DLC Modpack Repository

No. Well, creating a modpack is not that hard, but no easier way.

Don't do this. You should not enable a mod that is already in a modpack, it will cause a lot of problems.

Go into the modpack, in the Mods folder, and take all the mods you don't have yet, put them into your MODS folder, then delete my modpack, and you can enable the mods as usually without using the modpack.
Alternatively, learn how to create your own modpack: https://civ-5-cbp.wikia.com/wiki/Creating_a_Modpack

Thanks for replying! I actually got around to create my own modpack and it was mad easy. It's the mods from your modpack + Enhanced Naval Warfare, Civic and Reform, Reforestation, and some other tweaks.

Multiplayer crash:

Any ideas why the VP constantly, ie, like every few turns, crashes on us. We are playing multiplayer with human friends (3) and AIs (5) on huge map. So game setup does not say "unsupported number of players" (which would be great if we could play with 12-15 AIs in teams of 3).

Anyways, the game crashes on each of us, sometimes onto the leader load screen, sometimes all the way to Stream. Then a few turns it moves forward, and crashes again :/

Any ideas?

Any ideas why the VP constantly, ie, like every few turns, crashes on us. We are playing multiplayer with human friends (3) and AIs (5) on huge map

I was running into this earlier too.

2 human players, 4 (i think) AI, 32 city states, on a huge map.

From memory it would always crash around turn 90ish, guess once enough crap has built up. No way of continuing these games, even loading a few turns back will still crash again.

We'd notice sometimes it would be a particular unit that causes a crash, so wouldn't touch it for a turn or two.

For a guaranteed no crash due to 'game being crappily coded' we found 2 human players, 3 ais, 20 city states, and a Large map size good. Got through an entire game.

We've since upped it to 2 humans, 4 ai, 20 city states on a large map. So far so good at about turn 110..

This game reminds me of Supreme Commander in the dodgy design regard. Fricking awesome multiplayer game thats rendered almost useless by the programming (huge slowdowns).

has anyone managed to find success using a mp modpack with more than 4 players and not CTD or desyncing often?

For a guaranteed no crash due to 'game being crappily coded' we found 2 human players, 3 ais, 20 city states, and a Large map size good. Got through an entire game./QUOTE]

Thanks There is always 3 of us humans, hence the 2 player option is out. Just keep having to be lucky. At least we usually get bored with it when it begins to slow down mid game. None of us is a warmonger.

Make sure everyone has the same DLC folder and has deleted cache before joining the game.

My game has 10 players (3 humans 7 AI) and 20 City States and there aren't any crashes, only desyncs every few turns.

Is it possible to make changes to the CommunityOptions file work in an already made modpack? Any time I try to, it ends up not changing anything.

Change it in the Civ5Units.xml file.

Change it in the Civ5Units.xml file.

I'm assuming the value for the effect I want is the same for both the .xml file and the CommunityOptions file (COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_RESOURCE_REVEAL should be "0" to start with bonus and luxury resources revealed)? If so, still no luck.

Did you delete cache after changing it?

Hello guys! I recently got back into VP and I've been encountering the following load/save-related issue in my LAN sessions with the recent modpacks (we've tried several ones from different users but have come across the same issue in each one):

When we load a saved LAN game, the turn number and year always go back by one step from where we saved and the human players always get an extra turn. So for example, when we save the game at the start of turn 50, the loaded game always goes back to turn 49. In the loaded game, the AI (civs and barbarians) have already made their decisions/movements based on the end of turn 49, but the human players have all the statistics from the start of the original turn 50 plus get to do a whole new turn with all the benefits of that including making progress with research and production for that new turn and all units can move again. So the game gives the human players an extra turn. Even if we decided not to move the units again for fairness, the progress with production and research is automatically added to that "new" turn 49 for the human players but not for the AI players. This creates an imbalance and makes the LAN experience unplayable for us at the moment. This happens each time a save game is loaded.

I remember that in LAN sessions in earlier versions of VP (around 2017) that this kind of error did not occur. Has anyone encountered a similar issue in LAN games with VP modpacks?

It's a side effect when they fixed the "human turn gets skipped when you load a game" bug I guess.

Did you turn the Pitboss option on?

Hello guys! I recently got back into VP and I've been encountering the following load/save-related issue in my LAN sessions with the recent modpacks (we've tried several ones from different users but have come across the same issue in each one):

When we load a saved LAN game, the turn number and year always go back by one step from where we saved and the human players always get an extra turn. So for example, when we save the game at the start of turn 50, the loaded game always goes back to turn 49. In the loaded game, the AI (civs and barbarians) have already made their decisions/movements based on the end of turn 49, but the human players have all the statistics from the start of the original turn 50 plus get to do a whole new turn with all the benefits of that including making progress with research and production for that new turn and all units can move again. So the game gives the human players an extra turn. Even if we decided not to move the units again for fairness, the progress with production and research is automatically added to that "new" turn 49 for the human players but not for the AI players. This creates an imbalance and makes the LAN experience unplayable for us at the moment. This happens each time a save game is loaded.

I remember that in LAN sessions in earlier versions of VP (around 2017) that this kind of error did not occur. Has anyone encountered a similar issue in LAN games with VP modpacks?
Hi, I've opened a bug report here: https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/5104
Could you add some infos from your games on it.
Particularly:
+ Type of turn (simultaneous, hybrid, sequential)
+ Pitboss option checked or not
+ Number of human players, and if they are in the same team or different teams.
+ Any other information that may be linked.

Thanks for the responses so far here and on Github.

Type of turn: we tried both simultaneous and hybrid (not sequential as we're not interested in a "hot-seat" type game at the moment)
Pitboss: we've tried games with both pitboss option checked and unchecked and the error is the same
Number of human players: 2, and we've tried both in the same team and against each other and again the error is the same

Another info regarding this bug:
When we were testing, we could tell directly from the load/save menu whether the bug is part of that particular save or not. We noticed that in the LAN sessions with the mismatched turns, the automatic savegame names suggest that it's turn 5,6,7 etc but the description of the savegame on the left hand side in the load/save menu suggest that it's always one turn less, e.g. 4,5,6, so savegame ..._005 is matched with the description "Turn 4". In single-player sessions, the name of the savegame, e.g. ..._005, corresponds with the description of the savegame on the left hand side of that menu, e.g. "Turn 5".

Regarding Gazebo's comment on Github, we've tried many times and many different variations of saving twice in row, e.g. overwriting the same savegame, creating two separate savegames etc but this does not resolve the problem for us, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Top Bottom