Will you buy the DLCs

• No

Votes: 238 88.5%
  • Only the missin one

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Yes I'll buy them all

Votes: 21 7.8%

• Total voters
I am sure I answered a question similar to this poll in another thread. Let me reiterate.

I will not buy DLC for civ that can be done by a mod, even if the mod is barebones. So these maps are out of the question.
Expansions or no sale.

No way. Like what others think, I get a free map every time I play Civ. Playing on a known map for a regular game (as oppose to a scenario) is for losers.

Releasing new content for a price while there are still major issues in the game is a slap in the face to everyone that bought it.

EDIT: I just checked Steam, and apparently the 4 pre-order maps cost around $9.99. What the hell. I swore I got a brand new campaign with a dozen new units, buildings, and technologies for Empire: Total War or the Lair of the Shadow Broker for Mass Effect 2 at the same price. To add insult to the injury, no one payed extra to get these maps when they preordered CiV.... and now they are charging us to get it :mad:

You bet your behind I ain't buying no stinking DLC. Why hasn't some decision maker at Firaxis/2K been fired yet? Who thought this DLC was a good idea?

Of course I'm gonna buy me some DLC. Ten bucks is bargain, I spend more than that on coffee. :lol:

Any good company would look at the crap reviews this game has been getting from it's FAN BASE and try to make it up to them by giving us things that would make the game actually playable for FREE.

It increases replayability... This game was NOT worth the original $49.99 it was to purchase... Now tack on $5 for Mesopotamia and $10 for 4 maps... I am NOT going to drop $65 on this stupid game.

Same. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

No way, not going to happen. The game sucks why would I dump more cash into it if they dont make the base game any better for free

why are the selling maps? we could just make them. And Fraxis should realize that no one is going to pay for anything until it makes the game better and adds more flavor.

DLC doesn't appear to me to have a market. Only the people who are really into the game will buy the DLC. Those who are fanatics for the game will be aware of mods that copy the DLC in everyway but the graphics. Paying $5 just for a leaderhead that speaks a language you don't understand doesn't sound like a great deal to me.

I would gladly pay $20 for a Fall From Heaven DLC. I'd Pre-Order that. Donate money, start a petition, ask my congressman and shoot an Alaskan to get FFH on Civ 5.

Maps: Maps are free.
Leaders: they are free too.
Full Civilization Adds: Maybe. Im disapointed I cant play as the Mongols on Multiplayer... nor the Babylonians. Why pay more for solo content? It'd really have to be something special like Celts: Guerrila Warrior Unit, Special Building Grazing Area: +15% food in city, +1 production from horse pastures. Civic Trait: While at war you gain +25% production in all cities that have a military unit garrisoned in them. It'd have to have the awesome Narration and flavor of all the other civilizations. Even then it is still a maybe.

Mods: I'd pay a buck or two for them if they looked polished. A good American Revolution mod or WW1, WW2, 100 years war... anything. As long as its playable from multiple angles and polished and unique.

Please let there be a Fall From Heaven!!!

No, definitely won't be buying this DLC. It can be easily essentially duplicated for free by creating your own map or downloading one here. Why waste my money?

Top Bottom