Do barb camps spawn invasion forces anymore?

Starwars

Prince
I don't think I've seen this happen since GS came out. Even if a scout makes it back to camp, the camps don't start spawning the invasion forces. They will spawn the occasional extra unit, just like they always did. But I don't think I've seen the "triggered barbarian camp" state at all since GS.

Anyone else?

I also haven't seen them spawn an invasion force since GS came out. I don't even bother to intercept Scouts anymore since there aren't any consequences for them seeing my cities and reporting back to camp.

Now that you all mentioned it, yes, I don't recall seeing anything resembling barbarian difficulty levels previous to GS... bug or catering to the "nerf barbs!" crowd?

No,they don't spawn invasion force like before. You use to be able to see barb camps in the ice around the edges be ten strong with a battering ram. Now they seem to be less units, but more likely to be up to date as far as tech. I have yet to see one of the usual 3 horsemen/2 horse archer spawns that were a pain in R&F. I guess the "Barb's are OP" whining got results.

It's probably just a bug, though. There wasn't a patch note about it.

I believe they said sometimes along the line of, a scout sees your city and returns to the camp. upon returning some units are made, and raid. if they make it back to their camp again, a massive invasion happens.

anyways, i will agree barbs aren't as threatening in GS. TBF, i really enjoyed mass barb invasions. I enjoyed the challenge.(i normally play king/emperor)

Yeah, changed my opening quite a bit. I used to bang out three slingers and beeline archery just because of this. Now I tend to go scout slinger builder and get archery whenever I get to it.

I guess the "Barb's are OP" whining got results.

Exactly my fears. Same happened with the "OMG trade is broken!" whine because strats costed more. Now they are as cheap as a banana.

Anyways, reported on the Bugs subforum.

Exactly my fears. Same happened with the "OMG trade is broken!" whine because strats costed more. Now they are as cheap as a banana.

But trade was actually broken, though. You could trade N gpt for M gpt where M > N. You could get ridiculous payments for open borders, luxuries, etc. It was entirely messed up.

Yes, this is definitely broken. I've seen scouts with the warning symbol over them circle their original barbs camp and produce nothing. I like it though. Civ VI barbarians have always been way too ridiculous for my enjoyment. I think it's my favourite change in the expansion.

But trade was actually broken, though. You could trade N gpt for M gpt where M > N. You could get ridiculous payments for open borders, luxuries, etc. It was entirely messed up.

Granted, it needed some adjustment, but now strats being as cheap as a banana is not broken?

Yes, this is definitely broken. I've seen scouts with the warning symbol over them circle their original barbs camp and produce nothing. I like it though. Civ VI barbarians have always been way too ridiculous for my enjoyment. I think it's my favourite change in the expansion.

Seriously? The only "tacAI" that was somewhat challenging and you wanted it gone? :rolleyes:

Seriously? The only "tacAI" that was somewhat challenging and you wanted it gone? :rolleyes:

Yep. Being forced into the same build order every game isn't fun. Plus the barbs often hamstrung other civs and CSes more often than they took me down.

It's definitely too passive now, but I'll take too passive over too aggressive any day, since one allows more freedom than the other.

Just goes to show some of you like passive barbs, others like the challenge.
I liked when we could select the level of barb aggressiveness. Some games I'd go for raging others I'd go for the low level whatever it was called, just depended on my mood and the game I felt like playing.

Top Bottom