1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Do mine eyes deceive me... has the overlapping military issue been solved?

Discussion in 'Old World' started by Stringer1313, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 King

Do mine eyes deceive me, or has OW solved the eternal 4x dilemma that plagues every single non-space 4x game from the dawn of Civilization I???

In the latest version, I was able to land a unit ON TOP OF ANOTHER AI'S UNIT and remain there because we were not at war with each other. This allowed me to go through a one hex mountain pass which the AI unit was parked at. This means that peaceful AI units can no longer randomly block hexes you need to go on to!!!!!!!

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!! In lo these 35 years, I had no idea that it was technologically even possible to have a player military unit and AI military unit be on top of each other. I thought such a computer program algorithm was simply mathematically impossible.

(Yes I'm being sarcastic, in a good way to OW.)

2. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

You could do that in all Civ games until 1UPT arrived in Civ V!!