Do friendly spies counter enemy missions?

Like the title says... does the presence of a friendly spy make enemy missions more difficult or more expensive? The Civilopedia kind of suggests it ("helps thwart rival spies" in the Spy description), but it doesn't mention anything about it in the detailed section on Espionage. Has anyone WB'd it to check? I'd check myself, but I'm in the middle of a war right now and don't want to reveal anything I shouldn't see.

I believe (not sure, though) that your own spies on your own soil just increase the chance of the enemy spy being caught.

I don't believe that they change any of the actual values for enemy spy missions.

If you have a spy of your own in the city it increases the chance of catching the enemy spy. The security bureau building also has this effect. They don't stack though - one spy or a security bureau in the city is the best defence you can get.

If you have a spy of your own in the city it increases the chance of catching the enemy spy. The security bureau building also has this effect. They don't stack though - one spy or a security bureau in the city is the best defence you can get.
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. Now that the war's over, I went ahead and verified it with WB as well. So yeah... no point in paying for spies once you've got a Bureau apart from the ones that will actually perform missions.

edit: ...or camp on valuable resources.

Top Bottom