DLC 6 Anticipation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Srivijaya occupied the Mekong Delta, and when the locals revolted, they became the Khmer. Perhaps offshoot is not the correct term, but that's how the Khmer connect to Indonesia.

Didn't even realize the Srivijaya's reach expanded that far. I think the whole of medieval Southeast Asian history will be reflected in the scenario (Mongol invasions, Indian influence/trade, Chinese trade, battles between the SE Asian nations). Hopefully, it'll be fun.

I think it is unlikely that we get Borobudur and Angkor Wat in one DLC. That would mean two SEA medieval religious temple wonders. I don't see that happening, even with religious revamp. I think one of those and one natural wonder is more likely.

I think it is unlikely that we get Borobudur and Angkor Wat in one DLC. That would mean two SEA medieval religious temple wonders. I don't see that happening, even with religious revamp. I think one of those and one natural wonder is more likely.

Wasn't Angkor Wat a science wonder in Civ V?

And the Mekong Delta itself could be a natural Wonder. It's an immense ecosystem and source of food for millions of people.

I still think both Angkor Wat and Borobudur appearing in the DLC is still possible. It just makes sense given the Civs. If the Khmer weren't appearing, I would say only Borobudur, but given that they are....
Just because they are religious structures, doesn't mean they have to give a religious bonus.
They only really added Natural Wonders in the Vikings DLC and Australia one I think. Southeast Asia doesn't really have any world famous natural wonders.

What we haven't discussed is what's going to happen with Jakarta. Will the city-state become the capital of Indonesia/Majapahit? Will it simply become a city on their city-list instead, or will they be removed and replaced by another city-state that's given the same suzerain bonus?
I for one, doubt Jakarta would become the capital this time as Firaxis is choosing to be more historically accurate with what cities the leaders ruled from.

Also, I wonder if Gajah Mada would be added as a great person? Maybe as a Great General?

What we haven't discussed is what's going to happen with Jakarta. Will the city-state become the capital of Indonesia/Majapahit? Will it simply become a city on their city-list instead, or will they be removed and replaced by another city-state that's given the same suzerain bonus?
I for one, doubt Jakarta would become the capital this time as Firaxis is choosing to be more historically accurate with what cities the leaders ruled from.

Also, I wonder if Gajah Mada would be added as a great person? Maybe as a Great General?

The Majapahit capital was Trowulan (modern name) or Wilwatikta (ancient name). Jakarta was part of the Sunda Kingdom and one of the few parts of Indonesia and the only part of the island of Java not to fall to Gajah Mada. So they could certainly omit Jakarta from the Indonesian city list if the want to, or rename the city-state to Singapore or Manilla.

Gajah Mada would be a good Great General. Maybe providing a weak luxury resource like some of the later Great Merchants, to reflect his vow not to eat spicy food until he conquered the archipelago.

Last edited:
So they could certainly omit Jakarta from the Indonesian city list if the want to, or rename the city-state to Singapore or Manilla.

I'd like the latter please. I don't want Manila to be at the tail end of the Spanish city name list, since Manila existed as a separate Muslim kingdom before it became the capital of the Spanish East Indies.

They only really added Natural Wonders in the Vikings DLC and Australia one I think. Southeast Asia doesn't really have any world famous natural wonders.
I was looking up for natural wonders from the SEA region. Results from my quick search are the following:
  • Chocolate Hills (Philipinnes)
    Spoiler :
  • Halong Bay (Vietnam)
    Spoiler :
  • Mount Kelimutu (Indonesia)
    Spoiler :
We already had Krakatao (Indonesia) in civ5, which can be an option to as mentioned in posts above me. Aditionally, although from China, but I find Zhangye Danxia Landform also interesting for its unique colorful sight:
Spoiler :

Maybe these are even not the most popular ones. I am not familiar with the region, just presenting some suggestions. But the problem is I think, what benefits new natural wonders should have. If they become to similar with natural wonders already in the game, is there need for additional ones?

I was looking up for natural wonders from the SEA region. Results from my quick search are the following:
  • Chocolate Hills (Philipinnes)
    Spoiler :
  • Halong Bay (Vietnam)
    Spoiler :
  • Mount Kelimutu (Indonesia)
    Spoiler :
We already had Krakatao (Indonesia) in civ5, which can be an option to as mentioned in posts above me. Aditionally, although from China, but I find Zhangye Danxia Landform also interesting for its unique colorful sight:
Spoiler :

Maybe these are even not the most popular ones. I am not familiar with the region, just presenting some suggestions. But the problem is I think, what benefits new natural wonders should have. If they become to similar with natural wonders already in the game, is there need for additional ones?

A selection doesn't have to be famous if it is both beautiful and educational.

Borobudur will surely be a religious wonder, but I do not know Angkor Wat must necessarily be one too. A growth bonus may well serve for Angkor Wat.

It would be very strange if Indonesia and Khmer were added without their most famous structures.
My guess is that the UI if the Khmer will be for extra growth, not the wonder.

There's also Ko Samui in Thailand. Unfortunately, it would be very difficult to depict it without generating complaints.

Why is that so? Something controversial about that island?

Why is that so? Something controversial about that island?
Well... There is a rock called "The Grandfather Rock", and, well... I'll leave a picture in this post.

Grandfather rock.jpg

Well... There is a rock called "The Grandfather Rock", and, well... I'll leave a picture in this post.

View attachment 478829

So does that mean the Chimneys of Cappadocia can't become a Natural Wonder in game? I really want to see those!

What about the supertree groves from Singapore? That's a southeast Asian wonder, would fit in the information era as well.

Here's a video about it:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom