1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Do terrace farms count as farms for adjacency bonuses?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by birbas12, Feb 15, 2019.

1. birbas12

birbas12 Chieftain

Something I've been curious about — can you mix regular farms and terrace farms as Inca for adjacency bonuses?

2. criZp

criZp Warlord

no idea, can't you just give it a try?

3. birbas12

birbas12 Chieftain

I will, but I need to find a few hours for gaming first... probably won't happen until mid next week...

4. Sagax

Sagax Warlord

I think I saw someone posting in the other thread that currently terrace farms do NOT mix with regular farms for adjacency bonus.

5. Sostratus

Sostratus Warlord

C'est moi in the impressions thread - as far as I can tell they do not mix.
    Terrace farms do, however, get the same bonus types farms do at those techs - +1 food for 2 adj terraces at feudalism and +1 food for each adj terrace at repl. parts.

They graphically mingle with regular farms, which is super cool looking. It's unfortunate because it means building the odd lone terrace (say, one hill next to a river for the freshwater bonus) is often a bad idea. Beauty is pain, sometimes.

That said, terraces will give you so much food it's almost not even needed to have them work with farms like this.

6. UWHabs

UWHabs Warlord

Yeah, I played a little Inca last night and by the time I hit Feudalism had a ton of 6 or 8 food terrace farms. If you can get a mountain chain, then each terrace farm will have 2-3 mountains nearby and will border 2 other terrace farms already. I'm not sure on the best min-max for them though when to mix in aqueducts. My gut says trying to get the aqueduct to hit 3 adjacent terrace farms would probably work, since then the aqueduct is worth +6 production, and you're probably only giving up 6-8 food for it normally (say, +1 for the terrace, +2 for mountains, +2 for the food that the farms give to the mountains, and then +1 each from the adjacent terrace farms). Although kind of like the Khmer, always a little weird to manage where to fit in aqueducts, and then to plan on how to build cities to maximize that (ie. settling off-river, since you know you're building the aqueduct in the city anyways).

7. ExemplarVoss

ExemplarVoss Chieftain

Correct. It made me sad.

Especially since I initially thought it did, but that was just a temporary fertility bonus from a coincidental sandstorm.