DLC Idea aka Oops we didn't know anyone was home.

ShaggyCan

Warlord
I know the game isn't even out yet, but right away this idea seemed obvious to me (right after the idea that this game would make an amazing base for a truly great DUNE mod). Right now we have the 'Not Barbarian' alien native life forms.
Now wouldn't it be cool if you could set the tech level for the native life forms?
Right now I believe they are at an animal level of intelligence. Wouldn't it be interesting to land on a planet where the natives are at a stone age or lower level of development? How would us humans interact with them? What if they had more tech but were few in numbers? How would we react then?
So in essence we land an oops, there are people already here, but we can't go back.

What do you think?

I know the game isn't even out yet, but right away this idea seemed obvious to me (right after the idea that this game would make an amazing base for a truly great DUNE mod). Right now we have the 'Not Barbarian' alien native life forms.
Now wouldn't it be cool if you could set the tech level for the native life forms?
Right now I believe they are at an animal level of intelligence. Wouldn't it be interesting to land on a planet where the natives are at a stone age or lower level of development? How would us humans interact with them? What if they had more tech but were few in numbers? How would we react then?
So in essence we land an oops, there are people already here, but we can't go back.

What do you think?

I thought about something like that, and I agree that it'll be cool. Maybe it will be a new affinity, in an expansion, of course. It will be called "Adoption" or something like that. The people who believe in adoption think that the next level of humanity is to be gods. But the problem is that they can't be gods of humans like them. They need other lifeforms, and here the victory condition comes. The VC will be quests-based like other VCs, and it will include quests of contact with natives, giving technology and other things. About units, the adoptionist people believe that if they want to be gods, they need to be more similar to their gods. Because of that, their units' wepons will be more similar to the gods' weapons, and maybe they'll have power like the gods' powers!
What do you think?

What do you think?

I'll buy it. VC of elevating a native species to sentience.

Wouldn't it be interesting to land on a planet where the natives are at a stone age or lower level of development? How would us humans interact with them? What if they had more tech but were few in numbers? How would we react then?
What do you think?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarke's_three_laws
3. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

We kill them with advanced technology or they kill us with advanced technology. Two intelligent species on the same planet? Oh, it does not work on Earth... see: war. And stone age or before? Magic and extinction.

Pandora (also a spiritual sequel to AC), a game from another studio that came out earlier by many months, is releasing the "here come the proper owners of the planet" aliens expansion. Look it up if you don't know what I am saying. Please don't say that they stole any ideas from Civ:BE since this game has been our for a good/long time. They are both successors to AC.

That's all I was saying.

Pandora (also a spiritual sequel to AC), a game from another studio that came out earlier by many months, is releasing the "here come the proper owners of the planet" aliens expansion. Look it up if you don't know what I am saying. Please don't say that they stole any ideas from Civ:BE since this game has been our for a good/long time. They are both successors to AC.

That's all I was saying.

I know what it is. I say whay because i thought activity on that game was dead and i couldnt find anything

Eh, what about finding a world full of people that's in modern era? With us becoming the martians in the newly found earth? XD

Eh, what about finding a world full of people that's in modern era? With us becoming the martians in the newly found earth? XD

I think the idea is guidong a pre existing sebtient race and guiding them towards enlightment abd being gods to them. Basically backwards Contact. But i think it kinda sounds like a unique game mode rather than a type of victory

That sounds interesting, but probably not what they have in mind. That would be a different genre that what CIV is going for.

If there is a DLC then I'm sure Alien races would be the first thing on the drawing board.

Top Bottom