1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

DLC 6 Anticipation Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, Jul 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

@Eagle Pursuit, so when is the next likeliest date for the First Look video? The 17th?

2. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Chieftain

Maybe firaxis really is trying to release the patch on the first year aniversary date. (oktober 20th)

3. V. Soma

V. Soma CFC Staff

20th is Friday, so it seems likely so...

RohirrimElf likes this.
  4. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

But the game came out the 21st...

Katakanja, ferretbacon and Inlex like this.
  5. Inlex

Inlex Chieftain

Such false hope.. I hadn't checked the forum for hours because of work. Come back to see 5 new pages of posts.

"There HAS to be something worthwhile then!"
    * Hype *
    Looks at 5 pages of hype
    * Sad *

6. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

I'm not going to lie, that would make me a lot more excited than Indonesia or Khmer. :p Strictly speaking, Central Asia and the Caucasus are also unrepresented... ;) Come to think of it, have we ever had a civ from that region? (I know we haven't from the Caucasus because you have three countries to choose from: Georgia, Armenia, and Azerbaijan. But I mean from Central Asia more broadly...)

7. bbbt

bbbt Chieftain

Aren't the Huns assumed to be from essentially the Central Asian/Caucasus areas?

8. Rosty K

Rosty K Chieftain

Mongol can count as that (that's if Tamerlan was ever in a Civ game, I don't remember even though I had them all).

9. Katakanja

Katakanja Chieftain

Its a bit of both really. Considering we still don't actually know if they are going to call Indonesia Indonesia, you used the leaked information that they were researching the area to predict the identity of the civ :goodjob:

10. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Chieftain

It's so odd reading all these hype posts after the time when the First Look was "supposed" to be released.

11. Ozymandias9891

Ozymandias9891 Chieftain

Is there any chance the the First Look is released at 1:00 PM EDT?

12. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

The Huns, like most Eurasian steppe riders, were probably multiethnic, but the exact origin of the Huns isn't entirely clear. Leading theories are either Turkic (so yes, Central Asian) or Germanic (so no, not Central Asian). But come to think of it, the Scythians extended into Central Asia, so that answers my question: Central Asia has sort of but not exclusively been represented. :p

Haven't the Mongols always been lead by either Genghis or Kublai Khan? That puts them more in East Asian territory.

13. bbbt

bbbt Chieftain

Interesting I didn't realize Germanic was even a possibility for them.

When I was in Ak-Duvorak in southern Russia, the locals claimed Atilla came from there, but I suspect that's a claim of a lot of places in the region ;)

14. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

It's not the favored theory anymore, but Attila has been proposed to be an East Germanic root meaning "little father" or some such; Attila also shows up in West and North Germanic legends like the Völsungasaga and the Nibelungenlied.

bbbt likes this.
  15. Rosty K

Rosty K Chieftain

Well, he was quite a notable figure of the time, so that's not surprising at all :D

Zaarin likes this.
  16. Karpius

Karpius Chieftain

The Huns originated in the same regions as the Mongolians and moved into the central Asian steppe in the first and second century A.D. By the time they established themselves in East-Central Europe, they were a mix of various ethnicity and loose tribal confederations.

In the fifth century A.D. the infamous Attila united all the Hunnic tribes under his leadership and caused untold trouble for East and West Roman Empires.

During the height of their power, several other tribes were associated with the Hunnic Empire including a number of Germanic tribes such as the Franks, Burgundians and Goths.

Another ethnicity, the Alans, often warred with, or joined with the Huns in raiding or serving as mercenaries for the Romans. The Alans were a group of Iranian-Scythians out of the Caucusus.

17. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

There is a thing I didn't consider. As Sarah is the new Marketing Manager, she may have altered the way the FL videos are released. They may even have them both at the same time.

CPWimmer, agonistes, Zaarin and 6 others like this.
  18. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

2kqa_d updated. No Civ GH updates, as usual.

Op updated.

Zaarin and RohirrimElf like this.
  19. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

I would never trade my beloved Indonesia and Khmer for Georgia in a DLC! :p The Caucasus is an interesting region, but still the most European part of the Middle East now. Georgia seems like more of an Expansion Civ. I was surprised Indonesia and Khmer ended up as DLC civs, but I guess Firaxis wanted to please GamerZakh (if you know who that is, please let me know:D).
    I'm sure some Americans would confuse Georgia with Georgia the state. :p

20. DWilson

DWilson Chieftain

I don't really get sincere desire for Georgia, outside of the meme... I hope they aren't ultimately included, it seems a waste of a valuable spot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.