DMI VII - Team Warlords

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by ·Imhotep·, Dec 9, 2007.

1. berserks01

berserks01 Obviously Very Confused

On the very first turn, Herodotus told us we're the second to last largest civ ... ok.

Yaroslavl found in site A

Kublai comes around with a demand

since we haven't decided on who our friends/foes are yet, I turned him down.

Louis wants OB, he's pretty far off I think and we don't have a scout running nearby so I turned him down.

Bella wants OB, I don't even know where she is, so another turn down.

I've been working the cottages and growing but we're only breaking even at 30% science. Hatty founded Christianity during the set. I think we should start thinking about knocking someone down since we're running out of things to build and are throwing out troops anyway.

Here's the current religious factions

How do we want to go about "owning" the buddhist sect?

Attached Files:

2. Compromise

Compromise Emperor

Got it. I should be able to fit this in over the weekend.

3. Compromise

Compromise Emperor

I've still got it. Illness set me back a bit. I will play tomorrow.

4. Compromise

Compromise Emperor

Nice writeup on the up-to-500BC report, Imhotep. Thanks for doing that.

1AD (IT): I look around and things look good though I do work a mine in the capital to get swords out faster. I see that we'll have a GE in 5T from the Pyramids, but I don't know how we're going to use him.

I check for any "enough on hands" opinions, but find none.

I notice we have a lot of hybrid cities with cottages and mines. I hope that will work for us.

Do we have an attack plan? I'm not sure, so I'll probably be mostly building up at this point.

25AD: (Interturn: Chichen Itza in a distant land). Hatty's got another couple archers guarding a settler up north of us. I think we're going to have to take her down. We go down to -3gpt at 30% research which pushes Alphabet back to 12T (at 20%). So, I assign a scientist at Novgorod which brings us back to a more reasonable 7T for Alphabet.

50AD: Barb archer sprouts up near Yaroslavl'. I hope our lone spear there can handle him.

75AD: (Interturn: Isabella asks us to cancel deals with Hatty. I contemplate a long ttime before deciding to agree. After all, we will probably assimilate Egypt before too long.)

100AD: (Interturn: Barb archer suicides against Yaroslavl's spear.) I notice that Hatty's settler party has returned to Giza (the city up on the north coast). I wonder if she's mad at us. I've switched some builds so that troops have 1T left to complete. That way, we don't pay maintenance on them while others build. Our scouting warrior off to the east sees that Boston is guarded by a spear and an archer.

125AD: Library completes in Rostov; start Barracks. Great Engineer born in capital. Put him on ice for a team decision. Seattle has an archer and an axe for defense. We are 2T away from Alphabet, but I can assign another scientist and get it in one, so I do so.

150AD. Barb archer from barb city S of us appears and threatens worker near Rostov. I decide to use the city garrison to protect the worker and let him mine the hill he just got to.

Judaism spreads to Novgorod, but nobody in the world is Jewish, so that's a no go.

I stop here because we need to make many decisions.

Alphabet is in. The big tradeable tech is Mathematics. I think we can trade for it. Note that Huayna already has Currency!

I think we need to decide how we're going to go about the game diplomatically. I think we want to take out Hatty. We're just going to compete with her for land. Plus, she has the great wall. Maybe we could get a spy.

There are no available wonders right now. How about settling the Engineer in Moscow?

Also, don't forget to unassign scientists if we're going to go pure military for a while. (Or do we want to put out some more settlers and wait for Construction/Catapults?) Hatty seems the obvious first target to me.

Attached Files:

5. ·Imhotep·

·Imhotep· Legendary Builder

As for the GE I think we should head for literature and rush the Great Library with it. With all those points out for wonders a GE is always handy. I think it is better to wait for Catapults before taking on Hatty. She's creative, and that means all her cities will have at least 40% cultural defense by now. We'd need a lot of troops to achieve anything. I think it is better to wait and build up for now. I agree though that once we have Cats then Hatty must die. tech choice would be Polytheism => Literature for the Great Library. Maybe we can pick up Polytheism and Math via trading.

The Roster

1. ·Imhotep· >> on deck
    2. berserks01
    3. Compromise >> Just played
    6. GreyFox >> UP

Please ping us if you can get back on the roster

4. Lucky1972
    5. shyuhe

6. GreyFox

GreyFox Make it so ...

Got it. Will play tomorrow. Happy new year, everyone.

7. Compromise

Compromise Emperor

Using the GE for the G Lib is a fine plan. Since we're delaying the assimilation of Egypt, how about running scientists for research? We've got the libs and don't need the troops just yet.

We can probably afford to put out another settler or two. The workers have done a good job of cottaging most of our existing cities.

8. GreyFox

GreyFox Make it so ...

First off, the trades.

Yes, I know abt WFYABTA limits ... but a few civs already has alphabet, so I wanted to maximize on alphabet. Plus I wanted the gold from Huayna. Getting some backfill of techs now is better than nothing in the future ... plus we are going out tech the AI once we get out of the war anyway, and we possibly want diplo, so WFYABTA is not too much of a concern.

The gold from Huayna is used to fund faster research to Literature, which gives us this:

Speaking of which, I forgot to check for Literature trade :blush: .... so next player please do so before pressing enter.

Meanwhile, someone got busy as well.

Of interest is the Sistine Chapel (possibly built by Hatty since she is is the one who founded Christianity), and the war between KK and Washy.

Not to be left alone, we got some action as well:

This revealed yet another black culture border towards the SW. The barb city money is also used to fund Construction, which we should get in 2 turns. Time to start pumping those cats. I think we have enough swords and axes. We may need some archers for city defense (especially upon capturing cities).

Note also that Hatty has War Chariots, so we may want to pump more spears.

Attached Files:

9. Compromise

Compromise Emperor

Looks like a great turnset.

Trade away Lit and then let's get the cats online. To the Sistine Chapel!

10. berserks01

Nice turns there Fox :goodjob:

I think if we wait a few more turns, barbs will probably settle those cities for us. We should just concentrate on growing our existing cities, increasing our tech rate, and building up our army.

11. GreyFox

GreyFox Make it so ...

Well, I haven't been building any settlers. Mostly swords/axe/spears/archers and occasional beakers to get Literature 1 turn earlier.

Once construction is in, we should be going full force into cats whipping mode, and may be to lower science to 0% to sustain the initial troops-out-of-border cost. In view of that, CoL is a pretty high-priority tech to get next. Maybe it is available for trade.

--

12. berserks01

Immy, you there?

If you can't take it by tonite, I'll grab it.

13. ·Imhotep·

Didn't notice I was up actually :( Go ahead and grab it, I'll play after you. Sorry for the delay !

14. berserks01

Ok, got it then. Will play and post in about 4 hours.

15. ·Imhotep·

16. berserks01

Took a quick look around, everything looks good. Only made one change to stop St. Petersburg from starving. What the heck happened, Fox???? You're slipping guy!!!! I usually just hit enter when playing after you, now I have to clean up your mess too????? :lol:

Checked up Khan. He and HC are the only ones with HBR but refuses to trade it for Lit+Meditation. Had to settle for this instead

Here's the tech differences

... HC is scary. However, no one would give us Calendar for our techs and we don't have wine anywhere so I didn't even bother with Monarchy.

Construction came in, and I start CoL.

Kublai came with a request

I thought about it for awhile ... but Hatty is currently much stronger than Washington, so we need to take her down before she gets any stronger. So I turned him down.

We got a GE at Moscow. He can bulb MC, but I'll await the team's decision.

HC rang us up for a health trade

Look what we have here. I knew the barbs will settle our cities for us if we waited, and it's at a good location too. I very nice farm city with 2 seafood resources and horses.

Hatty stopped by with a stupid request, and was quickly turned down.

CoL came in, and I set research to Calendar for some much needed luxuries.

Assimilated Assyrian

We do have a slight situation at Vandal, but nothing the archer and sword there can't handle.

I've only been building pults and archers as soon as we got CoL, so we probably only need a few more before starting the war.

Attached Files:

17. GreyFox

GreyFox Make it so ...

As I recall, I was alternating between working on the farm and not for st petersburg to avoid it exceeding the happy cap. Isn't it obvious? Must I tell you every bit of tactics I am using for your puny mind to comprehend? :lol: Just kidding on the last part (but I think the first part was indeed the reason ... can't be sure, it was a while since I played).

Looking very good. We should really be whipping courthouse throughout now that we have CoL. Ofcourse the overflow will go to the cats. I think we can declare on the next turnset.

--

18. Compromise

Compromise Emperor

I guess I'd stay on troop production from the core cities and whip courthouses as needed in Egypt to get rid of unhappy citizens. Courthouses are so hammer-expensive.

I think we're ready for Egypt.

19. berserks01

Here, when I said CoL, obviously I meant Constructions :p We have 5 pults with 3 more on the way, so next turn is very well a DoW turn. The assimulated barb cities should spawn courthouses as well.

20. ·Imhotep·