2. Ralph Jackson OB04 2.0
3. Kodii OB04 2.0
4. Conroe OB04 2.0
5. Mighty Dwaarf OB04 2.0
6. stuge OB04 1.5

Have fun guys !

Imhotep

Checking in.

We'll wait for the other two teams to fill up before playing but we should come up with a plan of attack first.

I suppose the three focuses of this game should be getting the best out of Vanilla, Russia and Peter.

Here a few things we could look at.

CS slingshot - CS doesn't need maths in vanilla, so is a big chance with researching CoL and Oracle or you can bulb it with a Great Prophet if you avoid researching Masonry.

Cossacks - Strength of 18, +50% vs mounted, only needs Military Tradition. There is no more overpowered unit in the game. Even rifles are powerless with the right promotions.

Peter - Philosophical means we can help our research cause by bulbing techs.

I would say our plan should be to get Military Tradition from Liberalism. We can look at our neighbours to see if there are any early axe rush opportunities. Priority is to see where the horses are and securing our future.

A fractal map means we will need Astronomy and galleons to ship the cossacks.

Settling in place seems to generate decent production so I would probably want to do so.

Anyway, give your thoughts on where you think we should go and we'll hopefully be away soon.

Also checking in. I'm glad we get to be bright orange again.

I understand this is a competitive setting, but how are we determining who wins? Apparently not fastest finish... but in any case, we should work our advantages to the fullest.

We should put together the CS Slingshot and the Philosophical trait to get to Liberalism as fast as we can. We might not need Astronomy?

I would settle in place. Does grassland hill provide an extra hammer?

Im not a big fan of the starting spot is a bit too food poor for capital IMO. I would wander south and settle somewhere there.
CS slingshot would be good but is usually hard to get unless there is a decent commerce tile in cap FC i.e gold,silver or gems. A more possible route would be as suggested would be to avoid masonry and bulb it. As we are philo we shouldnt have to wait too long after building Oracle or Stonhenge (or both) for GP.
As we are philo a good GP farm should be one of our aims (and GLib) to crank out the great people. As Fractal I think we will more than likely need Astro for some ships, so we should also lever this as an advantage for us as we have Ralph in our team.;)

Checking in ... :salute:

With this thing being labeled OB04 2.0, I really hope that doesn't mean we're going to have the 5 building rule again? :ack: :p

CS slingshot - CS doesn't need maths in vanilla, so is a big chance with researching CoL and Oracle or you can bulb it with a Great Prophet if you avoid researching Masonry.
The AI in this version will go after the Oracle much sooner than the BTS AI. As Mighty Dwarf points out, it is tough to pull off without a nice commerce resource. Been done, of course. But I like the CoL slingshot better, I think, and then just 'bulb CS. Besides, we can build more infrastructure while we're waiting for the Prophet to be born. Not a big fan of Stongehenge, though.

I would say our plan should be to get Military Tradition from Liberalism. We can look at our neighbours to see if there are any early axe rush opportunities. Priority is to see where the horses are and securing our future.
Sounds good to me. :thumbsup: Might even be possible to use the Great Artist from Music to lightbulb Nationalism. Edit: Sorta ... but only if we research DR first. :nope: Not much point to that ...

Sounds good to me. :thumbsup: Might even be possible to use the Great Artist from Music to lightbulb Nationalism. Edit: Sorta ... but only if we research DR first. :nope: Not much point to that ...

If we hold off on Masonry we wont be able to get too the DR path which means the GA for Nationalism might work although we would have to forefit construction and cats for this :(

If we hold off on Masonry we wont be able to get too the DR path which means the GA for Nationalism might work although we would have to forefit construction and cats for this :(

Not getting Construction isn't the end of the world in this game. Cossacks don't need catapults as the key is quick mobile war. We'll only need catapults if we need an in-between war to secure our horses.

The Oracle for Code of Law, Great Prophet for Civil Service is probably a safer option. We should have founded Confusedness as well so can build a temple hire a priest to speed this along.

Checking in and will try and post thoughts later tonight.

Ralph

Checking in.

The strategy outlines so far seem good to me. I agree with Dwaarf on the need to find a cushier spot. Some exploration won't kill us.

The (overpowered ;) ) CS slingshot sounds good. It shouldn't be too hard to bag the 'Henge and Oracle with determined play. Early research: Whatever worker techs we need, BW, archery for defense if no copper or horses show up, throw myst, poly and meditation somewhere in there and research writing while building the Oracle. Then prophet goes pop and we have CS around 1000 BC.

If someone's unsure about the execution of bulb our way to liberalism, snag military tradition and kill everyone, I suggest looking for futurehermit's threads on the subject in the strategy forum.

Even though Immy seems to value most in his scoring things like prancing around in wonderland and kissing behinds, let's go straight for fast conquest. That means that once we get mil. trad., economy be damned. At that point we should build nothing else than cossacks and, if we're not very lucky, ships to get them at new throats.

Well I suppose the first thing I would say is blatant Plagiarism of advice from our Mighty Leader which is whatever victory we might be thinking of ..."A good start is a good start" e.g At this stage lets just aim for a nice strong opening and take things from there.

I would explore south before rushing to settle but might argue that 1S is far from a bad spot, Riverside + riverside rice + 2 grass hills + future river square to develop is far from bad. Also there is another strategic resource in our BFC and if you add copper / iron / horses to the riverside rice you don't want to move so far you take them out of the BFC.

I like the COL slingshot + bulb CS line. It is a nice highly achievable opening leaving us very strong without the "Gamble" of a full CS shot at monarch.

Can I suggest although not "really" starting till the teams are full Ozbenno plays to a couple of scout moves and posts a screen shot to discuss as we all seemed convinced of at least that much scouting?

Looking forward to the game.

Ralph
Ralph

I'm actually OK with settling in place. :shifty: True, it is a bit light on the food from what we can see. Looks like it would have good production, though, and will be easily irrigated. By moving south, we would also lose whatever that resource is next to the Scout. Can't quite make it out ... sugar, or maybe silk?

I'm also OK with 1S, if that is what the team wants. Moving the Scout is probably a good idea.

Move the scout before deciding.

I'm willing to give up the silks, as they aren't exactly the greatest thing in the world.

I'll move the scout only 1SW and post a screen shot tonight.

Conroe's point is a good one. I assume we're all behind a huge early as possible cossack rush. If so, having the best production in the capital (with bureacracy) is important. Settling in place gets more production. We can find a cottage city and GP farm elsewhere.

Didn't get around to moving that scout, so I'll have to do it tonight sorry. I'm now back into settle in place mindset again as well.

We have to produce progress reports at 500 BC, 1 AD, 800 AD, 1500 AD and 1800 AD (although I'd hope we are done by the last one) as well, so we need to identify the key points and milestone pictures in our turn-set. Once we hit 500BC, whoever is up should stop at that point take the relevent screenies (F1 and F9) and report. We'll collectively come up with our take on the first age and get someone to report.

Top Bottom