[RD] DNC v. Trump, Russia, Wikileaks et al

Good god, please keep up. We were talking about Wikileaks. Not Trump. You tried to derail the conversation into talking about Hillary Clinton, because of course you did. Please be quiet and go away.

I said this:

Hillary's campaign timed their dirt on Trump

We were talking about Trump and Hillary... Do you see wikileaks in that sentence? You accused the Trumps of huddling with the Russians to time the release of emails and I pointed out how she timed releasing dirt on Trump for their debate.

This is asinine. She didn't obtain her dirt from hackers, so the rest of your post is irrelevant because it is missing key facts that would be necessary to equate the two things as you are attempting to do.

What two things am I equating? Trump and Hillary, or Hillary and wikileaks?

Ugh. I wish people would pay attention to the conversation.

Wikileaks can and should publish emails, even if they are sure they were obtained illegally.

Where it crosses the line is when they selectively publish the illegally obtained emails, working in concert with the people who provided those emails, in order to influence the outcome of the presidential election. Then they're part of the conspiracy, not champions of transparency.

If they chose to wait until after the election, wouldn't they still be influencing the outcome by hanging onto the emails? Seems their credibility would take a serious hit if they held onto information about Hillary, I imagine they'd be accused of trying to influence the outcome of an election by hiding dirt.

We were talking about Trump and Hillary... Do you see wikileaks in that sentence? You accused the Trumps of huddling with the Russians to time the release of emails and I pointed out how she timed releasing dirt on Trump for their debate.

YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT THINGS IRRELEVANT TO THE CONVERSATION. Period. The people huddling were the Russians and Wikileaks. You brought up irrelevant crap. I was not talking about either of those things. You may have posted about them, but I was not talking about that at all. THEY WERE TOTALLY IRRELEVANT TO THE CONVERSATION.

If they chose to wait until after the election, wouldn't they still be influencing the outcome by hanging onto the emails? Seems their credibility would take a serious hit if they held onto information about Hillary, I imagine they'd be accused of trying to influence the outcome of an election by hiding dirt.

Irrelevant. No need to speculate about what they might have done. We know what they did. They selectively released emails on a timed editorial schedule for maximum effect on the outcome of the election. They tried to influence the outcome of the election.

They also did hold onto thousands of Hillary emails that were never released. Further underscoring their total lack of transparency.

Last edited:
Ugh. I wish people would pay attention to the conversation.

Wikileaks can and should publish emails, even if they are sure they were obtained illegally.

Where it crosses the line is when they selectively publish the illegally obtained emails, working in concert with the people who provided those emails, in order to influence the outcome of the presidential election. Then they're part of the conspiracy, not champions of transparency.
Are you saying (as I think Sommer said earlier) that you think that wikileaks has received information and is not releasing it because it is embarrassing to some group they support (Russia, Trump)? This would be a serious criticism of wikileaks, but for this to be true it would require that there be no other avenue for people to release this data. That may be the case, but if it is then bringing down wikileaks is doing more harm than good, and the solution surely should be to start a really unbiased wikileaks clone.

Latest news... Omarosa was apparently using her cell phone to tape meetings while she was on White House staff. This is not some new revelation, but what is new news, is that she has released the actual recording of her firing by Chief of Staff John Kelly wherein he delivers some pretty poorly veiled threats against her. She's intimated that she has evidence that implicates the administration in various shenanigans and cover-ups... this should be entertaining :popcorn:

I like how Omarosa knows she is a totally unreliable witness, and if she doesn't have recordings nobody will believe a word she says. And knows that recording Trump might provide stuff with which to nail his ass to the wall. It's an interesting display of self-awareness from someone who otherwise seemed to be deep into the Trump Kool-Aid.

It's also funny, although not necessarily "ha ha" funny, that she was able to take her cell phone into the Situation Room. That's a pretty stupefying breach of protocol and the fact that it was allowed to happen is just breathtaking incompetence. I have a feeling that John Kelly has a very uncomfortable Congressional hearing in his future.

And the republicans after hearing all the evidence say:What about Her emails? What about Baaaaaaaannngghhaaaaaazzzziiiiiiii?!?!?

I like how Omarosa knows she is a totally unreliable witness, and if she doesn't have recordings nobody will believe a word she says. And knows that recording Trump might provide stuff with which to nail his ass to the wall. It's an interesting display of self-awareness from someone who otherwise seemed to be deep into the Trump Kool-Aid.

It's also funny, although not necessarily "ha ha" funny, that she was able to take her cell phone into the Situation Room. That's a pretty stupefying breach of protocol and the fact that it was allowed to happen is just breathtaking incompetence. I have a feeling that John Kelly has a very uncomfortable Congressional hearing in his future.
Omarosa never struck me as a Kool-Aid drinker... I always pegged her for a cynical, seasoned, reality show opportunist who was riding the Trump train for everything it was worth until the wheels fell off.

If she had not torched her credibility/likeability during The Apprentice, she would have made an even better Kellyanne Conway (as impossible as that sounds).
Shove over, Sommerswerd, and pass the popcorn. :popcorn:
:)Here ya go... I'm going for a slushee... you want me to grab you one or a soda or anything? Let me know what I miss.

If she had not torched her credibility/likeability during The Apprentice, she would have made an even better Kellyanne Conway (as impossible as that sounds).

QFT
The whole "black woman as a mouthpiece for Trump thing" would have made millions of racists feel really confident that they're not racist, too.

Oh they already trumpet out every woman or minority appointed by Trump as proof he isn't racist, and/or as something "feminists" and "liberals" are hypocritical for not praising. As if it doesn't matter that a minority female border patrol head under Trump is going to be a human rights abuser.

If she had not torched her credibility/likeability during The Apprentice, she would have made an even better Kellyanne Conway (as impossible as that sounds).:)Here ya go... I'm going for a slushee... you want me to grab you one or a soda or anything? Let me know what I miss.
What even is Conway's job?

Hopefully for her it's something like "make empty threats of legal action against various enemies of the administration while simultaneously leaking everything that comes across her phone to Philip Rucker", because if that's the case, she's doing great.

Speech of the Ecuatorian president:

So, basically they expelled him for being a sponger.

No, he has said he cant be extradited to a country were he can face death penalty. If US agree they wont apply death penalty in this case Assange will probably be extradited.

No, he has said he cant be extradited to a country were he can face death penalty.
Yeah. What country could that be?

If US agree they wont apply death penalty in this case Assange will probably be extradited.
This means precisely nothing. Who of US officials can and would give such guarantees? And to whom? UK didn't ask for it, nobody else can decide whether he will be extradited or not.

ANY official speaking as such. International relations between civilized countries work like that.

ANY official speaking as such. International relations between civilized countries work like that.
I have no doubt the two "civilized countries" will quickly find the common ground on this matter.
And we know well how one of them may treat its prisoners.

And anyone who trusts a written guarantee from the Trump Administration is a moron.

Top Bottom