Do certain medical/health terms make you want to faint?

Bast

Protector of Cats
I'm not talking about seeing things. It's an entirely different thing. Surprisingly, I'm okay with seeing things.

It's when there is discussion involving words like: HIV, testosterone, reproduction, fertility, hormones, etc...

I was reading about 2D:4D ratio - if you don't know what it is, it's just the ratios of your fingers - and I felt sick like light-headed, like I'm going to faint. Not disgusted. Just from reading, isn't that weird?

I'm not talking about seeing things. It's an entirely different thing. Surprisingly, I'm okay with seeing things.

It's when there is discussion involving words like: HIV, testosterone, reproduction, fertility, hormones, etc...

I was reading about 2D:4D ratio - if you don't know what it is, it's just the ratios of your fingers - and I felt sick like light-headed, like I'm going to faint. Not disgusted. Just from reading, isn't that weird?
Yes, that's pretty damn weird.

I get slightly queasy when reading/hearing about hearts and less so, circulation. not blood but circulation.

I know people who faint when actual medical acts are performed on them (usually involving needles), but it's the first time I've heard about someone who get these symptoms simply reading about medical terms...

I once felt faint reading about a blood transfusion attempt in the middle ages. Watching surgeries sometimes makes me queasy.
And I have a condition where I faint if a specific nerve in my mouth has a needle put into it. It's quite amusing, because I can get dental work done all over my mouth, but if the one region needs work, then I need 15min more just to deal with passing out.

Anything involving needles or injuries to the crotch makes me queasy.

Ever have a bad injury to your hands, or seen a bad injury to someone another's hands?

Needles, always... even just hearing about them make me feel queasy.

Interesting side note, a girl fainted in my Anatomy and physiology class today, and we were talking about bones (more specifically the procedure where they break your bnes to make you taller)

Female circumcision... *Shudders*

Whenever I think of someone with one of those halo things I feel really uncomfortable. Forget about actually seeing it, I refuse. Someone could probably chase me from room to room with one of those on.

The only terms that genuinely make me feel queasy are those having to do with testicular maladies, like this one:

Testicular Torsion.:cringe:

In testicular torsion the spermatic cord that provides the blood supply to a testicle is twisted, cutting off the blood supply, often causing orchialgia. Prolonged testicular torsion will result in the death of the testicle and surrounding tissues.

:vomit:

I'm pretty squeamish.

No words in particular, but certain discussions are pretty high on my uncomfortable list. Pretty much anything involving surgery and so forth.

And I'm pretty glad I didn't have to take any bio courses after freshman year of high school.

The only terms that genuinely make me feel queasy are those having to do with testicular maladies, like this one:

I knew a guy who had that happen.

Mine is anything that messes with my ears. not touching them, but anything poking inside freaks me out, badly.

for me it would have to be anything involving a rib spreader... it just seems wrong on so many levels.

Your OP reminds me of this sketch.

Top Bottom