Do the citizens approve of political wars?

Do you approve of political wars?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackheart

unenlightened
Do you, as a citizen, approve of political wars?

By political wars I mean blowing things out of proportion and creating over five threads about a subject that can be solved with a simple post, and by masking your action as political correctness. Also by political war I mean accusing people of belonging to secret shadow groups and aristocratic nature.

So what say you, shall we continue down the path to becoming real life politicians, or shall we keep the atmosphere of the game a fun family activity?

Yes
No
Abstain

'Course not!

A little respect, a polite request goes a long way.

The lack of such courtesy is remembered.

-- Ravensfire

I do not approve and do not advocate the use of political wars because it will cause hurt feelings and drive people away from the demogame. Also if it gets heated to a point, a moderator will have to pull out the banning stick.

All what has been done is patching a major hole in the constitution. I honestly believe many citizens would like to be represented by citizens, not someones old buddies.
Laws are to be followed, forum rules abided by and remember this is a democracy game, a government simulation and so on. I am certain what will happen if some of us do the slightest mistake, the smallest formality is pointed out and asked to be corrected. Preferential treatment is not accepted anymore, and would be sought out, commented, discussed, rectified and polled. To call this a political war is a sham, as the nominated candidate has not shown up and registered in time for a full week.

We saw examples last DG that the Judicary made moves to replace the undersigned in an arranged ban, a ploy I will never fall for again, with a Judiciary attempt to replace the chain of command ten minutes after the ban was announced.

However, this is a very clean case where we got 100 citizens, and the second highest position in the Chain of Command. Being accused of hiding behind political correctness is ridiculous, when we see no less than 4-5 legal trespasses successively done.
You do not run for a position unless you want to work in it.

I am most certain I will be heavily scrutinized in my work, but I have learnt my lesson, and will together with Xerol run a smooth culture department with a fair, transparent and clean Wonder and culture war debate following all rules. I am sure I would get special treatment, and will utuilize to point that out to the citizens.
I tried to do this in a clean manner, but met little understanding.

Provolution said:
We saw examples that the Judicary made moves to replace the undersigned in an arranged ban, a ploy I will never fall for again, with a Judiciary attempt to replace the chain of command ten minutes after the ban was announced.

:lol: That's the second belly-laugh you've given me, Provo!

You need to hire an agent for a comedy tour!

-- Ravensfire

Good you endorse the entertainment value Ravensfire :D That is why we are here.
In fact, I do stand ups on occasion in London as a part time job, just ask Cyc.

:lol:
Mods: Could you change my vote from 'yes' to 'no'? I accidentally misread the question(i thought it said disapprove... my bad)

Blackhole :D I am glad the subconscious speaks some times, make it more fun :D

I cannot believe this crap is starting already.

People should take their arguements to the PM's, if at all. Let's play the damn game.

I'm not one to sit around and talk to someone who is likely never to listen to me in the first place.

By the way polling standards 101

*putting on Polling Commission hat*

EVERY Y/N/A poll should have a neutral wording, and be a separate post.
The lobbying post shoud come separately afterwards. I wait for comments from the Polling Commission.

I have to abstain due to the one sided nature of this poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom