1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DMI VII - Team Warlords

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by ·Imhotep·, Dec 9, 2007.

1. ·Imhotep·

·Imhotep· Legendary Builder

Main game thread

The Roster:

1. ·Imhotep· (SG Captain)
    2. berserks01 never lost in an SG with me
    3. Compromise at least one RBer on the team
    4. Lucky1972 will hopefully get lucky with this one
    5. shyuhe Don't be shy, give it a try
    6. GreyFox Master of :whipped:

Have fun guys ! Berserks is UP !

Imhotep

2. berserks01

berserks01 Obviously Very Confused

I will move the scout 1 SW and post new pic for more discussion on where to settle.

3. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Good luck people ( and make good use of the MilTrad beeline :devil: ) :goodjob:

4. berserks01

Here's the new screenshot. I'm in favor of settling in place or 1 SW.

I'll wait for some inputs before playing. We can do 20 turns each first round and then follow the rules of 15 peace and 10 war turns starting the second round.

5. Lucky1972

Lucky1972 Prince

Checking in. Settling 1SW loses fresh water and I can't see any compensation. Is there any?

6. Compromise

Compromise Emperor

Token RBer checking in.

From what I see (hey where are those beautiful blue circles after the scout's moved?), I'd settle 1S of the settler start. The rice can feed the 3 grass hill mines (and still grow a bit with a farm). Plus, at least there's a chance of another food resource in the BFC south and/or east. We lose the silk, but until Calendar, who cares? I'd rather have more river tiles.

This also frees up the coast for another city near the cow depending on seafood up there.

I assume worker and Bronzeworking first? The only other tech I'd consider is Agri for the rice.

If rolo peeks at our thread again, a blood vessel in my neck will rupture.

7. berserks01

I was thinking 1S as well after Lucky reminded me about the fresh water resource.

I'm thinking worker -> warrior, and Agri -> BW.

Ok, that sounds good for now, will play tomorrow.

8. ·Imhotep·

GreyFox will join us too. I guess we have a pretty competitive and skilled group here :) .

As I've seen the map I'll not comment on the settling discussion. Tech Path should start with Agriculture, we should grow quickly to work those hills.

Imhotep

9. GreyFox

GreyFox Make it so ...

Checking in ... :salute:

Settling in place is probably the best (baring new info) since 1S loses the silk. The starting tech and builds suggested by berserks01 seems reasonable enough.

--

10. ·Imhotep·

Actually moving 1S or 1SW doesn't lose the fresh water bonus because of the river. Just a reminder. Food should be our main concern.

Imhotep

11. GreyFox

GreyFox Make it so ...

huh? :confused: 1S doesn't, I agree ... but 1SW???

12. ·Imhotep·

:lol: I'm dumb. Make that 1 SE ;) 1SW of course loses fresh water... :confused:

13. ·Imhotep·

14. Compromise

Compromise Emperor

Even with the loss of a silk, I still prefer moving 1S to settle. Unimproved, it's just 1C extra on a forested square. Even improved--which won't come till Calendar--that silk is just an instant non-river village. We can do better, sooner by working a cottage on one of the extra grass water squares that moving S will bring into our capital.

By the time we get Calendar, the silk will be in our capital's cultural borders and will still make our people happy. Maybe it will even get worked if it turns out that we want a city 1N of the lake.

15. berserks01

And here we go.

Decided to go with my (and Compromise's) gut and park our capital 1S of current location.

Set Moscow to build us a worker and set research to Agriculture.

1st Hut gave us a map

2nd Hut gave us 45g.

Agriculture in, BW next.

3rd Hut gave us another map

4th Hut gave us another map, but apparently the same map as the last hut

Moscow: worker -> warrior. Worker starts farming the rice.

Met Hatty, she's east of us.

5th Hut gave us yet another map, and like the previous 2 tribes its the same map :rolleyes:

Our capital

Our land

Attached Files:

16. Compromise

Compromise Emperor

I've never seen so many map pops, especially repeated!

Might I suggest playing 3 more turns before I grab it so that we know whether/where Copper is? I guess build another warrior for fogbusting or MP duty and so the capital grows a bit more.

Edit: Or I could play a partial turn since I'm up next. Any strong opinions?

17. berserks01

You should take it. I'd suggest sending the warrior SW and continue sending the scout W but up north so we can get a better picture of our surrounding land.

Then we can decide where to plant our copper city.

Also, do we have a consensus on victory type and how to achieve it? I'm all for domination/conquest myself.

18. Compromise

Compromise Emperor

Okay, I'll run 3 turns in a few hours when I get back home.

19. Compromise

Compromise Emperor

I ran a few turns.

Our scout left some droppings after spotting a bear that disappeared from his view in the interturn. The scary sight convinced him to chart the nearby shores of the North Sea. We completed a warrior and started another in our illustrious capital. The former has been sent off to the southwest to look around a bit. (When do we expect barb people and barb border crossings here?)

Sadly, though we worked the shiny new grassland hill mine for both turns that were available, we didn't pop any resources. Sigh.

Knowledge of Bronzeworking finds us cursing the name of the Legendary builder as our BFC lacks Copper. Here is our knowledge of the world to date:

and

Thoughts for this turnset are welcome. Tentatively, I plan to start a settler when the current warrior finishes. May as well try to grab the copper site, perhaps denying Hatty, unless something better appears. My initial thought is 1NW of the copper itself.

How do we feel about chopping or whipping for the first settler? I'm inclined to build it with no tricks at size 3 after the warrior completes.

Archery is 7T away, AH is 10T. Opinions? Maybe it depends on the timing of the great barb evolution (animals become troops)?

Oh, and our worker is starting a mine due W of capital.

Attached Files:

20. berserks01

I think barbs appear around 2000BC unless I'm mistaken.

I'd settle 1N, 1NW myself for the fresh water and water route to our capital.

I usually go the Agri->BW->Wheel->IW myself for early military dominations. But since we haven't decided yet, Archery or AH is fine as the next tech.