DLC Modpack Repository

Gazebo

Lord of the Community Patch
Supporter
Hey all,

As the old Modpack repository is now out-of-date (and I can't manage it myself), I've decided to have it unstickied and create one of my own. I'll do my best to keep it up to date. This will contain links to working modpacks for the latest version.

If you wish to create a modpack, feel free to post it here and I'll update the main thread when I see it.

Modpack Instructions and Downloads

Introduction:

This is the Community Patch Project by Gazebo as a Modpack.
It's intended for those who want to use the CPP in multiplayer (online and hotseat), but you can also use it in singleplayer to earn achievements in a modded game or as an alternative in case you are encountering any difficulties with the installation/ usage of mods.

How to Install:

Download & unpack.
Copy the included folder 'MP_MODSPACK' to
Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC

How to Uninstall:

Remove the included folder 'MP_MODSPACK' from
Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC

How to Use:

Once the Modpack was copied to the required destination, just start the game, setup a new game (SP, Online MP, Hotseat) as you would in the unmodded Civ5 and play.
No further steps or usage of the Mods-Menu required.

When playing MP, please make sure that all players are using the same version of this modpack.

Download Links:

Magnus Mutatio Modpack collection: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/vp-modpack-magnus-mutatio.639974/

FAQ:

Spoiler :
Q: Can I use other Mods while using this Modpack?
A: This may be possible, but depends on the other mods. It must not be any DLL-mod, and you should also not try to load any of the mods included in this modpack (obviously). Other mods might work, but do it on your own risk.

Q: Is the Community Patch Only-Modpack compatible to the official version of EUI?
A: Yes, but you have to delete the YieldIconManager.lua and xml from
MP_MODSPACK\Mods\Community Patch (v 66)\LUA.

Q: Are there any restrictions for multiplayer?
A: No, as long as everyone is using the same version.

Please post your MP-experiences (everything worked fine? any crashes? desyncs?) into this thread to support Gazebo with sorting out any MP-related issues (if there are any).

Q: Are there any other changes compared to the original CPP?
A: Only those that are required to prevent any issues in MP, like replacing the selection-popups that could currently cause desyncs.

Q: Can I use it on a Mac?
A: Unfortunately not. No matter which method you use (mods menu, modspack), CP and therefore all mods that depend on it won't work on the Mac OS.

Q: Will savegames be compatible among different versions of the CPP (and therefore this modpack)?
A: This depends on the changes that were made, but the general answer is 'No'.
For this reason, previous versions will still be available here for download.

Q: Can I earn achievements while playing with this modpack in singleplayer?
A: Yes, all achievements should be unlockable.

Q: Can I play scenarios as well?
A: No, since the changes from CBP affect the gameplay a lot, trying to play a scenario is nothing else but a shortcut right to your desktop.
Or to make your computer explode. Not fully tested.

Credits:
All credits go to

Last edited:
This is awesome. Is there a possibility of a modpack which only adds the AI & bug improvements and no gameplay changes (I believe this means I only need the Community patch as a modpack? ) ?

You would need to make your own. Not hard to do.
G

No problem. If it's easy enough I can try. Just point me to the required download links so I don't download outdated/wrong files and I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

"How to Install:

Download & unpack.

Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC"

Hi - I know that I'm showing my ignorance, but after I unzip the Vox Populai, do I put the whole folder in the DLC? I don't see a folder call MP_MODSPACK...:( ?

"How to Install:

Download & unpack.
Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC"

Hi - I know that I'm showing my ignorance, but after I unzip the Vox Populai, do I put the whole folder in the DLC? I don't see a folder call MP_MODSPACK...:( ?
Yes you are. Name of the folder doesn't matter

I got a More Luxury issue. More Luxuries weren't appeared. I've seen it before -maybe 43 civs Beta tester thread- and I thought it's solved, but it's not.
I installed 43 civs full VP(1-26) with EUI through auto-installer and didn't modify any directory.

I got a More Luxury issue. More Luxuries weren't appeared. I've seen it before -maybe 43 civs Beta tester thread- and I thought it's solved, but it's not.
I installed 43 civs full VP(1-26) with EUI through auto-installer and didn't modify any directory.
Works for me. Not sure how to help.

Hi Gazebo, is the 01-26 release of Vox Populi available as a (no-EUI) Modspack for multiplayer as well? My friends and I can't wait to test the new tweaks!

Hi Gazebo, is the 01-26 release of Vox Populi available as a (no-EUI) Modspack for multiplayer as well? My friends and I can't wait to test the new tweaks!

I don't make the modpacks, other people do, or you can make your own. They're not too difficult to make but I have enough on my plate managing 6 different versions of the project as-is.

G

Alright, I understand, didn't know that. I'm quite the modding noob myself, so I suppose we'll wait hoping someone else shows up with the Modpack then :mischief:

i'm trying to make a modpack, but i keep getting runtime errors after running civ+mpmpm: http://imgur.com/a/vOusM
could somebody tell me what i'm doing wrong? (following guide from https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/mpmpm-multiplayer-mod-dlc-hack-updated.533238/ here

if i press anything inside game (close in corporations screen for instance) it starts popping up the same error message over and over and over again

If you take the DLL out and load the game, you'll get errors like that. It is fine. You just need to use the firetuner command and ignore those errors. You don't need to click anything in the game once you've got it loaded from the menu. What you are doing is fine.

G

If you take the DLL out and load the game, you'll get errors like that. It is fine. You just need to use the firetuner command and ignore those errors. You don't need to click anything in the game once you've got it loaded from the menu. What you are doing is fine.

G
As for me i usually do not take the dll out and it works fine...

Also i wanted to follow up on latest version: i have now idea what was changed (and from the change log and github it seemed like you didn't change a lot) but settlers seem to work fine! Yet i have to try it together with my friend, but at least when i run MP alone - they work

As for me i usually do not take the dll out and it works fine...

Also i wanted to follow up on latest version: i have now idea what was changed (and from the change log and github it seemed like you didn't change a lot) but settlers seem to work fine! Yet i have to try it together with my friend, but at least when i run MP alone - they work

You are supposed to remove it.

Top Bottom