1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DLC will you buy them?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by axiomtk, Dec 1, 2010.

?

Will you buy the DLCs

1. No

238 vote(s)
    88.5%
  2. Only the missin one

10 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Yes I'll buy them all

21 vote(s)
    7.8%
  1. Arsenic Steel

Arsenic Steel Warlord

I am sure I answered a question similar to this poll in another thread. Let me reiterate.

I will not buy DLC for civ that can be done by a mod, even if the mod is barebones. So these maps are out of the question.
    Expansions or no sale.

2. Buccaneer

Buccaneer Deity

No way. Like what others think, I get a free map every time I play Civ. Playing on a known map for a regular game (as oppose to a scenario) is for losers.

3. Surgeon

Surgeon Warlord

random maps are free.

4. 501st Legion

501st Legion Warlord

Releasing new content for a price while there are still major issues in the game is a slap in the face to everyone that bought it.

EDIT: I just checked Steam, and apparently the 4 pre-order maps cost around $9.99. What the hell. I swore I got a brand new campaign with a dozen new units, buildings, and technologies for Empire: Total War or the Lair of the Shadow Broker for Mass Effect 2 at the same price. To add insult to the injury, no one payed extra to get these maps when they preordered CiV.... and now they are charging us to get it :mad:

5. Venereus

Venereus This Is Streamlined!

You bet your behind I ain't buying no stinking DLC. Why hasn't some decision maker at Firaxis/2K been fired yet? Who thought this DLC was a good idea?

6. SuperJay

SuperJay Bending Space and Time

Of course I'm gonna buy me some DLC. Ten bucks is bargain, I spend more than that on coffee. :lol:

7. shadowplay

shadowplay your ad here

Same. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

8. Arsenic Steel

Arsenic Steel Warlord

If this DLC was coffee I would buy it. Which is odd because I don't like coffee.:think:

9. Slayan

Slayan Warlord

No way, not going to happen. The game sucks why would I dump more cash into it if they dont make the base game any better for free

10. firecat318

firecat318 Warlord

No I won't pay for maps when I can just make them in world builder.

11. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

Not these, but I will buy the ones that add new civs

12. mattcrwi

mattcrwi Warlord

I can has patch instead?

13. CivFanaticMan

CivFanaticMan Warlord

why are the selling maps? we could just make them. And Fraxis should realize that no one is going to pay for anything until it makes the game better and adds more flavor.

14. crazymarco

crazymarco Chieftain

[joke] I guess they can earn more if they sell the patch.

15. Elliot

Elliot Warlord

DLC doesn't appear to me to have a market. Only the people who are really into the game will buy the DLC. Those who are fanatics for the game will be aware of mods that copy the DLC in everyway but the graphics. Paying $5 just for a leaderhead that speaks a language you don't understand doesn't sound like a great deal to me.

16. Manamus

Manamus Chieftain

I would gladly pay $20 for a Fall From Heaven DLC. I'd Pre-Order that. Donate money, start a petition, ask my congressman and shoot an Alaskan to get FFH on Civ 5.

Maps: Maps are free.
    Leaders: they are free too.
    Full Civilization Adds: Maybe. Im disapointed I cant play as the Mongols on Multiplayer... nor the Babylonians. Why pay more for solo content? It'd really have to be something special like Celts: Guerrila Warrior Unit, Special Building Grazing Area: +15% food in city, +1 production from horse pastures. Civic Trait: While at war you gain +25% production in all cities that have a military unit garrisoned in them. It'd have to have the awesome Narration and flavor of all the other civilizations. Even then it is still a maybe.

Mods: I'd pay a buck or two for them if they looked polished. A good American Revolution mod or WW1, WW2, 100 years war... anything. As long as its playable from multiple angles and polished and unique.

Please let there be a Fall From Heaven!!!

17. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

No, definitely won't be buying this DLC. It can be easily essentially duplicated for free by creating your own map or downloading one here. Why waste my money?

18. Left Foot

Left Foot Chieftain

No. New civs and new features yes, but maps, hell no.

19. Cordycep

Cordycep Chieftain

Nope.avi Simply because I don't want to reinforce Activision's MW2 model for the Civilization series.

20. usi

usi Shogun

No way.
    I would have bought those to support them if I were more satisfied with the game though...