Do the bombers still take ages to bomb?

Elfdemon

Chieftain
I'm going to play civ5 again. A previous thing I had issue with was the bombers, the animation was extremely long, you had to watch it to taking off from the base and flew all the way to the target and bomb then watch it to flew all the way back. Has this been fixed?

I think it was sped up a bit but it's a bit slow but you can turn animations on and off in game in the options now. I actually turn it on just to watch air battles!

You can tell all bombers to bomb, one by one, and then when one finish bombing, the next will bomb, meanwhile you can go do something else, when you go back the city will be bombeb.

:D

One thing though. When a bomber takes off, he goes to a random direction while making a curve to fly towards its target. However, if the target is right adjacent to the bomber, it will sometimes fly in circles around the target hex, FOREVER. Rarely happens, though.

I think it was sped up a bit but it's a bit slow but you can turn animations on and off in game in the options now. I actually turn it on just to watch air battles!

The speed of the animations haven't changed. Its still very slow. On a related note when i wanted to skip a battle animation i would change to strategic mode and back again. But in Gods & Kings it still takes the length of the animation first. :mad: So no quick skipping.

It's still slow, unfortunately. Yeah, you can turn off animations, but that shouldn't have to happen, because all the other animations in the game that don't involve air units don't take an eternity.

I personally play all my games with quick animation and quick movement.

I play CIV because I enjoy the strategy aspect of it, not the pretty animations. It's a huge time saver as well. xD

Mods offer an alternative. They change the speed of animations.

BTW: I've heard entering strategy mode creates bugs for combat, like units promotions not being in effect.

Mods offer an alternative. They change the speed of animations.

BTW: I've heard entering strategy mode creates bugs for combat, like units promotions not being in effect.
God, I hope not. I play solely in strategic mode. The spirit is willing, but the hardware is weak.

It does the little spin-for-a-good-minute thing with subs pretty much every time one gets bombed in my experience. Really annoying. The sub spins to face it the whole time which looks ridiculous to boot. I tend to avoid bombers precisely because the animations take forever.

I don't like having quick animations on though, because sometimes it really helps to know where enemies are shooting/launching from.

There needs to be a middle option where everything is still animated but the animations are sped way up.

God, I hope not. I play solely in strategic mode. The spirit is willing, but the hardware is weak.

Can't you switch quickly? It's what I do when I want to watch the animations.

Since G&K bombers circle and bomb a few times now - but they are much faster than before in getting to target and waltzing around them unleashing hell form the air.

Maybe I just got lucky.......

Hahahahahahahaha. This. My hardware isn't all that weak on paper but constantly running very, very hot does take its toll. I have to play on strategic mode, or the game crashes twice as much as it does now. The only time I ever switch out is to watch a nuclear weapon explode.

I'm going to play civ5 again. A previous thing I had issue with was the bombers, the animation was extremely long, you had to watch it to taking off from the base and flew all the way to the target and bomb then watch it to flew all the way back. Has this been fixed?
My understanding is that bombing run animations were sped up in a previous patch. I'm 90% sure I read that and that it's correct, however I can't say for sure as I always play quick combat.

The F10 key is the strategic view toggle... about as fast as you can hit that twice is how fast you can skip the animation.

The bomber may move slightly faster than before, but now it will often circle for a second strike, so the animation actually takes longer. And, as before, it actually takes off from the base and flies all the way to the target, instead of just appearing over the target as in Civ IV.

Bombers are lame now anyway. Frigging melee units can deal damage to them. Its so silly and defeats the point of having sams etc for intercepts when any unit you attack can basically intercept.

I personally play all my games with quick animation and quick movement.

I play CIV because I enjoy the strategy aspect of it, not the pretty animations. It's a huge time saver as well. xD

Yeah, at a certain point watching every unit visible to you move and/or attack becomes extremely obnoxious. Air attacks are especially terrible.

Can't you switch quickly? It's what I do when I want to watch the animations.

I can switch fairly quickly and still have to to quickly look at the defense or majority religion of a city, but it's bad enough that scrolling even takes forever.

And yeah...the first time I unleashed bomber hell on Egypt was amazing. The third time...not so much.

I can switch fairly quickly and still have to to quickly look at the defense or majority religion of a city, but it's bad enough that scrolling even takes forever.

And yeah...the first time I unleashed bomber hell on Egypt was amazing. The third time...not so much.

You can see religion as well in strategic view. You only have to zoom in enough.

Top Bottom