DMI VII - Team BtS

·Imhotep·

Legendary Builder
Main game thread

The Roster:

1. r_rolo1 as King of Himself (SG Captain)
2. Trieste as the 2 SGs guy
3. pawelo as the CS Sling guy
4. Ad Hoc signing up ad hoc
5. Bindamel 14 DM posts are a nice recommendation
6. open

Have fun guys !

Imhotep

Checking in ( it's the first time I see a SG captain checking in ... ;) )

Good to see some familiar faces around here..... :cheers:

First some requests:

First round will be played in turnsets of 15 turns, from there 10 turns to the end. If you notice that your turnset has one of checkpoints Immy posted in the main thread ( 500 BC, 1 AD, 800 AD, 1500 AD and 1800 AD ), stop and post ( infractors will be :whipped: )....

Now , more down to earth issues: scout moves, possible settling spots, queue and research paths.... suggestions welcomed :D

Some thoughts after loading the map:

- It is no as aparent in the image that Immy gave us, but the northern line of sight coincides exactly with a shore line ( a northern one , by the looks of it )

- It looks that we are in one of those all forest starts.... that makes settling 1 S a interesting option IMHO

- This time ( unlike PW - 01 , with other Immy map ) there are no "boosted" tiles :( )

- We start with Hunting + Mining. I think that Agri as first tech is a no brainer

Moving north for the cow would lose the rice and get us some worthless tundra. South along the river would be ok for more river tiles, the spices won't come in for a while anyway (are those spices? I can't tell with that pretty terrain). I'd settle in place or 1s just to not waste a turn.

Not sure about research. Russia starts with mining so we could go right for BW and axeman rush whoever's near or chop the oracle. We need farming early for the rice too though.

In the long term - Cossack rush isn't as good insanely powerful as in Vanilla but still... :mischief:

crosspost :lol:

Entirely agree with agriculture 1st.

oracle would be great but we'd have to go through a lot of techs to get there agri>mystic>meditation>priesthood plus maybe bw to get a 2nd city at copper.

Aye aye captain :salute:

Too bad this cow is that far. I would definitely move the scout 1S and see what appears from the fog. I'm pretty sure, given the ressources already on the map, that there must be something else in this area (Copper/Iron/Horse or the three :lol:).

Agriculture is ok at the start, then BW. Build-wise, I would definitely go for a worker.

Btw, stop criticizing the legendary builder graphic card ;)

Edit: Damn be I to look into the other threads :whipped:
I wouldn't move the scout no more...

Edit 2: Are we going to try the CS Sling here ? Oracle falls so late nowadays... We have no chance against a Vanilla team regarding the time of getting it, but we can go for early pottery and cottage this riverside pretty fast to speed up our sling... Just thinking :mischief:

Checking in Cap'n

Good to see we are starting on the borders of Siberia

i definately think we move scout south to see whats about, but i'm for moving the settler south.

i think it looks like a coast to the North and moving south would enable us to fit a cows/spices (or is it silk) city on the Tundra with hopefully some seafood:yumyum:

Agri - BW - long discussion on CS slingshot i think

Onwards and upwards

more rambling thoughts...

The other possible option for the settler is 1 SE, across the river and onto the grassland forest. we lose the plains hill (which would be difficult to work in a food poor enviroment) and 1 turn, but we would actually have some more unseen squares which may contain resources.

The other consideration and this is my own perhaps slightly flawed thought is that resources don't tend to pop up adjacent to other resources (perhaps one of the techy code people can tell us if is is coded like that) if thats the case the only hill that could have a resource is the one we start on and i wouldn't like to waste a copper/iron grassand hill.

Checking in.

How important is a fast settling here? I have a tendency to not chase wonders, especially Oracle, so I'm not sure how much leeway we would have. I'd love to move the settler S, SE to get a view of the river and see what's there. I like the idea of being able to settle silk(?) cows with a later city, possibly on the plains hill.

^^it's not a bad idea to settle the plains hill ( not as the first city ), but I have a strong bias against moving the settler much in the beggining ( the starting positions are beutified and moving the settler means to lose critical turns wandering around... but that is just my opinion ).... And before thinking on settling near the cow we need to check for seafood ( a fish there would be extremely nice ).

I'm thinking in moving the scout 1 SW before we decide where to to settle. As I'm civved out ATM ( will be on a civ computer in a matter of 5-6 h ) feel free to shoot ideas.

@ lurkers

We still have a spot avaliable.... feel free to contact Immy or me to enter the team ( acess restrained to 2+ SG people and preference to: RB and DM people and former SG colleages of Immy .. Immy rules, not mine ;) )

Definitely agree on settling 1S. Even though we can't see any more ressources, this river seems pretty promising to run some cheese.

Going for the CS-Sling ( thanks to the Oracle late construction ;) - too bad for the Warlord team :D) is for me a very viable option given all these rivers.

I would say move the settler 1S and post to advise, though it won't change anything...
Vote for 1S.
Tech-wise Agr, BW, Pottery, Oracle-path, CS path for me :cool:
I think it's doable and will give us a nice kick ahead.

I think we have a qualified majority in here ( we really need to get another team member for being able to use my Immy-given despotic powers :lol: ). ATM I'm playing SO-08, so I'll play and post tomorrow...

@pawelo: somebody is getting addicted to CS slingshot :p I'm not sure that we can do it in here ( I doubt that Immy hadn't prepared a suprise or two.... ). We'll see in a not so distant future...

Settled in the riverside plains:
Spoiler :

Tech choosing and 1st build were not exactly rocket science:
Spoiler :

When we got Agri, research was set to BW.

Our world in end of turnset ( after two hut maps, some gold , and a lion taming )
Spoiler :

Log ( courtesy of BUG )
Spoiler :
Logging by BUG Mod 2.11 (BtS 3.13)
------------------------------------------------
Turn 0/460 (4000 BC) [10-Dec-2007 19:24:54]

Logging by BUG Mod 2.11 (BtS 3.13)
------------------------------------------------
Turn 0/460 (4000 BC) [10-Dec-2007 23:34:56]
Moscow founded
Moscow begins: Worker (15 turns)
Reminder: On Turn 15, Finish

IBT:

Turn 1/460 (3960 BC) [10-Dec-2007 23:37:00]
Research begun: Agriculture (8 Turns)

IBT:

Turn 2/460 (3920 BC) [10-Dec-2007 23:37:20]
Tribal village results: map

IBT:

Turn 3/460 (3880 BC) [10-Dec-2007 23:37:40]

IBT:

Turn 4/460 (3840 BC) [10-Dec-2007 23:37:50]
Tribal village results: map
Moscow's borders expand

IBT:

Turn 5/460 (3800 BC) [10-Dec-2007 23:38:08]

IBT:

Turn 6/460 (3760 BC) [10-Dec-2007 23:38:19]

IBT:

Turn 7/460 (3720 BC) [10-Dec-2007 23:38:29]

IBT:
Buddhism founded in a distant land

Turn 8/460 (3680 BC) [10-Dec-2007 23:39:57]
Tribal village results: a little gold
Tech learned: Agriculture

IBT:

Turn 9/460 (3640 BC) [10-Dec-2007 23:40:06]
Research begun: Bronze Working (13 Turns)

IBT:

Turn 10/460 (3600 BC) [10-Dec-2007 23:40:19]

IBT:
Hinduism founded in a distant land

Turn 11/460 (3560 BC) [10-Dec-2007 23:40:36]

IBT:

Turn 12/460 (3520 BC) [10-Dec-2007 23:40:47]

IBT:

Turn 13/460 (3480 BC) [10-Dec-2007 23:41:08]

IBT:
While defending in the wild, Scout defeats (0.64/1): Barbarian Lion (Prob Victory: 73.8%)

Turn 14/460 (3440 BC) [10-Dec-2007 23:41:23]
Moscow finishes: Worker

IBT:

Turn 15/460 (3400 BC) [10-Dec-2007 23:41:35]
Reminder: Finish
Moscow begins: Warrior (15 turns)

I think that we need the Wheel soon enough and Pottery as well.

Mr Trieste, she's all yours.... Mr Pawelo, be alert ;)

Attachments

• DMI VII BC-3400.CivBeyondSwordSave
    49.1 KB · Views: 221
Aye Captain!

[size=-2]grumble keep up that talk an' there may be a mutiny[/size] :eek:

;)

got it for tomorrow

On alert I remain :)

What a crappy landside, though I'm pretty happy with the stone down south. We should make certain one of the two following cities goes for it and the Mids :D

Tech-wise definitely Wheel and Pottery.

Our continent appears to be dieting, based on the lack of food :(

Can I ask why 'mids? I know there worth a fair number of points in the Imhotep Scoring System(TM), but if we don't find food, I don't know that we'll be able to make the most of them.

I know it's early yet, but we haven't met anybody yet, so wouldn't great wall be an option? Also, Oracle may fall a little quicker than usual, given the early dates for both Hinduism and Buddhism.

We still have to see what's up to the east, still I have to agree that, aside a few cows, there is a general lack of food.

I'm quite fond of the Mids because of early Representation Happy boost (and happiness is my major concern since I started playing Monarch) and the early GE. Also, with stone almost on hand, it would be a pity not to make it.

I would leave the Henge aside for this game, still the Oracle is a serious option for me, given the river-powered cottages we can make grow until the CS arrives... :devil:

Top Bottom