1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Do AI get free Prophets?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by CypherEnigma, Jun 30, 2017.

1. CypherEnigma

CypherEnigma Chieftain

Stonehenge is gone 2/4 religions founded.I have 11 turns as Poland for religion and the next AI 17 then 48. On the next turn someone builds Oracle and gets a religion (Sunni so prob Arab). I'm only on emperor, do they really get that huge bonus? They would need around 1000 faith or even more gold to buy it. They took my Jesuit education, feels bad man :(

I have too much time since I'm upset by this XD

2. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Deity

It seems that Oracle's discount enables him to faith-rush it.

3. CypherEnigma

CypherEnigma Chieftain

Yea it seems so, but he would have needed around 1000 faith after the 25% cost reduction. Is this the reason the AI can spam missionaries and apostles, they get a bazillion free faith?
    EDIT: They also upgraded the religion instantly... no other AI has and they have a full 4 bonus religion instantly..... come on...

4. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Deity

If he is at 26(+2)/60 GP point, he got 30 at that turn, and hurry cost is 450 faith, with Oracle he only need to pay 337 faith instead of 1,000.

5. CypherEnigma

CypherEnigma Chieftain

Was at turn 60, for me the cost was 1100 and I was 6 turns ahead of the AI. I made a multiplayer save of it to check. Arabia is making 46 faith per turn with 2 faith suzerains and 4 holy sites. I think I need to go play on settler :p

6. legalizefreedom

legalizefreedom Inefficiency Expert

That is ridiculous. No way the AI should have that much stuff by turn 60 even if that is all they have. It's not possible to build 4 holy sites in the first 60 turns...

Pythakoreas likes this.
  7. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Don't be so sure. Emperor AI (the level the OP referenced) starts with 2 settlers and 1 builder, 2 free techs, 2 free civics, 40% production and gold bonuses, and 16% tech, culture and faith bonuses. AI pops out a couple more settlers for its 3rd and 4th cities and prioritizes Holy Sites in all 4 cities....

8. stormerne

stormerne is just a Retired Moderator

"Only" on Emperor? There's no shame in that. In fact many people, like me, who can win at all levels, often choose to play at Emperor because they get more time to enjoy the richness of the game. :yup:

@Browd is right about the AI bonuses (and about not being so sure!). The full list for all difficulties is here.

legalizefreedom, Abraxis and xISOADIx like this.
  9. Yzman

Yzman Deity

It wasn't the last religion right? You are just upset because they took your jesuit education?

10. CypherEnigma

CypherEnigma Chieftain

No, 2/4 were gone. If you read the thread " I made a multiplayer save of it to check. Arabia is making 46 faith per turn with 2 faith suzerains and 4 holy sites." so I'm just bad at the game, Arabia had a very good start, that's all.