[IAAR] DM1: Deviant Minds Tourism Club (an SG)

Take a screen shot of one of your single player victory screens and make up some elaborate story about how you single handedly won the game through pure cunning and one vastly improbable RNG moment. Seriously, just give us a damned report!

(Please disregard if someone's already pointed this out, but)

Christo Redentor (sp?) counteracts the effect of enlightenment on religious tourism AND doubles the tourism of seaside resorts. But you have to get to mass media and expend 2100 or so hammers....
also, forgot this: thx for piping in to help out ~

i just finished a game on king w a culture win w greece. The same one i thought i was losing when we started this SG. The AI isn't very good :( anyway, i won through sheer number of wonders and large amts of great works. also, i took over the #2 culture civ's big wonder/great works cities. included in this was a liberal sprinkling of seaside resorts to help push me through. One Engineer I got at the end boosted the appeal of every tile in the city by +2. Naturally, i stuck it in the one city that had 4 resorts.

also: get those turns done before anyone else needs a skip to rest up from New Years Eve ;) :)

Yeah, I'm thinking of a January vacation, if I can find a good deal. I'll need a week of skips for that, at least...

Ugh, Imgur's annoying. I try to upload a bunch of pictures and they're all jumbled up! Well, whatever. Welcome to looking at screenshots and my memory to try and piece together what happened! If you're just reading this and this alone for some reason, my computer crashed or something and deleted the first half of my notes. So, let's look at some screenshots! YAY!

I'd imagine we just met Carthage, so that's nice.

Oh, I remember why I took this one. Because Kongo is waaaaaaaay ahead of us! That is kind of problematic, you know? This made me set 2 goals in tech and policies. Gunpowder to see niter, and Diplomatic Service. Now, I'm not saying we kill him, but we have the means to do so now, so...

Here it is, Sao Luis in all its glory. I guess. Not really glorious though. Oh well.

Erm, I guess I made a deal with him? Why though? What made me do this?

Maybe that's why? I could see myself getting flustered about that and making a deal for peace.

I guess Kongo doesn't like Sao Luis much. Gotta be honest, neither do I right now. Oh well.

It's the Japanese! Hey buddy! How are you? Say hi, everybody!

We also found Peter. Isn't that neat? Bonus points for him having Japan's capital, because Japan currently has this city.

And that's it. That's all he has. Poor fool.

Even with context, I didn't get this. Why doesn't he like us? What did we do?

And that's where my new notes begin! First of all, on the other side of the coin, England likes us for our production! I checked, and that was in fact her hidden policy! So that's cool. What isn't is that Stockholm declared war on Kandy. I mean, I don't think we care, but hey! There's war. We also got Isaac Newton, but I have no idea what to do with him. Someone else can figure it out. Oh yeah, we also found Buenos Aires. Next turn!

I mean, yeah, sure! That's not a bad idea! I also had Shedet build a builder to send to Sao Luis and Sao Paulo is building a monument for more culture. Onwards!

Oh, thanks? That's neat. What's even neater is that he's actually friendly! Isn't that neat? We also got more envoys, so I got us up to 6 with Brussels. Next turn, I have Salvador da Bahia make an Amphitheater. But guess what happened now? The answer is nothing. Nothing happened. Hahaha. On turn 154, embassies are a thing though, so that's worth something, right? I start on Military Training because we've put it off for far too long.

Oh, thanks man. I try. So Japan likes us, but Kongo got jealous and denounced him. How rude. Mont St. Michel finished though! I thought I got a screenshot of it, but I guess not. Oh well. Gunpowder was finished, and we do have niter! I think we built the Hanging Gardens on them, because it isn't showing but we have one. Finally, I set it to research Banking and finished. All in all, it was a turnset, all right! Hero of Flames, signing out.

Attachments

• DM1 t155.Civ6Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
good turns, HoF ~ i think taking the deal works for improving relations. Also, i think San Luis might be a good staging area for more cities ~ there's quite a bit o jungle down there.

i definitely think there's war in our future. judging from the culture game i just finished, two eras up isn't all that much of a much ~ the AI is poop.

what's that you say, a roster? good idea!

1. pholkhero
  2. Rex Tyrannus
  3. Ozbenno >> apparently swapped and didn't skip, UP NOW ~ freakin' admin, taking liberties
  4. Flames of Hero >> just played
  5. Nfora >> on deck
also, i wonder if we should look into Carnivales?

I second the weirdness of Aussies.

I think we can afford to keep all the AIs alive going forward. The more AIs, the more spread out tourists can be. We do need to get onto religion spread and relic gathering though.

1. Ozbenno >> apparently swapped and didn't skip, UP NOW ~ freakin' admin, taking liberties
:lol: It's been many years since I've been in a SG, forgot my terminology.

Anyway, had a look at the save. I think we might need to go to war with Kongo, he is way ahead of us in culture and has an absolute tonne of great works we could use.

Now that MSM is in, I will get some apostles across to Germany as he is probably the most likely to have missionaries or apostles in the field.

I think we need more theatre districts (and associated buildings) as well, to get some GA/GM/GW points happening quickly. Natural History seems the next likely civic we need.

Science wise depends on whether we are warring or not. If we are I think Military Science is a good target.

Our GS will build a university and library, I think we only have 3 science districts and each already has a library. We either build a new and get the two buildings or just burn the GS and get a university (in capital I think) for the benefits now.

I'll try and get a trade route going on the new continent (and expand our capacity if possible) and look at improving our diplomatic situation

Still a couple of city spots left if I can slip in a settler.

In summary, main discussion points before I play, to war or not to war with Kongo? Burn GS now or wait for a new Science District?

(Please disregard if someone's already pointed this out, but)

Christo Redentor (sp?) counteracts the effect of enlightenment on religious tourism AND doubles the tourism of seaside resorts. But you have to get to mass media and expend 2100 or so hammers....

Didn't know this thanks, it's worth us getting this as we will be going well beyond enlightenment.

I think we can afford to keep all the AIs alive going forward. The more AIs, the more spread out tourists can be.

Mvemba can fit this role with a single pop-one city with three ice tiles and a pasture. He doesn't need his capital to be useful to us.

In summary, main discussion points before I play, to war or not to war with Kongo? Burn GS now or wait for a new Science District?

I say we take out his best city, probably the cap, and get him to give us his shiny relics and great works in the peace deal. Show up with overwhelming force (that's what'll scare him into giving everything for peace) and quick strike as best as we can. Maybe pillage his theater squares, too.

On the scientist, I'd prefer to build a new campus and burn him then. However, that requires us to have a collective memory across sets. Can we do that?

Let me augment my answer. I'm a warmonger at heart and I've yet to win a peaceful game of civ6. I've had religious and cultural victories, but both were because I extinguished the other civs who might compete.

Our easiest path to victory is to cripple the Kongo. That said, I'm curious how the AI plays with a lead in tourism. Is the AI good enough to seal the deal or will he piddle around and build some space parts while we concentrate and get theme bonuses and go from last to first in the final 100 turns?

If this were SP, I'd test the AI. In SG, though, I'd play the safe route and cripple him.

That said, I'm curious how the AI plays with a lead in tourism. Is the AI good enough to seal the deal or will he piddle around and build some space parts while we concentrate and get theme bonuses and go from last to first in the final 100 turns?

If this were SP, I'd test the AI. In SG, though, I'd play the safe route and cripple him.

Safe :nono:

When did you get soft Rex?

It's a great point though, I'm curious how Kongo will handle this as well. I would be keen to keep him around and monitor this (with our fingers on the big red button). We can buy/steal his great works as well to keep him in check if required.

also in favor of a new campus for the bldgs.

also in favor of the "wait-and-see" approach to kongo ~ we can grow to our hearts content on our large continent, then take him out w more modern weapons while the AI "forgets" to upgrade their early game units

Following nfora's footsteps, I decide on the soundtrack first and spend more time on this than anything to do with the actual turns. We are going with Ball Park Music's 2016 album, Every Night The Same Dream :king:

And press enter to start...

We complete Military Training and I set the civics towards Exploration (as Merchant Republic is a better government fit for us).

Manaus is set for a Campus for the GS. If we can pop a Great Writer, we have enough to buy an amphitheatre if needed.

I get OBs with the civs we don't already have one with.

Stuff get built

Stuff gets queued

[where is my picture of a carnival??? I'm sure it was around here somewhere but this looks useful]

And IBT 159, just as I'm bopping along to Leef

Think this is one of those stop and consult moments, not sure...

We can buy a knight or crossbow there straight away (thought I had a picture but again???), he has brought two catapults and a funny warrior thingy.

This is actually a good thing as we can go on the offensive against him without any warmonger penalties and take a city or two and demand his great works as payment. He is behind in tech so we should be able to get some good units against him.

Thoughts??

Attachments

• DM1 t159.Civ6Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
Buy a crossbow and put him in Sau Luis. Build walls there. Bring more troops west (which will take about 5-10 turns). Keep buying crossbows if gpt is high-enough. (Can we faith buy troops?) Turtle and defend until we have overwhelming force. Strike hard once we do.

My two cents.

Top Bottom