Do Palastinians get the vote?

zulu9812

The Newbie Nightmare
Ages ago, before the war, Blair went on an MTV 'youth forum' and took questions from a studio audience. When questioned on the legitimacy of invading Iraq to get rid of brutal oppressor who murders people in his own country whilst allowing Israel to proceed down that same route, Tony Blair replied that in Israel the people live in a fair and balanced democracy. Does that mean that Palastinians are allowed to vote?

i believe all Israeli citizens can vote. Palestineans can become Israeli citizens. however, many Plaestineans choose not to vote for some reason :rolleyes:.

if a Chinese guy is born in Israel, then i believe he is automatically an Israeli citizen. jews can become citizens instantly. a person of Palistinean blood living in Israel for x ammount of years can become a citizen, and one born there is automatically a citizen.

Originally posted by zulu9812
What do you define as Israel? If a Palastinian is born in the West Bank, does he count as being born in Israel?

Only if you recognize it as a legitimate part of Israel, otherwise no.

Originally posted by cgannon64
If they all voted wouldn't they be a majority?

including people from gaza and the West Bank, yes. otherwise, no.

Irsael was created for jews to have their own state and govern themselves. I don't think they're going to give that up- especially since many of the people in question would like nothing better than to see the jews "driven into the sea." I have a feeling jews would say democracy be damned, and in their shoes I would agree.

Well, at least theyre willing to drive them to the sea and wont force them to take a taxi or a bus.

Originally posted by Dumb pothead
Well, at least theyre willing to drive them to the sea and wont force them to take a taxi or a bus.
On what your statement is based on ? According to the massive demonstration we've seen today in Israel, Israelis want to expell Palestinians out of the West Bank. I don't consider such statements as any good arguments about it. I'm sorry.

I wonder how many checkpoints the Isrealies would have to stop at on that drive into the sea.

The "sorry" I gave you was just a way to express my mercy on the weakness of your argument. ;)

It wasnt so much an argument as it was another weak attempt on my part to inject a little humor into a dry, neverending debate. But I forgive you anyway;);)

Irsael was created for jews to have their own state and govern themselves.

And South Africa was created especially for white people :rolleyes:

Honestly, as a Jew, I am ashamed by the Jewish race rhetoric coming from Israel-supporters as much as by that coming from antiSemites.

Is it just ok for Jews because of the "Pity us please" syndrome?

The idea of a state founded by and for a specific ethnic group, religion, etc, in any case BUT Israel would be seen in a - er - "not so nice" light, don't you think? But with Israel it's a-ok.

Originally posted by Marla_Singer
On what your statement is based on ? According to the massive demonstration we've seen today in Israel, Israelis want to expell Palestinians out of the West Bank. I don't consider such statements as any good arguments about it. I'm sorry.

I think he was being sacastic.

Top Bottom