1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Do/Did you wear braces?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by The 777 Hoax, Jun 14, 2006.

?

Do/Did you wear braces on your teeth?

1. Yes, but not anymore

44 vote(s)
    47.8%
  2. Yes, I do currently

8 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. No, I never have

40 vote(s)
    43.5%
  1. The 777 Hoax

The 777 Hoax future skeleton

Braces on your teeth, I mean.

I've had them on for over a year and I hate them. Right now, they've caused the roots of my teeth to be slanted so they have to reposition the brackets or something like that. Not fun.

2. Cuivienen

Cuivienen Deity

Never. I have great teeth :D (Don't have to have my wisdom teeth pulled, either.)

3. The 777 Hoax

I haven't had any teeth pulled (yet), thank goodness. My friend has though and he said it hurt a lot.

4. Tycoon101

Tycoon101 Loves being STRONG

Same thing with me, my teeth are dandy! :D

5. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

No, and never have or will. I have textbook teeth according to my dentist.

6. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

I've never had any cavities or anything except for routine check-ups other than my wisdom teeth pulled. When I got them pulled, it didn't hurt at all. They hooked me up to an IV, which knocked me out pretty quickly. When I woke up after the operation, I was pretty "happy" for a few hours.

Even afterwards didn't hurt, just being unable to smile, laugh, eat, or suck through straws was annoying for a few days.

7. Tycoon101

Tycoon101 Loves being STRONG

:confused: How did you survive without eating or drinking?

8. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

I rule! I've never had a problem with my teeth. :D I dont even brush my teeth that regularly! :D:D:D

9. The 777 Hoax

Sick!!! :p

10. Aramazd

Aramazd Deity

I used to have braces and I had to have my canines pulled.

11. YNCS

YNCS Ex-bubblehead

I had braces when I was a teenager. Even now, 40 years later, I never show my teeth when I smile, because I was so self-conscious about the braces.

12. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I used to wear braces.

13. WildFire

WildFire amour

I wore em for a couple years then they said I was awesome and they removed them.

14. Godwynn

Godwynn March to the Sea

I did, but I never wore the retainer afterwards, so my teeth have reverted back to their original state.

15. The 777 Hoax

Dang, that blows. I hope mine don't do that because my teeth used to be UGLY.

16. shortguy

shortguy It's a working title

No, but I should have had them. The orthodontist told me in 9th grade that I didn't really need them but that they would help, but I chickened out. I saw him again in 11th or 12th grade, and he said the same thing. I probably woul've gotten braces then, except that he said that I would have to lose one of my (lower) front teeth. That idea didn't appeal to me, so I didn't get them. My teeth, especially my lowers, are pretty messed up.

17. Vinc

Vinc Prince

I've worn braces for about two or three years in high school. It wasn't that bad. I've had a lot of teeth problems over the years so I guess it was just one more of that and I didn't really care all that much. I still was pretty happy when they were removed though.

Now I think I'm supposed to have my wisdom teeth removed at some point, I'm so excited about it...

18. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

Braces suck. I had them for 2 or 3 years. At one point in February, they asked me when my birthday was (I told them it was the end of May). They asked me if I wanted them off then. My thought was "Can I have them off now?", but I said yes. Then I broke them, which forced me to come back in May to simply repair them. I finally got them off in November. There is nothing fun about braces (I wasn't self-conscious about how I looked because its not like I was the only one who had them, but they were uncomfortable and, when I first got them and, whenever I got them tightened, my teeth hurt when I ate).

I'm supposed to wear a retainer the rest of my life, but I decided I was done having anything to do with it. I wore my retainer on and off for about two months, then I stopped completely. I think my teeth have started to go back to how they were, but it isn't terrible (I don't think it will ever be as bad as it was). I don't care either way, since I'm done with braces (my parents might care a bit, though, since they paid for them).

19. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Now, how many of you did not like the idea of having braces slaped on your face?

I know I did not like the idea ;)

20. adog

adog Prince

I wore those horrible things for 3 years!