do not convert my cities when I'm not actively converting is considered break of promise?

Stilgar08

Emperor
Hey,
don't know if this is considered a bug or a feature but:

Harald just denounced on me because he did ask me to stop converting his cities, after I used a missionary on Bergen. I apologized and didn't do anything.
Due to high pressure from my cities one of his cities flipped to my Ohanaism but I didn't use any missionaries on him anymore... Promise broken...:hmm:

I've had some weirdness with this too.
I think the AI is treating any city that has it's religion as belonging to it for the purposes of diplomacy - I keep getting denounced for converting my own cities back.

This also applies to AI religious units suiciding on your own, causing the AI to lose pressure and you to gain despite no active actions on your behalf.

It's just one of the issues with religion but this one seems fairly easy to fix, "spreading religion" should mean just that - actively using Missionary or Apostle "spreads" on AI cities.

Passive pressure and religious combat , regardless of who initiated it, is rendered meaningless if you're getting endless diplomatic penalties and denouncements from the AI as a result. At that point why not just declare war (you already have a free Causus Belli!) and mow down all their religious units with some cavalry and eliminate their religious pressure in one quick swoop. Why waste the Faith on religious combat when a single military unit will do?

to add to that: Norway founded Protestantism - but sends Ohanaism-missionaries around although his holy city is alive and kicking... I'm fine with that for my first game but feels like cheating. He has a holy site and stonehenge in Nidaros Holy City of protestantism....

Top Bottom