do some leaders forget more easily?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by jeejeep, Feb 13, 2006.

1. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

Has anyone noticed if diplomatic bonuses and penalties go away more quickly with some leaders than with others?

2. Zekrazey1

Zekrazey1 Chieftain

I havn't paid so much attention as to notice that, but I did notice that I didn't get a penanlty for refusing to help Gandhi in a war (twice in the same game).

3. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

they forget differently depending on the difficulty level from what i remember.

4. jeejeep

jeejeep qwertyuiop

Thanks, do you know any specifics?

5. ShaLouZa

ShaLouZa Warlord

I didn't even notice that leaders were forgetting things. AFAIK, except for the religious bonus/malus which vanish once you've instaured free cult or switched religion, they remember forever that 4000 years ago you didn't give them whatever they were asking. There are some differences between the leaders on what gives you a bonus/malus or not, but once it's here they won't forget. Do they ?

6. kommie

kommie Chieftain

an elephant never forgets... TO KILL!!! :ar15:

but in regards to the topic, i think the AI is meant to forget negatives, depending on what they are. I think penalties are "X turns -1 for blah", that sort of thing. not 100% sure on that one though

7. Adamb0mb

Adamb0mb Lawless

if you look in the xml files that define leader you can see tags that correspond leaders to events to memories.

eg.

<Roosevelt>
    Remember Got_Nuked = 5 turns
    Remember Did_not_trade = 10 turns

and so on for each leader.

... or something like that.

8. Carcosa

Carcosa Chieftain

They seem to forget "You traded with our worst enemy" at a reasonable pace, but I've never seen them lose "You declared war on our friend".

As for Gandhi, he's such a nice guy that he doesn't think worse of you if you reject one of his demands. He's the only AI who does this, however.

9. chewbaccad

chewbaccad Chieftain

I've wondered this as well. I noticed that some leaders seem to "forget" more quickly than others regarding the positive fair trade modifier...