1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Vanilla] Do the peace terms they propose tell you how badly the AI is hurting from a war?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Tampico, Oct 23, 2019.

1. rockhpi

rockhpi Chieftain

I recently had the Khmer declare war on me in the very early game and they would never entertain a peace deal. No matter his army strength, no matter his successes or failures. Through the rest of the entire game. So I kind of felt that game was screwy because I was never not at war (and for no good reason).

Pietato likes this.
  2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

I have had this when I forward settle someone a few times. And this area feels like it comes from civ5. When they said you settled in my land you knew they would attack you eventually.
    It seems about expansion, nowhere else sane left to go... or a bug

3. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Deity

Not insane. Ai bonus is very low, they only get huge bonus on starting units, but that's it. After that they don't get enough bonus. If you play Kupe or maybe Rome you can even start being the 1st on everything from T0.

4. PotatoMcWhiskey

PotatoMcWhiskey Chieftain

The AI keeps "score" of all the bad things you've done to them, and measure that against what they've done to you and how relative army sizes are and a bunch of other variables as far as I can tell. Never dug into it in depth.

I've had they AI offer me peace for cash when I had a single privateer pillage a few tiles.

On the other hand I've had the AI refuse peace after I ground through 40-50 of their units.

Generallly, pillaging tiles and damaging cities is the best way to get an AI to capitulate quickly if you don't want to take their citirs.

Pietato likes this.