[IAAR] DM1: Deviant Minds Tourism Club (an SG)

How much defence do we need to leave behind when we attack, to take care of barbs? Is 1 archer per city enough or do we want 2?

you can actually take builders with scouts ~ i did it to cleo in my own game. she delcared on me b/c of my lack pointy things. in any case, her warrior did a fair bit of dmg to my 10hp city in my game ~ 3-5 units may be able to rush a city

it may be premature, but i think we should go w a few of w/e units we have atm if we're going to early rush. if he gets walls up, iirc, archers don't seem to do much to knock down defenses; our early rush will then need to become a classical war.

also, i know we're going for culture, but a monument might've been a bit of :smoke: units may have worked better for our immediate future but who knows :dunno:

i think one archer adn maybe one warrior/chariot might be ok, left btwn the two cities to float back and forth as needed

flipp'n heck ... three (3) pages in already? Thx for the heads up pholk ... I was watching the other thread but nothing was happening.

comments from the first page - are we sure that HoF isn't another user ID for Rex? Do we really want two Rexes?

And what is with the green lettering under Ozb's user id? HOF my big fat ... Are we sure that isn't another Rex?

Finally - count me out of the play. I ordered and got my copy of Civ VI ... but the wife intercepted it and decided it will make an excellent Christmas present. Bahhhh - thinking of ordering and d/l a version so that I can play it now.

Comments on page 2 ... Here is a suggestion. How about you consider that someone following (like me) might not have played 1 minute of Civ 5 ... and zero minutes of Civ 6 ... so he has no idea about anything hex related, new icons, what they hell is what and other non-civ4 stuff. Any chance of helping a fella out and giving some background?

I personally think 1 should be enough.

Agreed.

it may be premature, but i think we should go w a few of w/e units we have atm if we're going to early rush. if he gets walls up, iirc, archers don't seem to do much to knock down defenses; our early rush will then need to become a classical war.

Sorry my American is rusty but I think what you're saying is attack now with what we have before Pericles gets walls up :mischief:

And that would be an injured warrior and an injured slinger :eek: and 3 scouts.

Not the craziest idea you've had pholk. I think if we upgraded the slinger (and the one in production) to archers we may be all right 2 archers and a warrior and a scout or two. Corinth is strength 10, we could take that at least, get peace, wait for horses and attack Athens (which is only at 13).

Nothing ventured nothing gained heh!

So do we attack Greece with our tree branches and rocks (and pointy sticks in 3 turns)?

I'll wait for at least someone to say yes before playing (and then assume you all said yes anyway).

comments from the first page - are we sure that HoF isn't another user ID for Rex? Do we really want two Rexes?
I can attest that they are not the same ~ HoF seems much more agreeable and not-dooshy

Comments on page 2 ... Here is a suggestion. How about you consider that someone following (like me) might not have played 1 minute of Civ 5 ... and zero minutes of Civ 6 ... so he has no idea about anything hex related, new icons, what they hell is what and other non-civ4 stuff. Any chance of helping a fella out and giving some background?
yes please :claphands: my apologies for my report in that regard ~ will think of this when I make my next one

Agreed.

Sorry my American is rusty but I think what you're saying is attack now with what we have before Pericles gets walls up :mischief:

And that would be an injured warrior and an injured slinger :eek: and 3 scouts.

Not the craziest idea you've had pholk. I think if we upgraded the slinger (and the one in production) to archers we may be all right 2 archers and a warrior and a scout or two. Corinth is strength 10, we could take that at least, get peace, wait for horses and attack Athens (which is only at 13).

Nothing ventured nothing gained heh!

So do we attack Greece with our tree branches and rocks (and pointy sticks in 3 turns)?

I'll wait for at least someone to say yes before playing (and then assume you all said yes anyway).
yes! but maybe wait for 2 warriors ~ scouts can pillage though, too ~

we also want to avoid him building hoplites which gain combat str when flanked w other hoplites

Just opened the save to check how to take screen shots. Can only seem to do it via Steam, not PrintScreen. Any thoughts?

I gave up and used Steam's F12 screen shot. Steam saves them as JPEGs, but the directory is really hard to find. For me, it was C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\303049147\760\remote\289070\screenshots. I then uploaded to imgur and pasted the links into my report. It was a serious pain in the rear.

I can assure you that I am not Rex, though I do know him.

Hmm - protestations from the person in question haven't be discounted on principle. Don't they?

I can attest that they are not the same ~ HoF seems much more agreeable and not-dooshy

However, someone else vouching for you based on you not being as dooshy as Rex ... that I find fully acceptable. Welcome aboard HoF ... I think the content that we have seen so far is 100% living up to our prior 'record'.

I'd prefer to attack with at least 4 non-scout units, but I do like the idea of going sooner rather than later.

Gotta say that I love seeing so many familiar names checking in. We're going to single-handedly bring back the succession game!

Well I played a grand total of 3 turns :eek:

I think we are just about ready to send in the troops (one warrior has to heal) but can gather consensus as I won't be able to pick back up again for a while.

So what happened. Good question.

Answer: very little.

Someone built some rocks

We started building some more attacky things

And learnt how to use pointy sticks

And dreamt of ponies

And convinced our swingers to use pointy sticks

Save attached

Plan is, as I see it. Move the two archers to Corinth to be in between Athens and Corinth, warriors to follow and attack from our side. Cities to both build an archer next and then horsies.

Attachments

• DM1 t43.Civ6Save
    840.5 KB · Views: 43
That plan sounds good to me, but I haven't done many Civ 6 wars. I'm certain we can take Corinth at the very least, and if we build what you suggested I think we should be more than powerful enough.

Three turns? Three measly, stinkin' turns? :undecide:

Ozzy, do you want to pick it back up or should Hero take it (and get all the smashy smashy)?

Also, I don't know about putting our archers between Athens and Corinth. Does that open them up to two cities worth of units attacking together? I don't know Civ6 well enough, but think I've seen the AI hold units back to defend cities that aren't yet on the front line. If we put our archers close enough to Athens, might we trigger the "defend Athens" alert?

Lastly, unless we start seeing a lot of hoplites, we really shouldn't end this war shy of genocide and maybe let it spill over into Egypt. Our continent.

Top Bottom