1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Do extra luxury copies help additional cities?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bbbt, Oct 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Warlord

If extra copies don't benefit you at all, why can the AI trade me a luxury I already have?

2. Lucius_

Lucius_ Chieftain

Extra copies don't provide amenities. I know it's been said but the more that say it, I think the better. I've tested it earlier this evening and they do not. That said, it's not the end of the world. It's not CiV happiness and it's not 4 city max. Entertainment districts actually can provide far more amenities than luxuries, considering the zoo and stadium provide to 6 tile range. A city cluster of 4 cities, with entertainment districts, can provide a total of 52 amenities to those 4 cities. As Aztecs, with their bonus of 6 city amenities instead of just 4, I didn't build a single entertainment district until ~t300. I had 10 cities. I did have some luxury trades on and off. I also had the huey tuey (whatever) wonder that gave 1 city an additional +3 from the nearby lake. Prior to getting neighborhoods and super farms, most of my cities were sitting at happy or ecstatic the whole game.

I was originally concerned with a 4 city optimal strategy coming about prior to release, but now that I've played the game, I can guarantee it's not an issue, at least at King and below. Not sure if there are differences in amenities at higher levels.

3. stiiknafuulia

stiiknafuulia Chieftain

This is one of the worst decisions they could possibly have made, and yet they made it... *SMDH* Now there's no reason to have extra copies for your own cities, and you must do tedious trades every 30 turns to get rid of the extra luxuries! :mad::sad:

LDiCesare likes this.
  4. ExemplarVoss

ExemplarVoss Chieftain

Playing the game, I don't really see this as an issue. There are lots of paths to amenities, and I think avoiding the 'no effort' route is the better choice.

5. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

From the early access Let's Plays I was led to believe this. And it seemed when I traded away excess resources I had more happiness problems. Maybe that was just my imagination. I've been turning down every trade deal the AI offers because of it (unless I had more than 3 resources as I have 11 cities).

6. Cyon

Cyon Cosmonaut

Would have preferred if first copy gave you 4 amenity, second 2, third fourth fifth... 1.

Or 4,3,2,1,0

Would be a good compromise.

Tlplw717 likes this.
  7. Lord Katana

Lord Katana Chieftain

I got a game where i have twelve cities and three amenity sources with three copies each (confirmed in trade window). I also run the retainer civic card and have an archer in each of the twelve cities. I also have a boost from one of the city states that make bonus resources also yield amenities.

So the way i figure it, i should have at least four amenities per city right?

So what is going on? Bug or am i missing something?

[edit]
    btw, playing on immortal if that makes a difference..

8. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Each luxury can provide only 4 amenities. Extra copies do not provide any additional benefit. Since this is not a bug, I'll merge your post with the discussion thread where all of this is explored and explained.

Moderator Action: Merged with existing luxuries thread.