Do Great Generals always spawn in the Capital?

I've had them appear in other cities (often a city closer to where the "action" is), but no idea about the game mechanic that drives that.

After the first Great General, mine never appear in my capital again. They do always appear in a larger population city, however.

Appears random to me. Some correlation with distance to action though.

i have often found myself frustrated because my great general will spawn as far away as possible from the action and it takes me several turns to get him where the battle is going on...or worse sometimes I can't get him there because it is too treacherous...neutral land between cities.

does anyone know the actual formula for where he spawns?

Yea I'm mainly wondering if I'm waging war on a different continent from my capital (but have a satellite city on that continent) will my Great General spawn on the continent where the fighting is?

Yea I'm mainly wondering if I'm waging war on a different continent from my capital (but have a satellite city on that continent) will my Great General spawn on the continent where the fighting is?

Almost certainly no. Unless that satellite city has grown to become a very large city.

I actually have the worst luck with Great Admirals when they spawn. They are sooooo sloooooow compared to ships post-Medieval.

Top Bottom