DMI VII - Team Warlords

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by ·Imhotep·, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Compromise

Compromise Emperor

I'm actually going to cast my vote for the builder route. Since we have copper, Hatty doesn't pose a threat to us. If she's the only AI on the continent with us, then she won't trade with us, but she can build and develop cities for us to conquer later. A not-axe-rush early game might be a fun change of pace too.

With Imhotep's scoring system, we'll do better as builders anyway, and when we do harvest the Egyptian empire, there will be more unit-kill points for us too.

2. berserks01

berserks01 Obviously Very Confused

Sounds like a plan. Builder mode is my preference as well. But we shouldn't defer war mode too long since we do want an earliest finish right?

3. Compromise

Compromise Emperor

I agree.

I just looked over the scoring system. I think the way to get the highest score is to get a Diplomatic victory while building several wonders. We could acquire friends/votes by military means. That is, we befriend one religious block and eliminate all but one of the others. We make sure--perhaps by appropriate gifting of cities--that the one "bad guy" is our opponent for the UN victory.

Given this, we want to be fighting Hatty before she meets anybody else.

Or, we could forget all this, build some early wonders and go on a rampage.

4. GreyFox

GreyFox Make it so ...

Okay, builder's mode it is then. Expect a report in 12 hrs max.

--

5. GreyFox

GreyFox Make it so ...

Relatively uneventful turnset. Learnt Pottery and Animal Husbandry. I set the next tech to Masonry, but that obviously can be changed (but why would we want to do that? We still want Pyramids, right?)

I started a warrior and the copper got connected when it is halfway built and it got auto-upgraded to a spear. Sorry for that. I would have go for axe.

I think someone mentioned this, but it is worth mentioning again:

Getting careless with your map edits, eh? :lol:

Anyway, bad news. Barbs is appearing.

More bad (I don't know why this is bad though) news. Hatty is not our only neighbor.

Even more bad news, the northwest is mountainous:

But I did find a hut in the south to give us some gold.

It is always good to have some gold in case of bad random events ... wait, this is warlords. :crazyeye:

The map revealed. Note the inset showing the faint blue (why blue and not red? Democrats?) color of American borders.

>>> The Save (1920BC) <<<​

6. Compromise

Compromise Emperor

Looks good. With Washington on the continent, the AIs won't have a monopoly on every tech so we should be able to do some trading.

I'll look over the save in more detail and see if I can come up with some comments.

7. berserks01

Immy's UP.

8. Compromise

Compromise Emperor

What do you think of planting a settler NE of the SEmost cows so as to trap Washington on his peninsula? (Assuming that water is ocean, not lake)

9. berserks01

If the borders expand fast enough, it'll also trap Hatty on her side as well.

But do we want to stop them or have them create cities for us?

10. ·Imhotep·

·Imhotep· Legendary Builder

I see it, but have better or more precisely more sorrowful things to do. I mourn for the dog of my parents who died this morning. Therefore I skip myself, I can't think of playing...

11. Compromise

Compromise Emperor

Sorry to hear that Imhotep. All my best.

12. berserks01

Sorry to hear that Imhotep. I, myself, am a dog person.

I've it then. Will probably play tomorrow, or tonite if I can find time.

13. Compromise

Compromise Emperor

If we de-fog a coastal path around the NW corner of the continent, will Sailing connect a city placed on the stone with our capital? Otherwise, it'll be a minimum of 37 turns (with a mined plains hill) to build the Pyramids. Could be reduced with chopping. (But then maybe that's okay?)

I'd say it's a judgment call where to put the next city. I'd either plant it directly on the stone to try to get stone hooked up asap, in which case we'd want to be roading to that city with another worker or going for Sailing with appropriate coastal fogbusting, or I'd plant a city to the southeast: either 1W of the corn (a commerce city) or 1NE of the corn (production). Let Hatty and Washington sail around us to settle!

14. berserks01

Stones too far away to be of much use I think, so I'd go with 1NE of the corn as the next city.

Having said that, something came up and I can't take it til Friday. So Compromise if you can take it before then and want to, please feel free to do so.

15. Compromise

Compromise Emperor

I should be able to find some time tomorrow. I'll check here before I play, so if anyone else (Lucky? Shyuhe?) want to grab it: post and go.

16. Compromise

Compromise Emperor

By the way, are we a go for trying for the Pyramids?

17. GreyFox

GreyFox Make it so ...

I say yes, with or without stones. But I always treat Pyramids as the most important wonder of all time (TGLibrary might come close though), so take that with a large lump of salt (and that lump should preferably pyramidial in shape ;)).

18. Lucky1972

Lucky1972 Prince

Just got my laptop back, but I can't load the save. Apparently my steam BTS did not upgrade Warlords, and when I tried to upgrade manually I couldn't. I will keep trying, just wanted you to know that I still cannot play. :(

19. Compromise

Compromise Emperor

Good luck getting the game to work Lucky.

In other news, I had guests who wouldn't leave today, so I didn't get a chance to run a turnset. I can probably grab it this weekend, though. Do you want to get some turns in first, beserks?

20. berserks01

Yeah, I'll take it for later today. Thanks.