DLC Modpack Repository

Welcome to the VP forum!

I am pretty sure the Future era (worlds?) is not compatible with VP. And I suspect that the Prehistoric era, even if technically compatible, may not be balanced with VP (e.g. VP has new happiness system). I strongly suggest to first try VP only without any other mods, so that you know what VP does and then if you feel the need to add more mods pick the ones listed as compatible here:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/mods-compatible-with-community-balance-patch-cbp.542679/

Mind you compatible does not necessarily mean recommended and the mods compatible with VP do not have to be compatible with each other.

Thanks very much Vyyt for answering me so fast ! I'll be trying a few combinations and update the page if I make any interesting discovery... And I will try to stand the test of time too : ) ! Enjoy your own Civilization.

hi,

so i found this, i guess its up to date mp vox.

i wonder, basically, the mp_modpack, can be done manually from the regular single player install?
with the MPMPM ?
Yes. Take out the dll in the Community Patch folder while you make the modpack though. You'll have to manually put it in the modpack afterwards (along with ui_bc1 if you decide to use EUI). Anything to do with events won't work, as it causes desyncs.

ok , thanks,
just whats the ui_bc1?

i always turned off events, same as in civ 4.

is it enough to check box in the game settings -"no event system" (something like that) or do i need to turn off all no good events, no bad events and so on?
It's the EUI files that you'll find in your dlc\assets folder if you install the single player EUI version. No need to mess with that while you make a modpack. Just stick it in after it's done if you intend to share it.

Events are automatically disabled, regardless of setting, so don't worry about it. I was only saying that in case you wanted any event mods.

Hey everyone, the last time I played the VP Multiplayer Patch with my two of my friends we had a lot of problems.I tryed the DLC Patch with single Player an everything works fine. With the MP Game we had strange problems like every two rounds ist statet new with the load screen. My friend spans in round two again on a other field on the map, wood disappeared and units form the ai moved to fast. In the round 58 the howl game crashed at every three Computers. Even if we load the Autosave, we never reached the round 59.We played the Patch MP_MODSPACK_VP_3-7 so we try an old one who worked fine in the past ( Vox_Populi_10-9.1_EUI ) but we had the same bugs. Today I remeber there was no event in the whole game.I try the newest mod in a multiplayer game with a huge map and lot of Ai (no human) till the round 32 I had not one load screen or bug. Now I think it was not the mod, it was the Civ 5 server who createtd these bugs. Any ideas how I host the game without the servers or do you have a solution for these problems? It´s too bad that this great patch doesn't work in the MP Game. :-( Thanks for your Ideas and answers.

I haven't tried MP myself yet, but something like what you are describing was happening to someone else in a different thread. Their problem was some minor difference in the game installs on their computers, hence the desyncs every couple of turns. What helped them was a complete reinstall of the Civ5 on all computers involved in the MP game.

And as for the events, I think you cannot have events in a MP game. Good luck!

Thanks for your advice. I have completely delete the game and all the old files including the my documents folder. Than I deboned the Mods in steam. I Install the game after a restart and replace the MP_MODSPACK_VP_3-7 in the DLC Folder. Now I hope next time it will work. Now I have the problem, that the Game don´t find the communitas map? Strange because the Map is included in the Modpack, i found the coomunitas.lua in the folder.

Now I have the problem, that the Game don´t find the communitas map?

This is normal. If I remember correctly, the workaround is to run a single player with Communitas, save the generated map and then load it for MP? Or maybe I am completely off the mark here and someone will correct me :) Try googling in this thread, it surely had been discussed before. Good luck!

The first time I play the VP Mod in Multiplayer I had already installed the Communitas Map as a normal mod. In the game I found two communitas maps. Also we had problems to start the game. Then I delete the map in the mods and we play the communitas dlc map. Now I don´t have any communitas map even in single player. Maybe the map caused all the bugs because in the MP game with my friends we startet always with this map. Thank you for your good idea to safe a map and load for the MP game. :)

Kabubibi said:
it works for me without barbarians. We are now in round 180 and didn't get any desync.

But if we had barbarians it would make much more fun

I use de mp_modpack 3-7, if you play 2 player, you can use barbarian, and ragging barbarian, you get desync normally every 100 turn, if you play 3 player not use raggin barbarian or you get desync every 2 turn, but if you only active barbarian, not raggin barbarian you get desync every 100 turn, we don't know in case of more 3 player xD, sorry for my bad english, we don't try child barbarians, in some case we have desync every 2 turn with this configuration, in that case we restart civ 5 all of we and this fix.

If somebody can i ask please upload mp_modpack 4-21 thank

If I only want to use the "Community Patch" part of this modpack for multiplayer games (i.e. everything improving/changing AI behaviour etc but none of the game balance/mechanic changes), could I get there by simply deleting the following folders from the "Mods" folder of the modspack directory:

(2) Community Balance Overhaul (v 13)
(3) City-State Diplomacy Mod for CBP (v 27)
(4) C4DF - CBP (v 11)
(5) More Luxuries - CBO Edition (5-14b) (v 155)
(6b) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (No-EUI) (v 1)

I would only keep "(1) Community Patch (v 88)" in there. Would that work or do you also have to take into account stuff that's in the "Override" and "UI" folder in such a case? Thanks in advance!

Hi, I've recently downloaded the 3-7 MP-Modpack and a few turns into the game various textures start rendering as black squares. Usually textures like the city state icons, icons for wonders, policies, technologies, even the icon on the main page of civilopedia. Has anyone else experienced this ISS or can someone recommend a good way to troubleshoot it?

Hi, I've recently downloaded the 3-7 MP-Modpack and a few turns into the game various textures start rendering as black squares. Usually textures like the city state icons, icons for wonders, policies, technologies, even the icon on the main page of civilopedia. Has anyone else experienced this ISS or can someone recommend a good way to troubleshoot it?

It works fine for a while until the artifacts start appearing, right? Is your graphic card Nvidia? This is most probably a rare problem happening because of some sort of a memory overload on your graphic card. The problem is more likely to happen if you are using memory-extensive mods.

You can remedy it by lowering some in-game graphic settings - unfortunately I do not remember which one it was - maybe the shadow quality or something antialiasing related. I'd lower everything and then increase various settings step by step until the glitches appear again ) then you will know which option is causing the problem. Then you can increase all the other settings back to your usual levels.

It happened to myself long time ago and then to a few other users as well. If you find out which setting was causing it please do report back. Good luck!

It works fine for a while until the artifacts start appearing, right? Is your graphic card Nvidia? This is most probably a rare problem happening because of some sort of a memory overload on your graphic card. The problem is more likely to happen if you are using memory-extensive mods.

You can remedy it by lowering some in-game graphic settings - unfortunately I do not remember which one it was - maybe the shadow quality or something antialiasing related. I'd lower everything and then increase various settings step by step until the glitches appear again ) then you will know which option is causing the problem. Then you can increase all the other settings back to your usual levels.

It happened to myself long time ago and then to a few other users as well. If you find out which setting was causing it please do report back. Good luck!

That's right, I'm using an Nvidia card (NVS 5400M) and it works for maybe the first 5 or 6 turns usually. This is actually on my laptop so I've got the graphics settings all the way down already, AA off, lowest resolution, etc. :( It seems to happen sooner on larger maps, usually within the first 5 turns on huge. I've seen people suggest unchecking "GPU Texture Decode" on threads about this issue but it's grayed out and checked for me so I can't uncheck it. Any idea how to make it active?

EDIT: I found a way to turn it off but the issue is still happening.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I feel your pain. Are you sure that you are on the lowest settings with everything? I cannot check ingame (and won't be for about an more weeks), but I think it was some option with numbers (1,2,4,8 of something). Or maybe some other settings - it's been 1.5 years since it happened to me. And I have quite a powerful machine, so it seems it's rather a certain combination of hardware than the lack of power itself.

Turns out using DirectX 9 (Instead of 11) fixes it :D

But then the game doesn't run very smooth, does it? I'd try fiddling with the settings more. If it does not help then DX9 is apparently the way to go. Anyway, glad you found a workaround.

Top Bottom