[IAAR] DM1: Deviant Minds Tourism Club (an SG)

Just read this thru all the way. Great and entertaining.
sweet! and I quasi-echo Ozzie ~ why didn't you like our other SGs? :lol: welcome, of course

I can't even quite tell which resources are hooked and which are not without looking very closely ... I'm spoiled by Civ IV + BUG and the terrific clean UI I guess...
:yup: i hate that you need to hover over some resources to tell if their linked. dumb.

Hello DM'ers!

It's great to see the gang back in action. I haven't yet bought Civ VI yet, (bought Civ V right away, and never got into it) but I'm thinking I probably will soon. Maybe I'll have my wife get it for me for Christmas; I hear that's a thing.

Anyway, great read, and perhaps I'll be back in DM SG action again myself before too long.

ETA: Heh, I still have the Sword of the Flings forum link in my sig, not that it works, of course.

Hey Bindy! ::wavey::

playing now; report tonight

if we got a greyfox check in, i'd surely keel over

And lo, the Great Hero of the Pholks, did come upon the throne of Brazil (or Brathil if youre from thpain or mithing teeth). He gazed upon his wonderous cities, his magnificent empire, and beheld that it was, indeed, pretty swell.

Other leaders came to see his wonderous visage:

Even the lowly Japanese opened their doors for him:

He nodded absently at them for Syreeta had just takeneth a donut from Pauline and he knew that the Holy Housewives of Abbernathy 'twere going to rumble.

People across the land produced wonderous works of art in order to please His Wonderousness:

And one final work, which I doth not post here as innocent and tender eyes may happen upon it. Suffice it to say, it involved Daniel Day Lewis dressed as Abe Lincoln, three dwarf ponies, a bucket of chum, and retired ice-skater Oksana Baiyul.

And this guy showed up:

Thus endeth the rule of Pholkhero, King of the Britons, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Piper of Pieds, and All-Around Cool Dude.

** techs: Replacable parts>Mil Science>Rifling>Combustion>Plastics. The military techs were "just in case;" Plastics b/c it's the future. duh.
civics: Space Race>Social Media. The 300% tourism appeal of GW of Music replaced the wonder one. SocMed will net us the additional +50% tourism w civs that we have trade routes, too.
I generally built other stuff, but decided I like the idea of as many carnivals as possible. I can imagine all our people celebrating non-stop as we cruise to victory ~ plus the GPPs can't hurt.

The situation:

No, the CULTURE situation:

I played 15 turns, as we all should now. I don't expect to get this back.

Roster:
  1. pholkhero >> just played
  2. Rex Tyrannus >> UP NOW
  3. Ozbenno >> on deck
  4. Hero of Flames
  5. Nfora

Attachments

• DM1t250.Civ6Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 86
And one final work, which I doth not post here as innocent and tender eyes may happen upon it. Suffice it to say, it involved Daniel Day Lewis dressed as Abe Lincoln, three dwarf ponies, a bucket of chum, and retired ice-skater Oksana Baiyul.

:lol: Can't wait to view this one.

Thus endeth the rule of Pholkhero, King of the Britons, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Piper of Pieds, and All-Around Cool Dude.

Forgot to mention, and Fond of a Brazilian. :p

Don't think this will last much longer, think the Hippo or myself will finish it off if Rex doesn't :smoke: too badly :mischief:. Only risk is a sudden jump in domestic tourists in England or Russia (we should see if they'll sell their works).

I played 15 turns, as we all should now. I don't expect to get this back.
Yep, we're going to get there soon, for sure. The Social Media boost is going to be huge.

Time to start planning the next SG?

if we got a greyfox check in, i'd surely keel over

Might as well wish for unicorns, free booze, and hot girls who are into fat, bald guys with no money.

Forgot to mention, and Fond of a Brazilian.

I always figured Pholk liked 'em more on the wookie side of personal grooming. Anyone remember his "Release of the Quivering Merkins" idea?

hot girls who are into fat, bald guys with no money.

[snip]

"Release of the Quivering Merkins"
got 1/3 so far

and, i gently alluded to said title in my report :mischief:

I took other screenshots and wrote a dry turn report, but I don't think it matters. Here's the autosave 1 turn before the victory, if anyone wants to add it to their hall of fame.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0262.Civ6Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 113
woot! :banana:

congrats all!

ggwp

still miffed they took out the replay where you can watch the game unfold

Here's the autosave 1 turn before the victory, if anyone wants to add it to their hall of fame.

Is there a personal hall of fame in VI :confused:

Loaded up the save to press enter and get the Steam achievement in any case and got the notification on Steam that pholk had just started playing as well, so he's probably doing the same :lol:

Well done everyone :thumbsup:. Good early game to get rid of Greece and Egypt and then a solid middle/late game to get the tourists up.

So onto the next game.

A lurker :eek:. Good to know you're enjoying the read.

But even better to see that after being a member for 11 years this SG has inspired you to finally post. :lol:

Actually I lost track of CivFanatic for a while. When I finally did come back, I didn't know my password. When lost password didn't work, I sent a message to Admin, but never got a response. The day I wrote my comment, I tried a password that I used a long time ago, and, well here I am.:D

How the hell do you survive in Australia with all that dangerous stuff that will murder you everywhere?

You also are careful putting on your gardening shoes. You check them, you shake them out and you carefully put them on. One of my English friends laughed out loud when I was putting my shoes on and it had paper in it (that I didn't see) ... threw that show off my foot so fast it wasn't funny.

Edit: I have another account here (shhhh) ... I'll see if it is still active.

Top Bottom