Do mods still disable achievements?

oPunchDrunko

Prince
It's been about a year since I've played and I remember that if you used any mods it would prevent you from getting any achievements. I'm probably gonna fire Civ 5 up in again in a few days and I'm just wondering if this is still the case.

Why would anyone use mods to get an achievement? Isn't that kinda like cheating?

Why would anyone use mods to get an achievement? Isn't that kinda like cheating?

I think you misunderstand what I was saying. I don't want to use mods to get achievements. I would just like to get achievements even though I'm using mods. After all, I do like getting achievements in games. It gives me something to work towards :D

Well. There's one achievement for downloading a mod. And another for using it.

So mods disable 99.99% of achievements, but are essential for 00.01%

And to heck with achievements. Mods are way too fun to give up for some "blang blang, noob!" on your steam page.

If you create a DLC ModPack out of your mods, then you can play with achievements (and multiplayer) I haven't tried it myself, but it should work with vast majority of mods, just google it.

I can understand why they wouldn't want total conversion mods to count for cheevos, but something as innocuous as a map script (love Tectonic & Perfect World 3) disables them as well.

Top Bottom