[IAAR] DM1: Deviant Minds Tourism Club (an SG)

How the hell do you survive in Australia with all that dangerous stuff that will murder you everywhere?

Turn 220:
Lots of artifact slots open, and some art slots, but no music or relic slots available. We've got some broadcast centers in progress, but only one new holy site.
We can faith-buy cathedrals, but they just give more art slots, instead of relics.

I make some trades with the AI for open borders with Japan (3g+5gpt). Peter likes us the best, but won't give up his great works for anything reasonable.

At the start of my turnset, we're sitting at 27/127 tourists.

Turn 221:
I check on trade routes. We're good for Kongo, Germany, and Russia. That leaves England and Japan. I buy an extra trader in Kwango

Turn 222:
Bolshoi finishes, Cultural Heritage comes in, Capitalism comes in, Mobilization comes in. I pick Ideology next. I start Cristo Redentor in Rio, since it's our highest production city. It's still 51 turns to complete. I'm going to see about improving that.

I discover we can't reach japan or england with our trade routes. We'll need some strategically placed trading posts.

Turn 224
Ideology comes in. Professional Sports next. Buy a naturalist in Fortaleza.

Turn 225
Steel comes in. I pick electricity next. We get Albert Einstein and Jang Seung-Eop.

It turns out we only have one spot on the mainland that can support a national park, and it's near Manaus. I send the Naturalist there. Should've bought him on the other side of the continent, I guess.

Einstein gives us the Plastics eureka.

Our Archaeologist nets us the eureka for combustion. Awesome. I take a Brazilian artifact, then notice that our works of art aren't doing much for themeing for us.

Turn 226
I give Japan some free tobacco to help our relationship while I shop around for replacement art. None of the AIs are willing to give a reasonable deal. I don't like these people much.

Turn 227
Pop Jang Seung-Eop's first piece of art.

Turn 228
Professional Sports comes in. I notice we aren't using Heritage Tourism, so I swap to it. I also opt to replace our +gpp for writers with +15% wonder production. I start us working on Suffrage.

Turn 229
Pop another piece of art.

Turn 230
Last piece of Jang Seung-Eop's art. Find a Greek artifact.

Turn 231
Electricity comes in. I pick Sanitation.

Turn 232
I designate our national park. Our archaelogist retires, having found an egyptian artifact. This nets us our first themeing bonus!

Turn 233
Freddy denounces us. Meh.

Turn 234
Suffrage comes in. I queue us to Space Race because we can triple the tourism from works of music. I switch us to New Deal, and our economy takes a bit of a hit, but we get a lot more housing across the empire.

I create our first work of music as the first Broadcast Center comes online. Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik.

Turn 235
Vicky dropped a new city, which lets me finally get my trade route to her setup.

Still to do:
* more archaeologists, going for themeing bonuses. We have some shipwrecks to dive as well.
* trade route to japan!
* I've been planting forests and adding lumber mills near Rio to increase production. Christo Redentor is down to 24 turns to complete. It can get better.

We're up to 46/126 tourists.

Attachments

• DM1 t235.Civ6Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 59
Roster:
  1. pholkhero >> UP!
  2. Rex Tyrannus >> Dressed in purple like royalty and on deck
  3. Ozbenno >> Still on the bright side. This globe doesn't spin fast enough
  4. Meow >> Meowing
  5. Nfora >> Wants some sushi and overpriced electronics from Japan

Good turns. Not the bright side but dull and damp side over here at the moment.

The tourism will keep growing nicely as long as we keep an eye on things (open borders, trade routes etc). In my recent SP game, I noticed that I could get +50% for 2 trade routes. Can we create seaside resorts yet? Should do this as well.

Unfortunately my account data is lost in my brain, just wrote to staff in the hopes they can give me my account back.

You could always try resurrecting your old Timon of Athens account. I always liked that one better than Imhotep, anyway. Seriously, though, it's fantastic hearing from you. This is like a high school reunion in this SG, only I actually like you people.

Good turns, Homer and Nfora. The tide is definitely turning. Help me remember, can you only use trading posts in *your* cities to extend trade routes? I seem to remember something about needing a harbor in your "other continent" city to extend trade routes, but I'm dumb and really only know how to hit things with sharp or explody things.

You could always try resurrecting your old Timon of Athens account. I always liked that one better than Imhotep, anyway. Seriously, though, it's fantastic hearing from you. This is like a high school reunion in this SG, only I actually like you people.

It is like a high school reunion. I think Imhotep was just a renaming of the Timons account rather than a new one, just like Stan wanting to be called Loretta :mischief:

Help me remember, can you only use trading posts in *your* cities to extend trade routes?

Until I read nfora's post I didn't even know that's what trading posts did, so I can't help.

Our worthy HoF master (the Aussie one, not the flaming one ;) ) is correct I believe. If staff doesn't give me the account back - which may very well be because of identification issues - I may start a new one and simply go with Timon of Athens again ;)

Glad to see you guys again too!!

Good turns, Homer and Nfora. The tide is definitely turning. Help me remember, can you only use trading posts in *your* cities to extend trade routes? I seem to remember something about needing a harbor in your "other continent" city to extend trade routes, but I'm dumb and really only know how to hit things with sharp or explody things.

As far as I know, you get a trading post at the far end whenever a trade route completes to any city that you don't already have a trading post in, and it extends your range. Looking over the map, I honestly am not sure that range was the problem from our former Kongolese cities. It might just be that we could see a route to them? I'm not sure if this affects availability or not. I sent a knight exploring to that side to try to find a route to England before she dropped liverpool in our lap. We should have a path to Japan now, if that was our blocker. We should keep trying to get a route going to Japan.

As far as I know, you get a trading post at the far end whenever a trade route completes to any city that you don't already have a trading post in, and it extends your range.
Yes, iirc, that's it. I think the range's 14 tiles from home city/trading post. We should remember this as Rome gets a bonus if trade routes pass through Roman cities w/trading post

good set, but none of your pics showed up in my browser :mischief: good micro'ing as well to squeeze every little bit from these carnival happy citizens. I wonder if we should focus more, now, on great people (and the carnival projects) and places to house their great works. Do we think that they'll be more relics in offing (which is something we can't control unless we go out looking for religious fights) or the GP route (which is something we can)?

I got the save and will focus on buttering up tokugawa for some of that hot hot sushi love (or is it cold cold sushi love?) [ed note: i call that band name ~ TONIGHT ONLY: COLD COLD SUSHI LOVE opening up for Steely Dan], more Indiana Joneses and more hammers

By punching it.
almost positive i woke my daughter up from her nap by laughing so loudly when i read that. I was watching a show where they were talking about that video and after he gets punched, the kangeroo puts up his hands like "oh, i don't want any more. we cool."

just like Stan wanting to be called Loretta :mischief:
that's probably my most favorite bit out of every monty python movie/show ~
But why do you want to be Loretta, Stan?
I want to have babies?
You want to have babies?!?

Oh I give up ~ the future is now:

So many good lines in those exchanges.
I like later when they refer to him as Loretta (and he's the secretary)

none of your pics showed up in my browser
Odd, there must be something wrong with your browser. :mischief:

I'm not sure how much more we need to add to our tourism output. Maybe some general focus on seaside resorts, and if we can find someplace else for a nature preserve clearing the way for that. I think we're virtually at autopilot now... if we give it enough time, we win.

That said, more GPs are probably a good plan, especially musicians since we're bringing lots of spots for their works online.

Nearing the end of my first Civ VI game (on Settler so I can just learn stuff without being distracted too much). In some regards the game is so different to previous iterations, mainly my beloved Civ IV (didn't play much Civ V). It's confusing because it's also not well documented, and the UI, while being glossy and pretty, doesn't do an outstanding job of presenting information you need.

I can't even quite tell which resources are hooked and which are not without looking very closely ... I'm spoiled by Civ IV + BUG and the terrific clean UI I guess...

:banana::band:[party]:banana:
It's confusing because it's also not well documented, and the UI, while being glossy and pretty, doesn't do an outstanding job of presenting information you need.

I can't even quite tell which resources are hooked and which are not without looking very closely ... I'm spoiled by Civ IV + BUG and the terrific clean UI I guess...
There are a couple of good mods in the works. One improves the information density of the UI, another adds additional layers. If they can get a bit more mature, I think some of them might become defaults for SGs.

Top Bottom