Will you buy the DLCs

• No

Votes: 238 88.5%
  • Only the missin one

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Yes I'll buy them all

Votes: 21 7.8%

• Total voters
Do you even see the maps for Americas? MOSTLY WATER! bah!

Never.

I like Civ 5. I think it's a great game from what I have played, and remembering how much I disliked Civ 4 at first but grew to love it by the time of BtS, I have high hopes that 5 will only get better.

That is, until they released some janky maps as paid DLC. I understand having DLC and don't have any qualms about it, generally. But this is ridiculous.

This is like a student throwing together a few paragraphs they copied word-for-word out of the encyclopedia and turning it in as their year-end term paper. "What do you mean I got an F? I spent at least *two hours* on that paper! TWO HOURS!"

Nope. The price isn't really unreasonable or unexpected for what you're getting... But I basically rarely use custom maps, so they're pretty much worthless to me.

No - They can put their DLC into their mass market pipe and smoke it. Especially DLC - like maps - that individuals can create themselves.

Usual story, there's some non gaming financier with the interllect of a flea, and gaming knowledge of a child, behind the attempt to jump on a growing industry trend of DLC.

And they are trying that, on a group of gamers who are, for the moment at least, albeit rapidly diminishing as they jump ship - strategy gamers ........

Its such a dumb thing to attempt at the best of times, but with a predominently strategy gaming background as a base for the moment, and a completely broken game, they really must be coming from the land of the brain dead.

Not at the prices they're flogging them for. I'd much rather wait for a proper expansion pack, and if it's got anything like the content added that BtS had for Civ IV then it'll be a bargain...Warlords was a little sparse though.

I have a little game (also on Steam) called Defence Grid, which is a really fancy tower defence game, very enjoyable with a multitude of play modes. They released four maps packs, each with two maps. Each of the packs was £0.79. Now that's the kind of money a like spending on DLC.

Mind you, it's all moot when the underlying game is not my cup of tea. If the patches increase my enjoyability of Civ V then I'll rethink my "no DLC" policy. No point buying it if I'm not playing the base game at the moment!

Unfortunately already bought the game believing the Civ franchise was indestructible, how wrong I was. So 2K will not be getting anymore of my money no matter what they release.

Atleast the prices aren't as bad as Activision's are (15€ for 4 maps?)

Actually, yes. I've had tons of fun with both Babylonians and Mongols in ths game, and I can't wait for more Civs to come out.

(However, I would *like* them to lower the prize. 5 USD is indeed a bit ridic)

Atleast the prices aren't as bad as Activision's are (15€ for 4 maps?)

Five maps, two of which were already in CoD:MW. Roughly the same price for each map so no, just as bad as Activision. Activision are the new evil in town followed very closely by 2k Games.

just look at the massive land slide, almost 90% do not want to buy the maps.
So good to see the community getting together on this one.

Wonder if 2kgreg will show his face in this thread :D

just look at the massive land slide, almost 90% do not want to buy the maps.
So good to see the community getting together on this one.

Wonder if 2kgreg will show his face in this thread :D

It wasn't surprising considering that the Civ fanbase is a much more intelligent fanbase than other game fanbases.

Maps definitely not,
Civs maybe.
One thing is for sure, I'm not spending one penny more on the game until the core issues are fixed
And if that means they don't have the funds to fix the game, too bad for them.

For some reason that I can't now understand, I paid an extra £10 pre-release to get the version with Babylon. No more.

Top Bottom