moved into the central Asian steppe in the first and second century A.D. By the time they established themselves in East-Central Europe, they were a mix of various ethnicity and loose tribal confederations.

In the fifth century A.D. the infamous Attila united all the Hunnic tribes under his leadership and caused untold trouble for East and West Roman Empires.

During the height of their power, several other tribes were associated with the Hunnic Empire including a number of Germanic tribes such as the Franks, Burgundians and Goths.

Another ethnicity, the Alans, often warred with, or joined with the Huns in raiding or serving as mercenaries for the Romans. The Alans were a group of Iranian-Scythians out of the Caucusus.

I would never trade my beloved Indonesia and Khmer for Georgia in a DLC! :p The Caucasus is an interesting region, but still the most European part of the Middle East now. Georgia seems like more of an Expansion Civ. I was surprised Indonesia and Khmer ended up as DLC civs, but I guess Firaxis wanted to please GamerZakh (if you know who that is, please let me know:D).
I'm sure some Americans would confuse Georgia with Georgia the state. :p

I don't really get sincere desire for Georgia, outside of the meme... I hope they aren't ultimately included, it seems a waste of a valuable spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom