DLC 6 Anticipation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, get a load of this "I liked X before it was cool" guy :mischief:

Well, he did want to have Nubia the last time and it was totally unexpected that it was the first DLC civ introduced while we are all speculating the South-east Asian civ. Am I right @Zaarin ?

Having read up on the leaked leaders, I'm really happy with the selection. I sometimes feel like civ VI was done for me: it has my favorite missing civs (Scythia, Nubia) and I like all leaders very much (except Gorgo). It seems so much better than civ V's approach of taking the first name that comes to mind. Yay for the dev team!

Having read up on the leaked leaders, I'm really happy with the selection. I sometimes feel like civ VI was done for me: it has my favorite missing civs (Scythia, Nubia) and I like all leaders very much (except Gorgo). It seems so much better than civ V's approach of taking the first name that comes to mind. Yay for the dev team!

I don't care much for Cleopatra and Tomyris. :p I would rather have Hatshepsut instead of Cleopatra. Not sure about a suitable alternate leader for Scythia. I get the feeling Tomyris was a fiction of the ancient Greeks, because of conflicting accounts of Cyrus the Great's death.

2kqa_a updates 4 mins ago

3 updates in 3 hours... are they trying to go live tonight possibly?

I don't think they'd be updating the qa builds for go live - I presume it's last minute changes/fixes by the devs for the QA (including 2k QA located not in Baltimore) team to test tomorrow (and this afternoon in Cali for 2k). I can't say 100% though.

That's why I'm wondering if they are still racing to fix some last minute bugs, and there hasn't been an official 'okay we'll go live on this date' from 2k yet. Who knows though, I'm just making vague guesses at how they work.

I don't think they'd be updating the qa builds for go live - I presume it's last minute changes/fixes by the devs for the QA (including 2k QA located not in Baltimore) team to test tomorrow (and this afternoon in Cali for 2k). I can't say 100% though.

That's why I'm wondering if they are still racing to fix some last minute bugs, and there hasn't been an official 'okay we'll go live on this date' from 2k yet. Who knows though, I'm just making vague guesses at how they work.
I'm pretty sure I have seen them update a QA build only hours before going live. They could be chit chatting on the phones or whatever together and just throwing up new builds to try somehting and using steam as the transport vessel. It would make since to an extent but I dont know. I know its getting close bc I am still trying to finish up my game.

Slightly off topic but patch related... Have most of you guys bought the DLC's? I have not as I refuse to give them any more of my money until they start getting the game to a good state. With that being said this game I'm in right now is on prince and its a stalemate with me and Japan. The issue is after 2 wars he has just given me cities for peace. I feel giving cities might be valued incorrectly.

I'm pretty sure I have seen them update a QA build only hours before going live. They could be chit chatting on the phones or whatever together and just throwing up new builds to try somehting and using steam as the transport vessel. It would make since to an extent but I dont know. I know its getting close bc I am still trying to finish up my game.

Slightly off topic but patch related... Have most of you guys bought the DLC's? I have not as I refuse to give them any more of my money until they start getting the game to a good state. With that being said this game I'm in right now is on prince and its a stalemate with me and Japan. The issue is after 2 wars he has just given me cities for peace. I feel giving cities might be valued incorrectly.

I bought all of the DLCs so far. Should I feel ashamed? I couldn't wait to play as the Civs, even Australia. :p

Yeah, it may well be, I'm just making an assumption based on what I'd usually guess QA builds are for.

I bought the digital deluxe, and honestly, I have no regrets on that front. The game has it's issues, but in terms of hours enjoyed (even just so far) versus price spent, it's been a good value compared to a lot of things I've spent money on (even a lot of my steam library in that sense!)

Civs giving you the farm in peace deals has been an issue since the beginning, and I gather it got worse with the last patch. I think it's partly them undervaluing, and I suspect them being unable to handle war weariness and that causing them to overcompensate when it doesn't look like they are losing that badly.

Well, he did want to have Nubia the last time and it was totally unexpected that it was the first DLC civ introduced while we are all speculating the South-east Asian civ. Am I right @Zaarin ?
I was and am a huge fan of Nubia's inclusion. :D

I don't care much for Cleopatra and Tomyris. :p I would rather have Hatshepsut instead of Cleopatra. Not sure about a suitable alternate leader for Scythia. I get the feeling Tomyris was a fiction of the ancient Greeks, because of conflicting accounts of Cyrus the Great's death.
I like the idea of Tomyris, but her in-game personality is so obnoxious. And I agree that, if she did exist, she probably didn't kill Cyrus; every other Greek and Persian account of the death of Cyrus says he died in bed of old age--and Herodotus was well-known for his...embellishments.

I bought all of the DLCs so far. Should I feel ashamed? I couldn't wait to play as the Civs, even Australia. :p
Ashamed? No, not at all.

Also how long do you all spend on a game? I play until the 2050 unless I win through some other means or defeated.

Ashamed? No, not at all.

Also how long do you all spend on a game? I play until the 2050 unless I win through some other means or defeated.

I play until I win the game, sometime from 1950 to 2020 AD. I play on Prince though. :p

Ashamed? No, not at all.

I often quit a game once I know I've basically won, unless I'm achievement hunting or have a particular somewhat-OCD empire building I'm doing (i.e. finish filling every museum with themed art/artifacts, setting up a bunch of national parks, filling it a blank part of continent with cities so it looks just so, wiping a particular civ off the face of the earth, etc.). I'll do later era starts and/or give myself a specific 'style' (only 4 cities, only coastal cities, no wonders, etc.) to keep it interesting.

going to be honest I half expected a first look to be live when I woke up this morning

going to be honest I half expected a first look to be live when I woke up this morning
If you could go to sleep/hunt early, that'd be appreciated. Else, we might'n't get one tomorrow.

Get him on a plane to Transylvania, he'll be more comfortable in his natural environment.

Yes, let's send a team down there to hit Bite with a tranquilizer. 2 days out ought to do it.

I am not a vampire, and he if I was doubt you'd catch me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom