DLL modding

civ editor11

Ruler
I now have an amount of SDK skills I was thinking there might be some things we're going to want hardcoded or just added in from other mods.
These are what I've added in already:
UncutDragon's Lead from Behind mod comp
The CAR mod.
Better BTS AI

this is what I intend to add in soon:
New tags

If anyone wants me to add anything else into the DLL just post here or PM me. I can add completely new things that you might want to be added in. Sorry for not being clear enough before.

No offense... but the SDK skills you probably have are compilation and merging. That's one better then what I can do- I have not yet compiled a DLL and do not have the time to learn to do it right now. (Though it's one thing that is on my lengthy Civilization IV modding list). Have you used xienwolf's tutorial on adding new stuff? Or have you just combined and compiled stuff?

I'm only asking because while I have not ever compiled anything, I have used xienwolf's tutorial and understand how several things work. I tried adding new boolean and integer tags. I also tried fooling around in some other places, just to get familiar with C++ as it's used in Civilization IV. So if you haven't actually done anything of your own in the SDK, I could try adding some code and you could try compiling.

Of course, if we only are going to be merging in other modcomps, then this won't be necessary, and it also won't be necessary if you can actually do what I'm describing above- adding new stuff of your own design to the SDK.

Yes I did go through the tutorial and can add completely new things into the game. If I didn't I wouldn't of started this thread I'll rephrase my first post to make it easier to understand.

Ah, sorry. No offense meant.

I don't think there's anything in the current python that would be better done in the SDK, except the force powers. But I really have no clue how to make those work in the SDK, and they work in python, and the only reason to move them to the SDK would be for the AI- and the AI can be scripted to use them in python anyway.

I think that the following things, however, could be moved to the SDK:

-Expire chance for promotions. It's already that way in the FFH SDK, but I implemented it in onBeginPlayerTurn instead. I don't know where this callback goes back to, but you'd have to add an integer tag for the chance and in "root" of this callback do something similar.

-Projects creating units. This would cause trouble if a project was removed, which is the only reason I'm suggesting adding it. The code in the python is called from onProjectBuilt (or is it onProjectCreated?)... you could add a string tag and an integer tag to get the unit and the number of units, and then, again, wherever the "root" of the callback is add code to create the unit.

Do you mean something like this?
<iUnitsCreated>1</iUnitsCreated>
and
<UnitClassCreated>UNITCLASS_DEATH_STAR</UnitClassCreated>
in the ProjectInfos file.
or something else
this might be a little dificult but I think i could do it

Yes, that's what I meant.

The event files use a similar system to let you generate units. You should ideally be able to clone the tag.

If there is a custom DLL is vote:

Better BTS AI
Influence Driven War
Dales Combat Mod
Mercenaries Mod

I would be happy to merge them into the code, but I can't compile (stupid computer) I can easily do the code merging

Dales Comat Mod hadn't been updated to 3.19 last time I checked
I'm merging BBAI in now.
Mercenaries definately.
Influence driven war mod maybe. That's on a option right?
You might want to try CodeBlocks it is a free compiler the tutorial for setting it up is here

I'm going to be starting on the new tags soon TC01 They'll be finished in a day or two at most.

tech dif barbarian civ? You mean Rev-DCM that might take a while to add in if many people want it It will get in otherwise I don't think it would be worth the effort.

tech dif barbarian civ and Revolution?

They would be considerable effort to merge and they really wouldn't add that much too it, they would just make it seem odd "Sir the revolutionary's have broke away from the New Republic they call themselves the "Old Republic":lol: or "The Pirates have organized themselves into a Civ":eek:

BTW New Version of BBTSAI out 0.81 mostly efficiency fixes

I'm merging in the new version in right now. TC01 the new tags will have to wait for another 2 days I'm just finishing up the last file of BBAI today.

Top Bottom