Do the people on the docks in Europe count towards rebel sentiment population?

WaxonWaxov

Warlord
Do the people on the docks in Europe count towards rebel sentiment population?

If not, it seems like they do.

In my last game my rebel sentiment was stalled at 44%. I picked up 12 people from the docks in Europe, brought them to the New World, then deleted them. My sentiment jumped to 47%.

Go figure.

Yes, they do.

I swear to God. It's almost as you have to have four or five towns that are noting but three Elder Statesmen plus food for them in order to have enought rebel sentiment.

It's not that hard. The key is to get the Founding Fathers that increase your liberty bell production.

Three Elder Statesmen alone produce a measly 18 bells per turn which can only support a total of 9 units at 50% rebel sentiment. In a recent game I had John Jay, Samual Adams, Ben Franklin, Patrick Henry, Washington Irving and Mattos e Guerre. Coupled with a newspaper and 100% colony rebel sentiment that gave me 86 bells per turn which supports 43 units at 50% (and that was just from one colony, I had four more the same size).

The hard thing in vanilla Civ4Col is that soldiers, dragoons, and any other guys not affected to specific tasks in a city all count against your rebel percentage. So if you have more population prepared as a standing army than you have working in your cities, then you could have all your cities at 100% sentiment, and you still wouldn't hit that 50% barrier.

The solution is to put a large part of that standing army to work in cities, raise the sentiment percentage, and then quick switch all those guys back to soldiers as soon as you declare independence. Having lots of wagons or spare ships to hold the extra guns and horses helps, too.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

Top Bottom