Do District Adjacency Bonuses Stack?

When you first place a district, is whatever adjacency bonus shows when you first build it the permanent value?

I like to build Harbors first, so that Commercial Hubs can gain the adjacency bonus from the former. I tend to do Theater Squares last because I'd rather have a Wonder or a few districts up to have any kind of bonus. On that note, do these bonuses increase as you build more districts or set them up in ways to get more yields?

Yes, the adjacency bonuses will get always updated.
In your example with your harbor next to your city center, you will get the +2 gold for the cc and +1/2 gold for the adjacent district, which will get rounded down to zero. Your harbor will produce 2 gold.

If you place later a commercial hub adjacent to the harbor and the cc, your will have +2 g for cc and 2*1/2 = +1g for adjacent districts, now giving in total +3g.
Your CH will give the same amount (+2g for harbor + 2*1/2 g for adjacent districts [+2 g for adjacent river if there is one]).

That is the same for every single district. In most cases the bonuses go up with additional districts, but getting rid of forest, jungles and mines/quarries without replacing it with sth similiar, your adjacency bonuses for your HS, Campuses and IZs can decrease ...

If the commerce hub is also adjacent to a river in addition the the harbor it will give +5 gold. CC/Harbor/CH is the most powerful arrangement in the game, imo.

Top Bottom